PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to all for being who you are. . .

fortyniner1
Mar 27, 2007, 11:07 AM
Like a lot of us, I have had to go down a road of self-discovery to find out that I am indeed bi. My upbringing was one where I was not supposed to question things unless I wanted to feel pain, mostly the pain of being ignored, the pain of being shunned and my least favorite, the pain of not belonging. There have been times in my life, a lot of them really, where I would be with people that I thought were my friends and it became quite evident that we did not share much in common, and so my journey would continue. For me, it led to marriage to a woman that I wanted more than anything. But as is true with many things, be careful for what you wish for. She has been without a doubt the absolute worst thing to ever happen to me, trouble is, I must take the burden of blame as I chose her to be my mate, or my ex-mate. During our marriage, my thoughts turned to what it would be like to be with a guy for times other than watching ball games or some outdoor chore. She told me to be honest with her as it would strengthen our marriage and being the gullible dope I was, I told her that at times I do think of men and what it would be like to be sensual with them. She said she understood. A day later, she snapped at me, and said she never wanted to hear stuff like that from me again, and so I retreated into my ever present and well worn shell and there I stayed until we finally divorced a few months later. She used the honesty I shared with her to portray me as a gay man and that I was not a fit father of our son, a developmentally disabled boy who really needed his dad. To further punish me, she moved 300 miles away. Over the years, I took the initiative to see my boy and spend time with him. So in that regard I did the right thing, and it was up to me to continue my journey and do the right thing more often. I started taking care of me. I saw a therapist, walked every day and exercised. I started to believe that I was a worthy human being, not just the empty soda can that I felt like when she left me. Fast forward, I have an unbreakable bond with my son, soon to graduate from high school. I re-married to the best friend I have ever had. A beautiful, intelligent, brassy, sexy woman who fills me with hope, love and joy. She is the one who bought this computer to allow me to chase my dream to become a published author. I know I will write about living in a small town and being bi and the inherent tribulations that being bi brings. Still, I would not feel the happiness I have today if not for the wonderful people that I have met through this forum of open discussion and ribald jokes. I have a true home here with you and I convey my thanks to all of you for accepting me as I am, and thanks to all of you for being who you are. . . . . . .my dear and trusted friends. May you all experience peace this day and feel the warmth of true love. :kiss:

bi-robin-calif
Mar 27, 2007, 11:19 AM
Hey, my friend! I hope you know you'll always have a place in my heart. Thank you for sharing that. I feel I know you a little bit better for it.

Tommy2020
Mar 27, 2007, 11:21 AM
Very touching. We should be thanking you for finding a home here among us. May you also have a very great day and continue to find happiness on this great road of self discovery.

Tommy2020 :grouphug:

AstroGlide
Mar 27, 2007, 11:26 AM
You really know the meaning of PRIDE..... have a great life.
AstroGlide

mistymockingbird
Mar 27, 2007, 12:05 PM
Niner that's fabulous. Your story is truly touching. It's always uplifting to see people who have been done wrong by the world but still seek out its beauty. Thank you for sharing and welcome home.

Herbwoman39
Mar 27, 2007, 3:33 PM
I don't believe we've ever spoken, buti wanted to tell you that you ARE a worthy and worthwhile human being :) We all are.

It's a brave thing you're doing by putting yourself out here in the world the way you are. We need more open and out bi folks in the world :)

Keep up the good work!

arana
Mar 27, 2007, 4:34 PM
Thanks so much for sharing this with us "Boss". It really brings insight to why you are the charming man you are today. It's interesting the path people choose when they are dealt with such things. Some can become so bitter and hateful while others like yourself can learn to be better people from it.

Have another Cuervotopia and don't forget your fickers annonymous meeting. lol

flexuality
Mar 28, 2007, 12:41 AM
Hehehehe! found ya some REAL Cuervotopia!

And did you know they actually make SOL BEER? LOL!! :tong:

mindfinding
Mar 28, 2007, 1:29 AM
Very touching and heart warming. All the best to you and yours in the future.

Solomon
Mar 28, 2007, 6:16 AM
there's noone in this universe better suited to be your son's father than you. it's indeed a life long journey, but the rewards are always found in the least of these.

many great fortunes, my friend. :cool: :cool:

btw cheers! :cool:

onewhocares
Mar 28, 2007, 7:18 AM
Fortyniner,

You are always welcome here, amoung us all. Each and everyone of us has traveled a road to get where we are today. It is a road filled with detours and potholes and obstacles in our way. But to get to the goal we know is with in our grasp, either consciously or not, we get to a place of acceptence and peace. I am a firm believer that we are meant to meet people, go places and do things that will make us stronger and happier for our ultimate place where we will grow and flourish. I am glad that you found your life mate and that now you will begin your next challenge.

Belle