PDA

View Full Version : Troll Question

mikeh16842
Mar 26, 2007, 11:34 PM
This post is to the ones that have been on this site for a while. How often do trolls show up? They are really annoying. Getting offended is not my problem but it's like listening to finger nails going down a chalk board. So I'm just wondering how often these little lovable creatures like little yellow show up? I guess it's the hazards of having a free site open to all!

TashaSW
Mar 26, 2007, 11:37 PM
Mike, trolls rarely come here.... someones been coming here to cause problems lately and this YellowPaper guy is doing a good job at upsetting people.

Ive been trying to ignore his posts but ugh.... some of his posts are making me really angry :( I wish Drew would hurry up and end this.

wanderingrichard
Mar 26, 2007, 11:39 PM
normally we're pretty tolerant , as you might know, but there are times when we run into them. the YELLOW ones seem to be really obnoxious, but still arent as bad as some others we've seen.

usually when this happens, hundreds of emails to the sites godhead figure go flying in his direction... sort of a god call in D&D when things go south for your character.. no worries, it gets taken care of real quick.

codybear3
Mar 26, 2007, 11:41 PM
LOL...The Yellow ones...That was funny, Rick...Its probably Daisy again under a sickly assumed name... :bigrin: :paw: :paw:

It has been banned.... :tongue: :paw: :paw:

wanderingrichard
Mar 26, 2007, 11:45 PM
wow! talk about fastest with the mostest.. sent an email to drew[ with probably about 3 gazillion other members] about our yellow problem, and while i was answering mike here, WHAM , GOD came in and purged the whole site of the yellow scourge!!

well we always knew that drew in "god mode" was a force to be reckoned with.. thanx drew, that was one i was actually gonna hunt down and kill myself if he didnt stop.

TashaSW
Mar 26, 2007, 11:48 PM
wow! talk about fastest with the mostest.. sent an email to drew[ with probably about 3 gazillion other members] about our yellow problem, and while i was answering mike here, WHAM , GOD came in and purged the whole site of the yellow scourge!!

well we always knew that drew in "god mode" was a force to be reckoned with.. thanx drew, that was one i was actually gonna hunt down and kill myself if he didnt stop.

I know!! lol I was replying to Mike too then I noticed the Yellowpaper threads were gone lol

I would have gone with you Wandering..... I was getting angry at those posts and was wishing Drew would hurry up lol Hey! I WISHED!! IT CAME TRUE!!

mistymockingbird
Mar 26, 2007, 11:50 PM
Damn, that was quick. I hadn't even read any of the yellow posts. Although I will say I've not been reading the boards as much lately because of all the flaming. Sadly the same thing has been happening in chat recently as well. Its unfortunate because this is a great community. Very caring and supportive. Tolerant of those who are tolerant of others. To answer your question mike, this is rare. Lets just ride it out and keep our heads held high.

TorontoGuy2007
Mar 26, 2007, 11:54 PM
trolls don't seem to come here very often. this yellow person was quite sickening. congrats to drew for getting that issue dealt with quickly..

mikeh16842
Mar 27, 2007, 12:03 AM
I agree..."Thank You Drew!!!" I kind of figured it was not a common thing but regardless how often it happens, it's still to often.

IanBorthwick
Mar 27, 2007, 12:38 AM
I'm gone for the weekend and I missed the new Troll? Yay for boyscout campouts!

bigirl_inwv
Mar 27, 2007, 12:41 AM
Hell, I've been here...multiple times over the past two days and I still missed it. lol

TashaSW
Mar 27, 2007, 12:41 AM
I'm gone for the weekend and I missed the new Troll? Yay for boyscout campouts!

It happened about a hour or 2 ago before you came online!! You DIDN'T want to read it.. everyone that wasn't on the board then are LUCKY :)

wanderingrichard
Mar 27, 2007, 12:53 AM
Hell, I've been here...multiple times over the past two days and I still missed it. lol

most of it came in the form of rants by one person posting across serious multiples of topics, just to be a shit it seemed. trust me, it wasnt anything to be proud of, and even the most audacious 8 year old could have done better in one or two instances..

Solomon
Mar 27, 2007, 1:43 AM
and Drewhan will answer! muster the drewhirim! heheheheee!! :bigrin:

i love that line is LOR!

12voltman59
Mar 27, 2007, 2:02 AM
I had never heard the term "troll" before the recent spate of nastiness we have had on here--we do get them from time to time--I have been busy of late and did not see the "yellow" threads---I am kind of glad I missed them since I had seen more than enough of the Daisy posts---

Thankfully--"trolls" do tend to show up from time to time but get dealt with rather quickly--usually they leave on their own volution---

codybear3
Mar 27, 2007, 2:26 AM
most of it came in the form of rants by one person posting across serious multiples of topics, just to be a shit it seemed. trust me, it wasnt anything to be proud of, and even the most audacious 8 year old could have done better in one or two instances..

Well, it really bothered me about what he called Kate but to have jumped all over it would have given it reason to play with its self and continue talking out of its ass... :paw: :paw:

Solomon
Mar 27, 2007, 6:53 AM
truthfully i just laugh at these people and their ridiculous little antics... they set themselves up beautifully too! lol!

i don't like it that people that i care about get upset over the postings... but at least i hope i can poke a little humor into it to help cool things off....

AstroGlide
Mar 27, 2007, 12:10 PM
Drew truly works in mysterious ways.... :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
And I truly appreciate his efforts in keeping this site in working order.
Thanks Drew...

AstroGlide

TashaSW
Mar 27, 2007, 12:21 PM
truthfully i just laugh at these people and their ridiculous little antics... they set themselves up beautifully too! lol!

i don't like it that people that i care about get upset over the postings... but at least i hope i can poke a little humor into it to help cool things off....

Sol, your vampire wife is out to get me!!!

I like Humor!! hehe

darkeyes
Mar 27, 2007, 12:26 PM

I like Humor!! hehe

S'ok Tash me sort 'er out for ya!!! giggles!!! :bigrin:

csrakate
Mar 27, 2007, 12:40 PM
Well, it really bothered me about what he called Kate but to have jumped all over it would have given it reason to play with its self and continue talking out of its ass... :paw: :paw:

Aww Cody...you are so sweet! But if it makes you feel any better, I never saw what IT said about me (but I am very curious as to what IT said! LOL!)...I had decided to go on to bed and let IT die. But thanks anyway for caring!!

Hugs,
Kate

darkeyes
Mar 27, 2007, 12:50 PM
Aww Cody...you are so sweet! But if it makes you feel any better, I never saw what IT said about me (but I am very curious as to what IT said! LOL!)...I had decided to go on to bed and let IT die. But thanks anyway for caring!!

Hugs,
Kate

Mumsy??? wot??? u been gettin whipped 2???:(

Luffya! :bigrin:

TashaSW
Mar 27, 2007, 1:12 PM

Hugs,
Kate

He pretty much told you not to reply to his posts if you didn't like it and to click back button.
(I left out the swear words and a rather nasty word that he was calling ALL women actually... but was saying the above with the word and other swear words to anyone that replied to his posts)

He was a awful person... posted more bad stuff after you logged off. Drew was rather quick to come online and take care of business. :)

Herbwoman39
Mar 27, 2007, 3:22 PM
Wow! Drew must be getting really quick on the draw. I never even saw anything posted by the Yellow scourge.

As for Trolls, we'll get them once in a while, but most of the time it's a quiet little neighborhood here.

Tommy2020
Mar 27, 2007, 3:28 PM
Hey Drew...
My hats' off to ya' for taking care of your creation and doin' it very well.
Thanks big guy...

Tommy2020

TashaSW
Mar 27, 2007, 3:29 PM
Wow! Drew must be getting really quick on the draw. I never even saw anything posted by the Yellow scourge.

As for Trolls, we'll get them once in a while, but most of the time it's a quiet little neighborhood here.

Well, I wished.... who said wishes don't come true? :)
Or maybe it was just perfect timing that the troll posted that junk and Drew happened to come online and was bombed with PM and abuse post reports! hehe
Or maybe someone has his private email address and told him what was going on.

I think the people that missed it are VERY lucky.... Wouldn't have wanted to read the things IT said....... *sighs* Evil posts..... That guy had serious medical problems.

arana
Mar 27, 2007, 4:39 PM
It happened about a hour or 2 ago before you came online!! You DIDN'T want to read it.. everyone that wasn't on the board then are LUCKY :)
Ah dang I missed some excitment??? Always at the wrong place at the wrong time. Story of my life.

codybear3
Mar 27, 2007, 8:26 PM
Ah dang I missed some excitment??? Always at the wrong place at the wrong time. Story of my life.

Nuthin worth repeating Arana...Just the rants of a nobody... :paw: :paw:

flexuality
Mar 27, 2007, 8:27 PM

I like Humor!! hehe

I get two days where Sol takes over the puter and I can't reply! :(

I tried biting his neck......but he LIKES it! LOL! :tong:

codybear3
Mar 27, 2007, 8:28 PM
Nuthin worth repeating Arana...Just the rants of a nobody... :paw: :paw:

This post is just so I can hit the 700 hundred mark... :tongue:

There...I did it... :bigrin: :rolleyes: :paw: :paw:

flexuality
Mar 27, 2007, 8:30 PM
S'ok Tash me sort 'er out for ya!!! giggles!!! :bigrin:

**hides her teeth...... :bigrin: ....oops...they showin..... :bigrin: :bigrin: **

flexuality
Mar 27, 2007, 8:35 PM
I saw the posts....they were almost funny in thier complete hatred of pretty much everyone on the planet. The only one who looked like a fool was the one who was banned.

And rather quickly, I might add! LOL! :tong:

wanderingrichard
Mar 27, 2007, 10:39 PM

it had an ass?? sorry i thot the whole thing was a walking trolls ass

wanderingrichard
Mar 27, 2007, 10:45 PM

700!? damn, i wont even make 500 before the end of the year at this rate..

flexuality
Mar 27, 2007, 11:00 PM
it had an ass?? sorry i thot the whole thing was a walking trolls ass

hmmm...it was called "yellowpaper"....isn't that what puppies pee on? lol!
:tong:

12voltman59
Mar 28, 2007, 1:19 AM

Ya got me beat Cody!!!!!!!!
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

It sounded like the Yellow Fever guy was pretty much of a prick--and I don't mean that in a good way--I guess after that previous round of trolldom--I did not need to see the most recent one---Daisy kind of had me a trifle PO'ed....I think of some of the other "trolls" we had--some of those Rush Limbaugh Dittoheads that came around for a bit last year---I don't mind that they have a "conservative" viewpoint and world outlook--I like to have a good political give and take discussion---I did not like being told I was evil and stupid for being a "liberal"---by their way of figuring--I was liberal because I did not accept hook line and sinker the crap they got from Rush, Faux News, et al...

I do thank Drew for banning all idiots---people are certainly free to have their varying opinions on whatever issue or topic---when a person moves from simply expressing those viewpoints to getting nasty and personal against others--then it's time for them to go!!!!!!

Solomon
Mar 28, 2007, 4:43 AM

I like Humor!! hehe

is ok... you only get to be immortal once ya know! heheheheee!! :cool:

besides.... it don't hurt... much bwahahahaaw! :bigrin: