PDA

View Full Version : what a guy

Philbert
Mar 26, 2007, 10:36 AM
sorry if this has already been posted, but if it has it deserves another go

click me (http://cjcphoto.com/can/)

Delilah
Mar 26, 2007, 10:49 AM
I saw that before! It really touches me and I will never get tired of reading it.
:)

Philbert
Mar 26, 2007, 10:57 AM
i challenge anyone to read this all teh way through and keep a dry eye

bi-robin-calif
Mar 26, 2007, 11:23 AM
You owe me for a box of tissues, man...

Thanks for sharing that.

tink1978
Mar 26, 2007, 12:32 PM
all I have to say about that is

People wonder why we have children. It is not just to carry on the blood line but to see the smile on their face when they are truly happy. Children aren't they great.

Amanda proud mother of 2 wonderful but challenging boys

wanderingrichard
Mar 27, 2007, 1:04 AM
first time or two i heard about this, many years ago, it was like, pft!! yeh right.. whatever it's just a stunt.. then i went to boston in support of some of my army buddies who were actually good enough to run that race, and saw father and son together, and the support they were getting, the statemnt they were making by being there, and then it clicked.

guys, this will be a tough act to follow, and one hell of an example to call on when we have problems parenting..

12voltman59
Mar 27, 2007, 2:07 AM
I had not read that particular article but have seen the story on various televison shows--it is very touching---

codybear3
Mar 27, 2007, 2:22 AM

I've seen this before...And like the last time, the floodgates of my emotions burst open...Thanks for sharing this... :paw: :paw:

Solomon
Mar 27, 2007, 7:11 AM
i saw the video of the man and his son at a business seminar, it's awsome!

i'm reminded of a story.

there was village that was destroyed a long time ago and it's survivors had to travel through the desert in order to reach any help. they struggled through the blazing heat of day and the cold of night, until they were about three quarters of the way through, then one of the villagers who was very badly near to collapse said to his wife "go on without me, i'm not going to make it and i don't want to slow anyone up". his wife thought about that and walked on over a hill. then she ran back to her husband who was getting ready to die. she gave him the infant that they were carrying during the walk, and told him "here it's your turn to carry him". and then she ran back to join the other villagers.

when she got to the bottom of the hill she saw her huband walking fast enough to catch up to the other villagers, and they all made it through...

i ask anyone... show me what you've got when you've got nothing left....

Mrs.F
Mar 27, 2007, 9:09 AM
That is just absolutely amazing! That is one hell of a man! Brought tears to my eyes. That is LOVE! :angel:

slipperybird
Mar 28, 2007, 1:23 PM
wow, i hadn't seen this. amazing. thanks :)

NothingToSeeHere
Mar 28, 2007, 1:45 PM

Well, I took your challenge!

(.... and lost)

Philbert
Mar 28, 2007, 5:40 PM
i was at work when i first read teh article, it was a difficult one to explain to my boss, so i showed him it. he had the same reaction