PDA

View Full Version : To get rid of a bed yes or no?? and how?!?!

deletetacount123
Mar 21, 2007, 10:14 PM
I have a spare bed in my guest room... this is a bed I had in my late teens and shared with my ex.
Now I can't stand looking at it. lol

I have a new bed now and I love it.. Its bigger too and more resonable for a 27 year old girl (doesn;t look like a little girls bed lol)

So my old bed is REALLY HIGH off the floor, you have to really "jump" to get in.
Its in my guest (spare) room right now but its so big you could hardly move in there if you stayed over.
I hate the bed, I don't even like it.

I never have any guests over so the room is just looking abonded with a great deal of dust on the bedspread I bet!
I have other plans for the room, I wanted to put a TV in there and do my workout in that room.
I figured if I got rid of the bed, and should someone come over, I could always buy those "put away" beds thats out there these days. (The air ones, the ones you can fold up and store under a bed or closet....etc)

What do you guys think?? And how would you get rid of a bed??? It would have to be taken apart and theres lots of pieces lol

I just don;t think it belongs in there especially not in a room when its big and pretty much the only thing that fits!! lol
Maybe Im watching to much "TLC'S CLEAN SWEEP" and "Take this House and SELL IT" show (the one where buyers come in and say why they don;t like the room.... and designers try to make it better so the house sells)

Tasha
PS yes, the fact the ex slept in it is one reason I hate it lol The other is cause Ive outgrown it. I like my new one better and my new bed is a QUEEN while the old one is a double

tell_no_one99
Mar 21, 2007, 10:50 PM
drop it off in an Ally :wiggle2:

innaminka
Mar 21, 2007, 10:50 PM
A bed is a piece of furniture.
You've outgrown it - why even ask?

Believe me, there's nothing sacred about any bed. You sleep in them and you shag in them. When they're no good for that, they go!

TorontoGuy2007
Mar 21, 2007, 10:51 PM
HI Tasha

you should have a ceremonial bon fire with the bed and this can symbolically be your way of burning your ex and sending him to hell! hehe.. make sure you use lots of lighter fluid! lol

but seriously, if it is a useful bed, then perhaps you could sell it or give it away to family or friends that may have use for it. otherwise, just throw it out

flexuality
Mar 21, 2007, 10:53 PM
Get rid of it.

Use a sledge hammer. :bigrin:

I did that once after my ex finally left....the sledge hammer thing....it felt GREAT!!! :tong:

.....I am in a very strange mood.......lol!

deletetacount123
Mar 21, 2007, 11:03 PM
Get rid of it.

Use a sledge hammer. :bigrin:

I did that once after my ex finally left....the sledge hammer thing....it felt GREAT!!! :tong:

.....I am in a very strange mood.......lol!

Oh god.... seriously?!?!?! lol

Ya, it was a nice bed when I liked it.... now its a "why do I still have you?" lol
Im gonna take pictures of it, then take it apart.... sweet talk my neighbour to help me put it in the downstairs room behind the garage.... see if I can sell it at the next garage sale and make a few hundred dollars :) That'll be fun. lol

By the way Flex... I bet my mood is more stranger than yours.... I still have my wedding dress.... I want to dump blood all over it and take a knife, tear it up!!!!!!! then put it in the trash and tell everyone that askes that it got ruined so I had to throw it out :) :) :)
hehe THAT comes from the side of me that was to obessed with horror movies as a teen lol

I will gladly pay anyone if they can help me sell my rings and a pocket watch on Ebay. :) After 6 tries I give up :(

arana
Mar 21, 2007, 11:42 PM
What type of bed is it? Couldn't you just revamp it into a large couch/lounge type thing with lots of fluffy cushions and things? Depending what you're doing with the room you have it in you could encorporate it into something useful.

If you're positive you'll never have company donate it to someone that needs one. But usually as soon as you get rid of it you need it. lol I did that with my bed.

deletetacount123
Mar 21, 2007, 11:47 PM
What type of bed is it? Couldn't you just revamp it into a large couch/lounge type thing with lots of fluffy cushions and things? Depending what you're doing with the room you have it in you could encorporate it into something useful.

If you're positive you'll never have company donate it to someone that needs one. But usually as soon as you get rid of it you need it. lol I did that with my bed.

Its a BIG capory (sp... you know those beds that have poles and a square on the top so you can drap a curtain or something on it to make it look girly) bed its so high you need a stool to get on it.
I don;'t have people coming over so I have no need for a second bed.
Every time my cousin comes over she wants to sleep with me in my bed lol (She hates high beds and I refuse to let her sleep on the couch which isn't comfry to sleep on lol)

Solomon
Mar 22, 2007, 4:13 AM
my vote would be sell it.

let them deal with the disposal and pay you for getting rid of your problem lol! :cool:

Tommy2020
Mar 22, 2007, 10:43 AM
You could turn it into a fish tank for the goldfish.....
Tommy2020 :shades:

(It's a joke son.....)

DanyGirl
Mar 22, 2007, 11:33 AM
If you have a local women's centre, homeless shelter or Salvation Army Store these places can always use donations, especially beds! Once clients find homes donated furniture helps fill these. The Salvation Army will even come and pick the bed up for you (at least in my area). By donating you can take something that has come to be negative in your life and make it a real positive!

AstroGlide
Mar 22, 2007, 1:14 PM
Break it down with a power saw or whatever, and then burn it.

The previous post says it very nicely... take something negative and turn it into something postive.

Fire Lotus
Mar 22, 2007, 1:37 PM
By the way Flex... I bet my mood is more stranger than yours.... I still have my wedding dress.... I want to dump blood all over it and take a knife, tear it up!!!!!!! then put it in the trash and tell everyone that askes that it got ruined so I had to throw it out :) :) :)
hehe THAT comes from the side of me that was to obessed with horror movies as a teen lol

A rewrite of Carrie? Instead of mass murder and destruction at the high school, it's at her wedding! lol (I've watched a few horror flicks, myself)

As for the bed, like others have said, I'd try to sell it.

deletetacount123
Mar 22, 2007, 2:07 PM
A rewrite of Carrie? Instead of mass murder and destruction at the high school, it's at her wedding! lol (I've watched a few horror flicks, myself)

As for the bed, like others have said, I'd try to sell it.

Fire Lotus..... yes lol
I did dress up as Carrie White for halloween one year at a school contest..... that got all the bullies to shut up for the day. lol (No one dared to bully me.... they said I looked EXCATLY like Carrie White..... even her eyes!! *gasps*

The only bad thing was the fake blood wasn't that easy to wash off lol especially from blond hair!!!!

The wedding dress would have been great if Carrie was rewritten lol but I was thinking more of a "Vampire Bride" story lol Can you imgaine turning into a vampire on your wedding day?!?!?! Yikes!! lol

Ya, Im gonna try to sell the bed. It was very expenisve so it would be nice to get some money for it. :)

Tasha

Fire Lotus
Mar 22, 2007, 2:54 PM
The wedding dress would have been great if Carrie was rewritten lol but I was thinking more of a "Vampire Bride" story lol Can you imgaine turning into a vampire on your wedding day?!?!?! Yikes!! lol

I love vampires....but that's a whole other story or thread or something ;)

Spicy
Mar 22, 2007, 4:09 PM
Sell it and use the money! that could help.

Spicy

deletetacount123
Mar 22, 2007, 4:17 PM
Sell it and use the money! that could help.

Spicy

Ya!! :-) But how... I don't want people coming inside to see and most people like to see a bed put together to decide if they want it.
Do you think taking pictures of it all together then selling the bed through the pictures will help??

jamiehue
Mar 22, 2007, 4:45 PM
I second the womens shelter maybe a child will say this is just right!

darkeyes
Mar 22, 2007, 7:08 PM
Fire Lotus..... yes lol
I did dress up as Carrie White for halloween one year at a school contest..... that got all the bullies to shut up for the day. lol (No one dared to bully me.... they said I looked EXCATLY like Carrie White..... even her eyes!! *gasps*

The only bad thing was the fake blood wasn't that easy to wash off lol especially from blond hair!!!!

Ya, Im gonna try to sell the bed. It was very expenisve so it would be nice to get some money for it. :)

Tasha Me has a namedaughter called Carrie.. she is luffly... her surname aint White but horror of horrors her gran's surname is... 'er mum calls 'er "little witchie" as a nick...wen me sees 'er me makes sure "little witchie" learns a few more spells! :bigrin:

bhg08054
Mar 22, 2007, 9:05 PM
What to do with it depends on the answer to these two questions:

Is the bed more then 100 years old?
Was it ever owned by anyone "famous"?

If the answer to both of those is no, then I'm sure there is a charitable organization that will haul it away for you.
If the answer to either is yes, then I'm sure there is an antiques dealer that will haul it away for you.
If the answer to BOTH is yes, then the antiques dealer should pay you for the privilege of hauling it away.
In either case, it, and the bad memories of the ex it triggers, will be gone.

deletetacount123
Mar 22, 2007, 10:54 PM
What to do with it depends on the answer to these two questions:

Is the bed more then 100 years old?
Was it ever owned by anyone "famous"?

If the answer to both of those is no, then I'm sure there is a charitable organization that will haul it away for you.
If the answer to either is yes, then I'm sure there is an antiques dealer that will haul it away for you.
If the answer to BOTH is yes, then the antiques dealer should pay you for the privilege of hauling it away.
In either case, it, and the bad memories of the ex it triggers, will be gone.

No, the bed was brand new when I bought it but made to look like a girls antique (all white). So its probably 8 years old or so.

pecker
Mar 22, 2007, 11:01 PM
You have me wondering what to do with my grass clippings GEEEEEEEES Sell the Damn thing..................Put up a pic in your local grocery and put a price on the monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deletetacount123
Mar 22, 2007, 11:03 PM
You have me wondering what to do with my grass clippings GEEEEEEEES Sell the Damn thing..................Put up a pic in your local grocery and put a price on the monster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive actually seen people SELLING and BUYING laundry lint on EBAY!!!
You know the lint the dryer collects that you have to clean up after every load?!?! That lint!

flexuality
Mar 23, 2007, 12:48 AM
Ive actually seen people SELLING and BUYING laundry lint on EBAY!!!
You know the lint the dryer collects that you have to clean up after every load?!?! That lint!

Laundry lint???? LOL!!! People buy that???

I'll make a FORTUNE!!!!! :bigrin:

deletetacount123
Mar 23, 2007, 12:49 AM
Laundry lint???? LOL!!! People buy that???

I'll make a FORTUNE!!!!! :bigrin:

Yep! Just look on ebay, you'll probably see a couple listings and maybe a bid or 2 on some lol
I have NO IDEA what they use them for lol Some people sell them by a bagful.

DiamondDog
Mar 23, 2007, 1:09 AM
just keep it for guests. It beats having them sleep on a couch or having to bring a sleeping bag.

deletetacount123
Mar 23, 2007, 1:15 AM
just keep it for guests. It beats having them sleep on a couch or having to bring a sleeping bag.

It takes up ALL the room in the guestroom, they'll have no were to put thier suitcase lol But then, they would just be sleeping in there.
I could throw out the bedding and get nice new ones so it looks less threatening..... but I don't know... I NEVER HAVE GUESTS. so it seems like a waste to have something thats never gonna get used.