PDA

View Full Version : twisting that way or that

lonewolf
Mar 21, 2007, 7:04 PM
being bi sexual myslef. sometimes im caught up in some sort of double bind wether it be physically or spiritually .
i dont know how many other bi sexuals have tried to find that middle ground and finaly know themselves
thanks

flexuality
Mar 21, 2007, 7:37 PM
Having just come through 30 hours or so of the excrutiating pain of another cluster migraine, I tend to get rather phylisophical in some strange attempt to make sense of how I can feel so cursed and so blessed at the same time.

Double bind.....ah yes, the conflict of ourselves that society at large tries to teach us to "get rid" of the so called bad stuff, the negative, the beast as it were.

There is no middle ground, there is no balance, there is only a whole.

I am all of these things. I am the angel and the beast and everything in between. To "get rid" of the beast would be to "get rid" of a part of me.

To quote my husband, Solomon, "Embrace the beast and you'll find that you greatly missed yourself."

How can I know joy if I don't know dispair? What's the use of courage if I don't know fear? How can I have hope if I do not have doubt?

Just some thoughts from a tortured mind.....

bigregory
Mar 21, 2007, 8:36 PM
Having just come through 30 hours or so of the excrutiating pain of another cluster migraine, I tend to get rather phylisophical in some strange attempt to make sense of how I can feel so cursed and so blessed at the same time.

Double bind.....ah yes, the conflict of ourselves that society at large tries to teach us to "get rid" of the so called bad stuff, the negative, the beast as it were.

There is no middle ground, there is no balance, there is only a whole.

I am all of these things. I am the angel and the beast and everything in between. To "get rid" of the beast would be to "get rid" of a part of me.

To quote my husband, Solomon, "Embrace the beast and you'll find that you greatly missed yourself."

How can I know joy if I don't know dispair? What's the use of courage if I don't know fear? How can I have hope if I do not have doubt?

Just some thoughts from a tortured mind.....
There is no way of saying it better than that.
In the end its all the same.
It's all in the mind!!!
Live Love Laugh
:tongue:

DiamondDog
Mar 21, 2007, 10:03 PM
I used to think about myself/my sexuality a lot to the point where I'd lose sleep over it, and now I view doing that as mental masturbation, and when I stopped obsessing over it constantly that's when I discovered how I am.

I figured out that I can fall in love with both genders, have sex/relationships with both, but I am pretty much mostly in the middle ground with my attractions. I've got equal flexibility most of the time with both men and women, to the point where I want both. I've got seperate independant sex drives, and I'd probably be unhappy in an exclusive relationship because one drive always goes hungry. But this doesn't mean I'd need to have to have an open relationship and that I couldn't have a closed/exclusive relationship with the right guy.

But my attractions to men never really go away like they sometimes do for women, and I go through periods (months/almost a year at a time) where I am more or less homosexual and the idea of being with a woman sexually or vaginal sex is just gross, and then I go back to being equal.