PDA

View Full Version : smoking pot

FriedDuck
Mar 19, 2007, 1:32 AM
how many ppl here like to smoke pot?

it is acceptable here in the netherlands and pretty much legal.

I mean u cannot drive on it and if u buy A LOT of it like kilos of it or lots of grams and try to sell it u will get in trouble.

i smoked it for a bit but now i do not anymore as it very strong.

ElizabethJane
Mar 19, 2007, 1:42 AM
I wish one day to visit the Netherlands. I also wish for it to be legal in the states one day. Seriously.

entropy
Mar 19, 2007, 2:03 AM
I do socially, but I've never gone out and bought it.

My opinion is legalize pot, or try getting rid of alcohol (again, because it's more dangerous and prohibiting it really worked the first time). Maybe if mj was more of a staple in culture like alcohol was when it became illegal then we'd be able to smoke it freely today, just my :2cents:

mistymockingbird
Mar 19, 2007, 3:11 AM
Used to be an everyday smoker. Now its more like once a week or so. Love my herb. I have a long list of reasons why I think it should be legalized in the states.

IanBorthwick
Mar 19, 2007, 3:54 AM
Don't smoke it, never will. I've seen the long term effects, hell I even work for someone who still thinks there are none despite admitting he knows it cuased it. Oh well, can't tell people anything they don't want to hear.

Solomon
Mar 19, 2007, 4:03 AM
how many ppl here like to smoke pot?

it is acceptable here in the netherlands and pretty much legal.

I mean u cannot drive on it and if u buy A LOT of it like kilos of it or lots of grams and try to sell it u will get in trouble.

i smoked it for a bit but now i do not anymore as it very strong.

i don't smoke marijuana anymore, but i used to. wish it was legal here. would be good to set up some coffee houses don't ya think? we are thinking of moving to Holland, but i hear that they tax rich people at 80%!

FriedDuck
Mar 19, 2007, 5:24 AM
i don't smoke marijuana anymore, but i used to. wish it was legal here. would be good to set up some coffee houses don't ya think? we are thinking of moving to Holland, but i hear that they tax rich people at 80%!
yes taxse are high but it is worth it.
we dutch r not all about smoking pot and i do not like tourists who go to our country and only do that.

u r from canada, isn't it pretty relaxed there? i read about how in various canda cities how u can smoke and it's a lot better than america with pot.

noostoo
Mar 19, 2007, 7:00 AM
Used to be a daily smoker until 18 months ago but decided to give up when I was on my way to hospital in an ambulance in the middle of a minor heart attack. The main cause of my heart attack was smoking so be careful kids. Strangely, it's the carbon monoxide in the smoke which causes blockages in your arteries so any smoking has the same effect.

I've lived in Amsterdam and Eindhoven and used to love being able to go to a coffee shop and chill with a joint after work. Tweede Kamer, De Kuil and Abraxas in Amsterdam were amongst my faves.

mrplayfuluk
Mar 19, 2007, 7:15 AM
I used to smoke it from my school years. 6 months ago i smoked 'skunk' and it was so powerful it changed my views on it. Pot makes me horny and with skunk I achieved a multiple orgasm but the side effects of the drug affected me for months afterwards so i have avoided it all since......

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Mar 19, 2007, 7:28 AM
As a former pothead, I miss it. My job doesn't allow me to smoke it regularly, Im usually dropped about 5-6 times a year so its not worth it to me to lose everything I have. However, there have been times when I have had extended time off and have hit a joint a few times knowing it would be out of my system by the time I got back to work. I've always enjoyed it, I laugh so hard I almost piss myself. Not to mention the confusion it causes hehe. One time a few friends of mine and I were smoking, tried to turn on the stereo and it appeared to be broken. So after probably a good 20 mins of checking all of the attachments, and what nots someone realized the volume was turned down to mute. Things like that when your stoned are so freakin hilarious. Just my 2 :2cents: :)

izzfan
Mar 19, 2007, 8:32 AM
Only tried it properly once a couple of months ago [tried it once before that but it was like 95% tobacco]. Yeah, its quite nice, better than drink in some ways but not as good in others. To be honest, it should have been legalised years ago but the pharmaceutical companies, breweries and american government [eg: all those internations conventions/ treaties on 'dangerous narcotic drugs' in 60s/70s] have tried to stop that for reasons of profit, puritanism or both. Interesting how the Dutch government got around the international treaties though, under the treaties they're obliged to outlaw certain drugs [eg: marijuana] but they've got an official document saying they won't enforce it in most circumstances. The UK and the rest of Europe could learn a lot from that!

Entropy, prohibition didn't work in 1920s America. All it did was give more money to the criminals/ gangsters and cause widespread corruption amongst the police. And most people still drank anyway but had the dangers of unregulated drinks [eg: moonshine which could contain anything eg: methylated spirits etc... which would be a lot more dangerous than the legal, well produced booze before prohibition]and it came about thanks to a hysterical and unreasonable moral panic [eg: temperence campaigns in early 20th century]. I can't help but see paralells between alcohol prohibition in 20s America and drug prohibition in the modern world.

Just my :2cents:

Izzfan :flag3:

Enoll
Mar 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
I have in the past, but haven't had any all year.
I never bought it, I just smoked it when it was offerd by friends. My girlfriend smokes regularly, but who in a busy customer service job doesn't? hehe ;)

Herbwoman39
Mar 19, 2007, 11:13 AM
I smoked for a little while when I was 19 and one more time in my mid-20's.

I agree that pot should be legalized, BUT I also feel that employers should have the right not to hire those who test positive. Employers should also have the right to do random screenings with the penalty being loss of employment for those that test positive.

Tommy2020
Mar 19, 2007, 11:24 AM
Want to talk about screwed up rules... It is legal in California to purchase medical marijuana with a prescription from your doctor. And there are various drug stores throughout California that sell marijuana.

I was reading in the paper the other day of a woman living in California, who is dying from some malady and she was busted by the Feds for having medical marijuana in her pocession. Seems as if the Federal laws prohibit it but the California laws allow it. She went to court, took it to a Federal level and was found guilty.

So... here you have a bunch of local drug stores in California selling legalized medical marijuana and they all, all, are subject to raids by the Feds.

Go figure....

Where's the logic in this or am I just smokin' something?
Could someone from California please chime in on this, please.

Thanks,
Tommy2020

diamond_tether
Mar 19, 2007, 11:44 AM
All we'll say is that we've got a laundry list of reasons why we think it should be legal. If only because the legality of it is so disputed (1/4 blood+ Native Americans can have it in some states, Cali has made it legal at the state level, Rastafarians occasionally get a pass for religious reasons at the federal level, etc)

bookworm
Mar 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
Many eons ago--when dinosaurs still roamed the land--I went through my experimental drug stage and smoked pot on social occasions. Never bought any, but if offered I went for it. I had heard that pot made one hungry, horny, etc., but all it did for me was made me sleepy. 20-plus years later, the hardest substance I've ingested has been aspirin, although I still have a retro fondness (in mind only) for LSD...

That said, drug laws in the U.S. defy logic, particularly when it comes to weed. Smoke pot? Then it's prison for you! The perfect place to teach you a lesson! It reminds me of a news sketch on Saturday Night Live long ago, in which the punch line to laws enacted to criminalize oral sex (perhaps anal, can't recall...may have been smoking weed at the time) in some States was, "And as we all know, prison is the best place to get rid of that nasty habit!"

I recently saw an ad on tv for something called Restless Leg Syndrome, whatever the hell that is. In fact, I never knew, reading or watching ads, that I had so many problems!

So the ad goes on to say that taking this "drug" may cause sleepiness during regular activities like driving a car...Yup! Getting into a car crash will take care of that Restless Leg, but the best part--IT'S LEGAL!

So as we're walking through our homes, with dispensers here and there to quell the ills the Drug Companies have deigned to make our lives better, remember this: Weed Is Bad!

biwords
Mar 19, 2007, 4:00 PM
I found it to be a powerful sex enhancer, and miss it for that reason alone.

gjmwbimale48
Mar 19, 2007, 5:05 PM
being a child of the 60's and 70's i spent more than a few years (12 or so) as a confirmed pot(or dope) head. i was the "wake and bake" kid....my moto was " dope will get you thru times of no money, better than money will get you thru times of no dope".

i found it increased my creativity ( i was a designer and properties artist for theatre and opera at the time) and even more importantly it amplified the sexual experience. i stopped smoking it in my early 30's but picked it back up about a dozen years later. Tho i only occasionally get high now, i still do prefer it to alcohol, but its much more of a hassle now to obtain, way more expensive, and is easily tested for by many employers and hospitals especially in regards to any accidents covered by insurance....

i think it should be de-stigmatized and legalized (or at the very least decriminalized)... it shouldn't be anyones business if i smoke something that i can easily grow in my back yard!!

after all.....

Marijuana is just nature's little way of saying "high"

bookworm
Mar 19, 2007, 5:12 PM
gj--

The Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers comics...Still have them...

gjmwbimale48
Mar 19, 2007, 5:15 PM
hehehe....

I had the velvetine black light poster of it..... :stoned:

Tommy2020
Mar 19, 2007, 6:06 PM
(/QUOTE) after all.....

Marijuana is just nature's little way of saying "high"[/QUOTE]

Is that like... 'ED...Nature's way of saying, no hard feelings' ?
Tommy2020 :tong:

houstonmwm7
Mar 19, 2007, 6:12 PM
I am a 45 yo, professional, married, well-known & respected businesman in a smaller community. What people don't know about me is that I keep my own secret stash (not even my wife knows about it - although we used to party together when dating and pre-kids). I have always loved smoking pot...Not only does it give me an incredibly good feeling and put me in great spirits, I become very social (I am usually more reserved), and one of the great benifits is that it makes me horny as hell !!!

The way I smoke though really has no effect on anyone else, so I don't see the harm in it at all. I keep a small stash that's highly potent and may smoke a pinch or two after work on Friday and/or Saturday - that's it....That little bit gets me incredibly high, and I don't consider it enough to be any type of threat to my health. I prefer pot any time over alcohol, and it keeps me from drinking very much when we do go out....The great thing about that is no hangover!!!

I think our society (USA) should loosen up - especially for small time users...There is really no difference in me catching a buzz by smoking a little pot and someone having a few drinks (except I feel alot better!).

imtiffanys
Mar 19, 2007, 8:22 PM
I like smoking it.. my bf likes it even better when i smoke it cause i'm give great oral sex..lol and also it makes me unwind after along day. :bibounce:

bi-robin-calif
Mar 19, 2007, 8:38 PM
Do I smoke pot? You know, man, I used to a long time ago but I found it really messed up the way I thought and talked and wrote and so I stopped doing it a long time ago and wow! I saw this great movie a couple a weeks ago, and I enjoyed it so much I went out and bought the DVD and I've watched it like a hundred times now and....

Uh, I'm sorry...what were we talking about, man?

Azrael
Mar 19, 2007, 8:43 PM
I've been a pothead for about 10 years now. It makes my job a lot easier to deal with, or is great when I want to unwind. It takes the edge off things nicely.

Domino
Mar 20, 2007, 4:33 AM
I freaking love pot. I am not a person that can have it in the house tho, because I can't control myself with it, I will just smoke it every waking moment. Pro long usgae makes me paranoid, and prone to procrastination but I am ok with it on occasion.