PDA

View Full Version : Can Bi Find Happiness?

myironlung78
Mar 17, 2007, 1:31 PM
Happiness... its a complicated issue... simple for some, not so for others. I read about many people who do find happiness in their bisexuality.... and while I believe in theory I can find the same, I dunno.

While I believe a lot of things to my core, my upbringing plays so much into how I'm able to be happy.

Before I continue rambling - lemme tell you bout myself some more. I'm 29, I'm from the northeast, i'm bi. I have a girlfriend whom I've been with for about 7-8 months now, and we have a wonderful relationship. With her I'm very happy and satisfied, emotionally and sexually. Before her, I had a boyfriend about a year ago, and it was actually a miserable relationship.

Lately I been missing the male touch... really missing it. Something that I know a girl can't provide, logically. She and I have spoken openly, and while she embraces my bisexuality, she doesn't embrace the idea of having any extra-cirricular activities.

Are there any bi guys in monogamous relationships who find peace, and satisfaction or is there always that nagging need.

Also - how does one know if they're meant to be with a guy or a girl? Based on my own cultural upbringing, I know I will only be at peace in a monogamous setting... not because any other setting is wrong, but it's just so engrained.``

Also just wanna make some connections around here... so what's up, people?! i'm a laid back good hearted guy with a bit of a :devil: edge.

That's all yo... be good.

:yinyang:

TaylorMade
Mar 17, 2007, 1:54 PM
Great opening post that touches on a deep issue which is partially why I came here. After having relationships with guys and girls, I wondered if there was something missing with the way I relate to men. . .and I wondered if it was the kind of man I was relating to. . . so I guess I became bi-guy curious, finally embracing them as an option.

We're all looking for a way to be comfortable in our sexuality. . .and we're here to help one another find it.

:bibounce:

*Taylor*

heyoaktree
Mar 18, 2007, 12:24 AM
I can relate. I love my wife and I love sex with her, But, I constantly crave the male touch. It causes some stress but it can be suppressed. Sex with my wife is extremely satisfying but the satisfaction usually does not last.
My own up bringing says that this is wrong. It is wrong to have extra activities, and it is wrong to desire a man. I tend to rejrct my upbringing. It is something that myself and my wife need to decide together. Fortunatly my wife is ok with bisexuality.

entropy
Mar 18, 2007, 12:41 AM
I think it's hard to be happy unless the person you're with completely understands your sexual needs.

Monosexual people find it hard to believe that your sex life can't be complete with a single person while you're in a relationship, because they just can't dissect your urge to have sex with somebody of the other sex from the urge to have sex with them romantically.

I dated a girl for a year and a half who was bi, and she understood so we had a lot of fun that we both understood. Having also dated straight girls, and gay guys I can say from my experience that they were much less understanding.