PDA

View Full Version : Who else here has a blackberry?? (Question for help nside)

TashaSW
Mar 16, 2007, 1:00 AM
Hi!

I love my blackberry, being deaf and not being able to use a cell phone (I can hear sounds with my cochlear implant on but I can't understand words clearly on a cell) the blackberry comes in handy with its text messaging feature!
Also lets you chat too.

I have "blackberry messenger" and "yahoo messenger" for blackberry.

BUT... can you get a FREE MSN Messenger for blackberries??? Ive looked and looked and every single one I saw you have to pay a fee.
I don't want to pay to use MSN!! Especially when I can use it on my PC for free.

Normally I wouldn't care and just be happy with the 2 I already have on there but I have family/friends that uses MSN only. It would be nice to be able to talk to them on the berry too when Im not at the PC.

Blackberry Messenger only works if the other person has one too. (and I only have 1 contact on there lol)
And Yahoo on there only lets you talk to people with a yahoo addy.

So, can you only get MSN on there if you want to pay? theres no free service??

Tasha

bi-robin-calif
Mar 16, 2007, 1:09 PM
Tasha,

I've looked into it, and it doesn't seem that there is a free version of MSN for Blackberry. However, MSN Messenger is being replaced with Windows Live Messenger. Unofrtunately, the Windows Live Mesenger home page makes no mention of Blackberry.

However, I also Googled "live messenger" + blackberry, and found a ton of links, most of which seem to indicate that since Messenger is still in beta, wireless manufacturers are still holding off about jumping on the bandwagon.

I would suggest that based on the popularity of nstant messaging and the ubiquity of th Blackberry, that Live Messenger will be available--as we say in the computer industry---"real soon now."

noostoo
Mar 16, 2007, 2:00 PM
If microsoft have a blackberry beta version at the moment you might be able to test for them if you drop them a line explaining your situation. Google for "microsoft accessibility" and you might find some nice helpdesk type person to help you.

akeeper
Jun 4, 2007, 10:30 PM
I realize it has been awhile since you posted it but I might be able to help you.
I have a blackberry and I use hotmail messenger.
To get in to it, click on the internet icon.
scroll down to "portals"
click on msn
click messenger.
It seems to workl best if you use the thumbwheel instead of the enter button.
I hope this helps you.