PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me--or are we on edge right now?

12voltman59
Mar 15, 2007, 1:02 PM
I just put up a post in another thread laced with some profanities--for that I do apologize. (the thread is "Ex's are a pain")

I hope what I said there is taken in the spirit of my lame attempt at injecting some humor in a thread---that like many of late--is definitely a downer.

Now, I am not one to shy away from the things going on in our world today and don't believe everything on here should just be "happy-happy bisexual stuff."

What does bug me and I hope that it came through--I really do wonder what is up with the tenor and tone of things going on on the boards here and in chat sometimes in recent days....

We do seem to be a bit testy--I don't know if this is due to the time of year--we are emerging from winter---it has been a tough winter in many places or whether its just the constant drum beat of bad news of things going on in the world-- I don't need to go over that--you all know what I am talking about.

I just hope that we don't let some of the negativity of the "real world" pervade things too much here----this is kind of a refuge of sorts from the crap out in the old nasty world.

Hopefully this is just a bit of rough patch and we will get over it---

Maybe I am just being too sensitive for some reason...I don't know--it just seems to me that there is something in the zeitgeist right now that is a bit negative...

Thoughts, comments, questions???

TorontoGuy2007
Mar 15, 2007, 1:06 PM
for every 10 awesome positive threads, there always seems to be 1 negative one that sorta takes over everyone's attention on here.. whether it is the ex's are a pain thread, or the fat women thread, i think we should do our best to ignore such posts. these people are only on here looking for attention and to stir up trouble, so the best thing we can do is not let them get what they want. lots of better threads on here that are more worthy of our attention..

but yah, could be the time of year, for those of us living thru a long cold winter season, may be a reason for the gloomy mood of many on here..

Tommy2020
Mar 15, 2007, 1:12 PM
Yeah.... I feel so out of place I feel like a sight impaired homosexual at a weiner roast... Maybe it's the water.
Tommy2020 :banghead:

julie
Mar 15, 2007, 3:33 PM
for every 10 awesome positive threads, there always seems to be 1 negative one that sorta takes over everyone's attention on here.. whether it is the ex's are a pain thread, or the fat women thread, i think we should do our best to ignore such posts. these people are only on here looking for attention and to stir up trouble, so the best thing we can do is not let them get what they want. lots of better threads on here that are more worthy of our attention..

i agree TG.. i have learned (the hard way, of course;) ) to resist the temptation to get sucked in to such deliberately nasty and provocative threads... in the past i have been left feeling vulnerable and humiliated, by people, who if i knew in real life probably would not pass the time of day with..

as a parent... i believe the best way to deal with nasty, anti-social, attention seeking behaviour is to simply not dignify it with a response...

:2cents: julie :female:

:grouphug: united we stand...n all that :bigrin:

ghytifrdnr
Mar 16, 2007, 1:28 AM
Yes, it does seem as though some are a little testy just now. My choice has been to stand aside and watch.
But isn't that what trolls are about: stirring the pot just to see the boil. Sadly, it seems that some are too eager to jump in and be suckered. :2cents:

flexuality
Mar 16, 2007, 1:58 AM
Yes, it does seem as though some are a little testy just now. My choice has been to stand aside and watch.
But isn't that what trolls are about: stirring the pot just to see the boil. Sadly, it seems that some are too eager to jump in and be suckered. :2cents:

*please note- this is not aimed at you personally, or anyone else for that matter*

Jump in and be suckered....I guess that's one way of looking at it. If that is what I have done, then so be it. Guess I'm a sucker.

I admit that I do not usually partake of these silly little trolls, but on occasion when they make a personal and very low, nasty attack on me or someone I care about there just comes a time when I feel it is necessary to say "NO, it is not okay to do that".

I even kept my mouth (or hands as the case may be) shut until it was about round three of these attacks that were aimed at me and my husband personally.

I do attempt to not stoop to the level that these trolls seem to enjoy, in that I do my best not to resort to name calling tactics or attacking one's opinions.

They are free to think, feel and believe whatever they choose to. So am I.

So if standing up for what I believe in after being repeatedly attacked personally is considered being suckered, then I am a sucker.

Solomon
Mar 16, 2007, 4:41 AM
Just my two cents, but i agree with Flex, if there's one thing that i've learned with becoming responsible for kids, it's that if they're throwing a tantrum, then totally ignoring them just let's them validate their attitudes and misguidedness to themselves.

But if they're at least acknowledged by sending them to their rooms, or calling them into the office for a chat, then they're much more likely to feel respected, and less likely to continue feeling as though they need to validate themselves, because nobody else will.

if ya'll are offended by my approach, then i'm sorry ya feel that way. i'm not looking to offend or to stress anyone, i'm just not very tolerant of people that i like being attacked for no good reason.

Domino
Mar 16, 2007, 5:22 AM
I am only new to this place, but it all seems like normal banter to me. I mean you cant have all roses there has to be pricks as well.

kitten
Mar 16, 2007, 9:49 AM
There cannot be rainbows without rain and sun.

Lisa (va)
Mar 16, 2007, 1:03 PM
Everyone is an individual that deserves the same right as everone else. Though we may not agree with her / him we don't have an 'obligation' to reply. During the many years I've been visiting this site I've seen some very negative folks appear, it has always come to pass: surely more will come and them too will pass.

Some folks have no other outlet (other than here) to understand, learn and even vent. Among this group of people are those (no names) that upon initial impression seemed arogant and hateful turned out to be some really nice people underneath. Pretty much everyone that has come here to enjoy this site is not the same person he / she was when they first discovered it, myself included, most have progressed and thrived.

Everyone has there own opinions, we do not have to agree, just accept that they are entitiled to their own.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

bi-robin-calif
Mar 16, 2007, 1:36 PM
As I replied in a different thread with a similar topic, it would be so simple if the forum had an "ignore" button that way that chat does.

If I find a post that is rude, intolerant or objectionable, I simply skip past it. It doesn't bother me, it doesn't upset me, for the simple reason that I know that the person who posted it is going to hell when they die, and suffer eternal torment in the lake of fire and brimstone. :bigrin: