PDA

View Full Version : Technology... me fav subject

Solomon
Mar 13, 2007, 11:10 AM
being a fan of tech, i would love to talk about some of the technologies that are coming out and maybe get some ideas on some of the applications and and how ya'll feel about it.

Personally, i believe that the next twenty years are going to be some of the most exciting years to come yet, if it's anything like the last twenty years.

There's going to be games that you'll actually be part of the game without having to 'suit up' for the current vr.

be able to go anywhere in the world and have your favorite dvd's, music files, and all of that just pipelined to your room in your hotel.

the phone's will replace everything in our wallets.

online delivery will happen hourly. ie, how many hours will it take to get something you ordered online vs. how many weeks lol.

and on and on... thoughts? ideas?

ambi53mm
Mar 13, 2007, 9:00 PM
I would love to be able to plug my guitar into a computer and jam realtime. A large HiDef screen with a killer sound system connected to other musicians with the same kind of system. This system would have realtime capability for vocals, percussion, guitars etc.

Ambi :)

flexuality
Mar 14, 2007, 1:46 AM
That sounds kewl ambi :)

I want a fridge that will scan the items in it and suggest what to make for dinner! lol!

Or will keep a running list of what I'm getting low on.

You know how they have keys for some cars that when you put them in, it automatically adjusts the seat, mirrors and radio station for that particular key/person? I want that for the bathtub! Auto set everything for me....all I gotta do is show up! :)

And of course I love computers! :tong:

hmmm...how about a little virtual "me" so I can try on clothes online? and hairstyles! that'd be fun!

Uh on....I could get *dangerous* here! LOL! :tong:

Dear Santech Claus,

I wanna vacuum that vacuums by itself....an a bed that makes itself....an laundry that does itself.....an......on and on.....hehehehe!! :bigrin:

dans94
Mar 14, 2007, 2:57 AM
All I want for Christmas is an Orgasmatron. :eek: ;) :bigrin: :bibounce:

Solomon
Mar 14, 2007, 3:34 AM
Ambi, it sounds like you would be very interested in Internet 2. here's a link, enjoy! :cool:

http://www.internet2.edu/

and college to college connectivity is how the primary internet got started too! :cool: :cool:

lol! they actually do have an orgasmatron! it sounds awsome! might be right up flex's alley for her headaches (they can be screamers!)! :cool: :cool:

http://www.orgasmatron.com.au/

darkeyes
Mar 14, 2007, 4:35 AM
online delivery will happen hourly. ie, how many hours will it take to get something you ordered online vs. how many weeks lol.

and on and on... thoughts? ideas?

Keep flex an me outa shops??? ya selfish swine!!! Can ya try on ya gear on a pc?? Can ya feel it?? smell it?? Can ya wear ya shoes??? Smell ya pongie stuff? Test ya lippie? Can ya annoy men wiv ya laden bags? Can ya get up the noses of salespeeps as ya tries on this an that an the next thing an hav em searchin for summat that is bound ta b eitha outa stock or stuck away in sum nook wer they hav trouble findin?? Can ya hav it..NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Hav yummie lunch in pub an giggle wiv ya m8s wile showin off ya guddies? Wot kinda fun is that??? Wait an hour?? omg..nooooooooooooo!

Wotyas talkin bout Sol is abolishin shoppin expeditions an girls social events... an we not gonna stand for it!!! :tong:

Solomon
Mar 14, 2007, 4:44 AM
here ya go eyes hehehee!!! :bigrin: :bigrin: :bigrin:

http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/25291

flexuality
Mar 14, 2007, 4:48 AM
Keep flex an me outa shops??? ya selfish swine!!! Can ya try on ya gear on a pc?? Can ya feel it?? smell it?? Can ya wear ya shoes??? Smell ya pongie stuff? Test ya lippie? Can ya annoy men wiv ya laden bags? Can ya get up the noses of salespeeps as ya tries on this an that an the next thing an hav em searchin for summat that is bound ta b eitha outa stock or stuck away in sum nook wer they hav trouble findin?? Can ya hav it..NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Hav yummie lunch in pub an giggle wiv ya m8s wile showin off ya guddies? Wot kinda fun is that??? Wait an hour?? omg..nooooooooooooo!

Wotyas talkin bout Sol is abolishin shoppin expeditions an girls social events... an we not gonna stand for it!!! :tong:

We fight back!!! :bigrin: :bigrin:

http://www.tesco.com/

We send him here :)

darkeyes
Mar 14, 2007, 4:57 AM
We fight back!!! :bigrin: :bigrin:

http://www.tesco.com/

We send him here :)

We duz an we makes im pay in blood!!! :bigrin:

Solomon
Mar 14, 2007, 5:08 AM
gave all me blood to the bank! :bigrin: :bigrin:

darkeyes
Mar 14, 2007, 5:31 AM
gave all me blood to the bank! :bigrin: :bigrin:

Don u believe it Sol...plenty for us 2 extract yet!!! mus dash. luff ya. kissies 2 yummie flex. :bigrin:

Solomon
Mar 14, 2007, 11:13 AM
aww.. darkeyes, it's ok, i'm not trying to take shopping away, just presenting a way to extend the shopping experience when the brick'n'mortor stores close!

an besides, they're the ones doing it! not me.... yet! heheheheee! :bigrin: :bigrin:

12voltman59
Mar 14, 2007, 11:55 AM
I recently listed to a very interesting report recently on the radio about how emerging technologies are going to impact human health---some of those things will redefine what it means to be a human being--some of it sort of sounds like "The Borg" from Star Trek because it has to do with nanotechnology.

One theory of that is that say you have a heart attack and part of the heart dies---nanites--very small robots basically, can be injected into the body and sent to target the area of the heart that has been damaged--the nanites will go and repair that damage and become part of the heart. Eventually--as nanite technology progreses--their size will go down to the molecular and sub-molecular levels and they can assist in cell replication which has implications meaning that our bodies and body parts will never wear out--the nanites will basically be little sentient beings and they and we will become a co-dependent species.

There are also other things that are being worked on in terms of the molecular realm that do not involve using robots, but the ability to manipulate processes at the cellular level to prevent aging and deterioation.

Stem cell research, if successful, will allow for doctors to grow us new organs when those wear out as well.

In terms of technology and war---at one of the military's technological research centers--they are working on developing a suit that soldiers would fit into that would basically become a self-contained world--in terms of sensing what is going on around them---in their helmets they wear, there would be provided real time information about the battlefield--where they are in relation to other soliders and things like tanks, artillery, aircraft, etc. The soldier's viewer would provide multiple ways of vision including things like FLIR and night vision, so he or she could operate at night or in other low visibility conditions---many of these things are already being done or are under development for upcoming deployment.

The suit would be heated or cooled as needed, and it would even have its own waste disposal system and provide nutrition to the soldier as needed.

The solider would sort of be wired into the suit while in the thing---so he or she would sort of be a Borg-like being--a mixture of man and machine.

Of course--it would also be armored to protect the solider against many bullets and such and the strength of the soldier would be augmented by the musculature of the suit itself, so the physical strength of the solider would be increased dramatically.

This all may be good or it may be bad---guess it depends on your perspective...

It's all "vvvvvvvveeerrrrrrrrry interesting!!!"

Solomon
Mar 14, 2007, 2:58 PM
those technologies are fascinating as well. i'm not sure that i would call myself a co-dependant on the nanites, but i think it's definately fascinating that they would theoretically replicate, and virtually repair any part of the human body, or any machines or buildings etc... without the need for tearing everything apart to get at the faulty part in question! I think is kinda scary though, like what if they get bad programming or run into a virus that sends'em on a rampage. that could be a very bad day! :eek:

the military is definately suiting up so to speak (they always get the best toys first geeez)! we watched documentaries on these techs, and the assortment of weaponry that's going to be available would create a human tank! I've also heard talk of a company that has r&d'd a suit that would give an incredible amount of strength to anyone inside of the suit.

the speed at which this is all happening is just dizzying! lol! is awsome!

darkeyes
Mar 14, 2007, 3:48 PM
aww.. darkeyes, it's ok, i'm not trying to take shopping away, just presenting a way to extend the shopping experience when the brick'n'mortor stores close!

an besides, they're the ones doing it! not me.... yet! heheheheee! :bigrin: :bigrin:

An now ya wanna intrude in the time we goes out an wears the yummie new kit??? Sumtimes me wondas how the male thought process works..or duz it? tee hee :tong: :bigrin:

Solomon
Mar 14, 2007, 3:58 PM
intrude on that??? moi??? never! i luff seeing ya'll dressed in your new spiffy's! don't blame me! i'm just a messenger! hehehee!!

Tommy2020
Mar 14, 2007, 5:12 PM
An now ya wanna intrude in the time we goes out an wears the yummie new kit??? Sumtimes me wondas how the male thought process works..or duz it? tee hee :tong: :bigrin:

Male thought process.... ? Is that sometimes considered an oxymoron ? Some of the troll's stuff I have seen of late, it would seem that there is no such thing as, 'male thought process' unless it was an oxymoron..

Tommy2020 :banghead:

darkeyes
Mar 14, 2007, 5:52 PM
intrude on that??? moi??? never! i luff seeing ya'll dressed in your new spiffy's! don't blame me! i'm just a messenger! hehehee!! Wiv messages like that me shoots the messenger an then finds the sender! :tong:

flexuality
Mar 14, 2007, 7:29 PM
Male thought process.... ? Is that sometimes considered an oxymoron ? Some of the troll's stuff I have seen of late, it would seem that there is no such thing as, 'male thought process' unless it was an oxymoron..

Tommy2020 :banghead:

which troll you talkin 'bout???

Solomon
Mar 15, 2007, 6:11 AM
Wiv messages like that me shoots the messenger an then finds the sender! :tong:

Put's on kevlar suit. :bigrin: :tong: