PDA

View Full Version : The L Word.... Showcase.... a favor....

TashaSW
Mar 10, 2007, 1:09 AM
I want to email SHOWCASE network but thier site is USA only and Im in canada so it won't let me on thier site.

I have all 3 seasons of "THE L WORD" on dvd.
PROBLEM.... they say CC (closed captioned) on the back... when you go to turn it on, your only given French and Spanish subtitles... there is a white text that says its already CC'ed for the hearing impaired.

So I watch the episode... they are talking... but NO CC is showing.
I checked, my CC is on... so it should be showing..... I even put in another dvd I knew was CC to see if it worked and it did.

So WHY did L Word say CC when its not?!?!
Im really pissed... those season dvds are NOT CHEAP lol its like 75.00 +tax (for 1 season) in Canada. I want to write to SHOWCASE (the offical network for the show) to ask them why its saying its CC when its not.

I haven't checked season 2 and 3 about the CC cause Im scared lol same prices.

Soooooooooo
Can one of my dear USA friends on here please email showcase and ask them about this?? lol

If you own a copy of season 1 DVDs... does it do anything for you? is my copy faulty perhaps??

HEEEEEEEEELP :)
I need the closed caption to know what they are saying.... sometimes I can just read thier lips or tell by body actions what they say but its hard since they all don't always speak clearly and some are fast speakers.

From a ticked off canadian - deaf viewer!!!!

meteast chick
Mar 10, 2007, 1:13 AM
Tasha, I'd be pissed too, but I thought it was ShowTIME network.??...

Good luck with that one...

luv and kises,
xoxoxoxoxox
meteast

TashaSW
Mar 10, 2007, 1:19 AM
Ya!! SHOWTIME !!! lol thanks for the correction... you can tell how pissed I am for making a typo :)

wildangel
Mar 10, 2007, 10:26 AM
I have trouble hearing and I watch everything with the CC on. It's easier for me to read than to strain to understand what they're saying.

My sister and I have Seasons 1 and 3. I had no problems with the CC.

I posted a link below for the Customer Service. I hope it is helpful!

Showtime Customer Service (http://shop.fullpond.com/show/consumerhelp.aspx?catalogid=10&callcenter=)

TashaSW
Mar 10, 2007, 1:18 PM
I have trouble hearing and I watch everything with the CC on. It's easier for me to read than to strain to understand what they're saying.

My sister and I have Seasons 1 and 3. I had no problems with the CC.

I posted a link below for the Customer Service. I hope it is helpful!

Showtime Customer Service (http://shop.fullpond.com/show/consumerhelp.aspx?catalogid=10&callcenter=)

Wildangel.... Season 1 worked for you with the CC?? Then mine must be a faulty copy then. Ummm thanks for the link :) gonna check that out. Did you do anything to turn it on/off or should it just apper the minute the actresses start talking?

Tasha

GreenEyedLady(GEL)
Mar 10, 2007, 5:56 PM
Hey Tasha :)
I hope you are able to get your CC copies, I am a HUGE fan of the L word. Fair warning season 3 is a total tear jerker. I cried like a baby. Season 4 is on now and I catch it where I can, but its much different. ( bites tongue to not give any details ) Im hoping that the writers arnt starting to run out of ideas for shows already. :banghead: . Lots of changes in the lives of these women already and im not real pleased. But im still watching it :rainbow:

dans94
Mar 10, 2007, 6:09 PM
Hi Tasha, you said you set up for cc but did you set the dvd up for cc in the specials or setup section? I'm just saying that because, for some reason, I got the impression you set your tv up for cc. Good luck.

TashaSW
Mar 10, 2007, 7:24 PM
Hey Tasha :)
I hope you are able to get your CC copies, I am a HUGE fan of the L word. Fair warning season 3 is a total tear jerker. I cried like a baby. Season 4 is on now and I catch it where I can, but its much different. ( bites tongue to not give any details ) Im hoping that the writers arnt starting to run out of ideas for shows already. :banghead: . Lots of changes in the lives of these women already and im not real pleased. But im still watching it :rainbow:

I saw Season 3 when it aired and also have the DVDs.... I know... I HATE that they got rid of my favortie char!!! *sniffles* Hmph. Now I have to pick a new one lol
Im watching Season 4 and its good. Im happy they included a deaf char. Its interesting :) My friend has met Marlene Maltin in Real Life and said Marlene is NOT a nice person. (Rude and snotty was Heather's words)
I remember seeing Marlene in "Children of a lesser God" she looks the same. Older but the same.

No, I emailed the site's customer support that WildAngel linked but have heard nothing back... still trying to figure out.. Other DVDs are playing it fine after I click the "english subtitle" in the subtitles/lanaguage box.

On Season 1 L Word it doesn't give you a English option.. there is text thats says its already CC'ed for the hearing impaired but IM NOT SEEING ANYTHING lol The charcters are talking..... no cc down on the screen.

Im fusterated. Annoyed and in a moody mood. :) lol

Tasha

TashaSW
Mar 10, 2007, 7:27 PM
Hi Tasha, you said you set up for cc but did you set the dvd up for cc in the specials or setup section? I'm just saying that because, for some reason, I got the impression you set your tv up for cc. Good luck.

Dans.... As I said above... Other DVDs are playing it fine after I click the "english subtitle" in the subtitles/lanaguage box.

On Season 1 L Word it doesn't give you a English option.. there is text thats says its already CC'ed for the hearing impaired but IM NOT SEEING ANYTHING lol The charcters are talking..... no cc down on the screen.

I ALWAYS set up the DVD to turn on the Caption (or english subtitles) - have to or I get bored cause I can't understand what they are saying... but Season 1 is saying its already on there so you can't choose CC or english subs.