PDA

View Full Version : Hello From London UK

rupertbare
Mar 5, 2007, 8:00 AM
Happy New Year to you all!!!

Just to say hi and that i have managed to get through the winter alive!!
At long last things are beginning, ever so slowly, to turn around and my mental health is at last beginning to improve.

For some horrid reason the PC I am using (linked to a remote central servor) won't allow me to enter the Chat room, a real pain the butt, but there we are.

Hope all my old friends are well, have missed you all.

Love and Peace,

Ron

onewhocares
Mar 5, 2007, 8:17 AM
Hello Rupe,

Wonderful to hear from you. I think about you often and am glad to hear that things are looking up for you. Keep in touch which ever way works best.

All the best for the coming spring,

Belle

sammie19
Mar 5, 2007, 9:01 AM
Hiya Rupe. Its luvly to see you have made it and are on the mend. Take care Rupe and get your chat thing sorted. luv.

curious married m
Mar 5, 2007, 9:30 AM
Rupe , Good to here things are on the mend. Hope your daughter is still there keeping ya moving forward. It is a long slow road but just take it slow and easy. CMM

12voltman59
Mar 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
Welcome back to the site Rupert--glad to hear things are improving for you.

As far as your chat room problem is concerned-I had that problem for a time too but it somehow corrected itself--perhaps yours will as well.

mistymockingbird
Mar 5, 2007, 11:58 AM
Rupe its wonderful to know that you are making progress. You are loved and missed. Take care of yourself and send messages whenever you can.

arana
Mar 5, 2007, 3:27 PM
((((((((((((((((( Ron!!! )))))))))))))))))))))) it's so wonderful to see your post and hear (at last) that you are still there and on the mend. Hope to see you soon. Take care and never give up Sweetie! We miss you!

julie
Mar 5, 2007, 3:44 PM
Hello darling Rupe!

so good to see you back here.... we've both sailed some stormy waters since last time we spoke.... and we've both lived to tell the tale :cool:

huge hugs and welcome home eh

love julie :female: xxx

csrakate
Mar 5, 2007, 3:58 PM
((((((((((Rupe)))))))))))

So good to hear from you again!!! We've missed you so much! Hope you are taking the time for yourself as you should...we'll all be here when you get back!!

HUGS!
Kate

sexybicplinwv
Mar 5, 2007, 4:11 PM
Hello!!! We have not meet each other. Its good to hear that you here feeling better ;) So take care stay in good sprits if you can :tongue: All be the way (((Happy New Year))) to you. (((Always be true to yourself))) :female: :bipride:

meteast chick
Mar 5, 2007, 5:42 PM
((((((((((((((((RUPE!!!)))))))))))))))))

LTNS! Oh so glad to see ur still alive my friend! Thanks for keeping us up to date, we'll be hanging off the edge of our chairs for whatever is next.

Yes, hoping your daughter is still the support you need, or more, that things start looking up for you. We all know things have been hard, but only you know the reality of the situation.

Keep your head up and remember, we're here for you my friend,

:grouphug:
luv and american kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
meteast

texasman6172003
Mar 5, 2007, 5:58 PM
Hi Ruppert,i am glad you are doing so well. Is good your daughter is being there for you also. Well come back when you can,as Kate said we will be here...

rayosytruenos
Mar 5, 2007, 7:30 PM
Happy New Year to you all!!! [...] Ron Hi, Rupert!

These last days I was wondering myself if I should post a message here to see if somebody had heard from you lately, and here you are posting yourself with some news.

Glad to hear from you!!! On another side of things, I'm getting a bit worried, it's about the 3rd coincidence in more or less 2 weeks to happen. I'll explain... I've spoken about something or think about somebody and then suddenly, at the following day or in a couple of days, there has been a documentary on tv or heard from that person, as it has happened with you now.

Three coincidences in such short amount of time amaze me... Am I getting psychic or something? :rolleyes: :bigrin: :bibounce:

All the best, Ron,

ray

codybear3
Mar 5, 2007, 8:14 PM
Hello Rupe...Glad to hear you are doing better...Take your time getting it together...Happy Belated New Years to you, too...Hope to see you here on a daily basis soon...You have been greatly missed by all your family here...Take care, Rupe...Love and Peace to you too, old friend... :paw: :paw:

macylyn
Mar 5, 2007, 11:32 PM
Hello again Ron! I don't get on the site much anymore, but was SO GLAD to hear that things are getting better for you!!! You are in my thoughts and prayers ALWAYS! Take care my wonderful friend! You are missed by all!

((((((((((((())))))))))))

Macy :angel:

rupertbare
Mar 6, 2007, 6:46 AM
Gosh, I really wasn't sure if I'd get any resposnse....how wrong can a guy be!!!????

Ray........I think it's what is know as synchronicity.........all is in touch with all.....only we normally filter it all out. It's that thing of thinking around telephoning some-one and the phone rings and it's them. I've had it all my life..fairly nice thing to have really.

To everyone else (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))) and I missed you too!!!!!!!!! :)

Have been in one-to-one counselling for eight months now and am slowly becoming the person I was meant to be. Trouble of self loathing, low self image, fear of rejection yet feeling unloveable and unlikeable and a total lack of self worth all DID stem from an incident when I was about three years of age. For those who unstand....am doing a lot of work on the "inner family", the child has almost gone from control and the adult is maturing nicely, just the inner parent bit I'm still having trouble with!!!! :)

Am now in paid employment with MiND (UK's largest Mental health Charity) facilitating three groups.....Creative Writting; Music and Poetry Appreciation and lastly a Sunday afternoon time for playing board games with those that use the Drop In service. These are all new services, so that's nice. Also nice to have a desk, PC and place to hang a hat again!!!

The divorce will be over sometime this month. My wife and I are talking again now, slowly, maybe a little timidly, but have now reached the same level in that period following a breakdown in a long term relationship. Still haven't seen my kids but can write to them. The injunction has now expired so am free to go where I wish to again, which is great.

Am still in "Supported Housing" which is OK for now, has become a "home" to me, and am forever buying things for my "bottom drawer" (does that translate into US usage...tables, cups, cushions, rugs etc.)

Will stay in touch via the Forum boards until I can get into chat...was always such a scream in there! :)

So........life goes on. Feel guilty that I am making a life for myself that doesn't include my wife or the youngerst two children but hopefully that will change in time.

My eldest daughter is doing fine...now in the last year of her degree and the roles are now more natural. Father and daughter. Rather than broken man and a kid keeping him from drowning.

Well all for now, dear friends,

Peace and Love, God Bless you all

Ron :cool:

julie
Mar 6, 2007, 7:18 AM
...sounds good Ron.....

u have made such amazing progress from the broken man we all so helplessly watched as your life unravelled so dramatically last year.

i'm so relieved to know your life is getting back on track once more... though sad for your continued lack of physical contact with your younger children.. maybe one day eh?

there are a few very supportive community threads in the forum you may find useful to look through just now..? these focus on childhood events and how they have shaped lives...both positively, negatively and all those emotions inbetween....... 'still awkward with guys' and 'is it incest if adopted?' have made a big impact on me... solomon and tasha sw started these particuar threads but there are many more that could well touch you deeply in your own journey dear rupe.

huge hugs to you sweet precious man...

your fellow friendly psyche case :crosseye:

julie :female: xxx

Mrs.F
Mar 6, 2007, 8:41 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Ron)))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Finally, some news from you. I am soooooooo happy to hear that your doing better. Such a relief! Am so proud of you for doing all you have to take care of yourself and move on in life. You will one day again be with your children and of-course you are a wonderful father and always will be!!!! :bigrin:

Take care sweetie and know we love you!

hugs to you.....Mrs.F :angel:

macylyn
Mar 7, 2007, 9:18 PM
Hi Rupe! Was good hearing about what is going on with your life! Am so proud of you and miss our chats. Thanking God again that things are looking up for you. Someday, you'll get to see the kids again. Take care of YOU first of all!

Looking forward to hearing more about what is going on in your life!

Hugs,

Macy :bipride:

onewhocares
Mar 8, 2007, 4:10 AM
RUPE,

It is SO wonderful to hear all the progress you have made in the last months. Each day you learn something new, and it is one more step toward the future. I am SO proud of you. I am glad that Sarah is doing well too. Keep us up to date, dear friend.

Belle

Nara_lovely
Mar 8, 2007, 8:09 PM
G'day Rupe!!!!!!

Wonderful news from you. Thankyou for letting 'us here' know how everything is going. The replies show that you are still very special.

On ya, Mate!!!