PDA

View Full Version : Penile Portraiture

biwords
Mar 4, 2007, 9:17 PM
Far be it from me to slam something that others enjoy, but I just can't wrap my mind around the practice of including erect-cock shots in profiles, sometimes to the exclusion of any other pictures. I would be interested to know whether any members (sorry, the word is unavoidable) have ever been more inclined to respond to a personal ad because of a cock shot. Have any been less inclined to respond to an ad for the same reason?

I may be reading this wrongly, and I'm willing to be corrected, but to me there's something kinda sad when someone puts forward their erection as a chief selling point. I envy the culture (I guess it's a kind of ANTI-penis-envy :) ) of the women on this site, whose ads don't wave frothing vulvae in your face but concentrate on the stuff that really matters. Not that I have anything against frothing vulvae, God knows, but as Miss Manners would say, there's a time and a place for everything.

None of this is meant to suggest that the guys who use these photos aren't sensitive and lovable, and I'm sure I'd enjoy toying or more than toying with the equipment in question in a liesurely way, in front of the fireplace, a glass of wine in hand. I'd just leave my camera at home.

DiamondDog
Mar 4, 2007, 10:15 PM
nothing against you personally; but this topic has been covered here a billion times before and it gets posted about every other week.

Some women here do show off their vaginas but IMO they're the type that shouldn't be showing off their bodies if you catch my drift...

trip1
Mar 4, 2007, 10:44 PM
Drew watch out there trying to take over again LOL

Fire Lotus
Mar 4, 2007, 10:53 PM
Hasn't this dead horse been beaten enough?

biwords
Mar 5, 2007, 12:00 AM
Having just joined, I didn't even know the horse was dead, much less beaten. IMHO, it's a good thing to show patience with newcomers...

hardnwolf
Mar 5, 2007, 12:43 AM
New topic to me and patience is a good thing. My pics were taken by a pro and look really good and include a face, just sex organ pics, badly taken are a turn-off, but if a profile doesn't include cock or twat it's kinda disappointing and posting a pic of one's sex is liberating and part of comin out

flexuality
Mar 5, 2007, 1:53 AM
, but if a profile doesn't include cock or twat it's kinda disappointing and posting a pic of one's sex is liberating and part of comin out

I might "show my bits" TO friends, but I have never had to show them to MAKE friends before....

If that is a prerequisite for friendship, then it's probably not the kind of friend I want (personally)....saves everyone some time and confusion.

Just my opinion.

Fire Lotus
Mar 5, 2007, 2:46 AM
Having just joined, I didn't even know the horse was dead, much less beaten. IMHO, it's a good thing to show patience with newcomers...

First let me say I'm sorry. I did not know you were new. If you look a little ways back, in the forum threads, you will see this topic brought up on more than one occasion, with many responses.

Krystal
Mar 5, 2007, 8:06 AM
Some women here do show off their vaginas but IMO they're the type that shouldn't be showing off their bodies if you catch my drift...

I'm also new but my point isn't to be whether or not people should or shouldn't post pics of penises in their profiles....(but i do agree people shouldnt have to feel that they HAVE to in order to get responses....but in my (possibly sad and niave opinion) EVERYONE should feel they can show their bodies ...EVERYONE should be proud of the body they have for they are alive and well ...i don't feel ANYONE should be made to feel that they SHOULDN't show their bodies for whatever reason....
If society is asked to accept gay/ lesbian/ bisexuals.....they why do they still refuse to accept people have different body types and what appeals to some may not appeal to others......
that is really moe of a statement of my opinion not a debate or a question that needs answering ...i'm not trying to get on anyones nerves

trip1
Mar 5, 2007, 8:23 AM
Very well said Krystal.

Michael623
Mar 5, 2007, 9:29 AM
You can search the forum for topics previously discussed before starting a new. Great idea if you are new. This isn't the only repeated topic, one of many.

12voltman59
Mar 5, 2007, 1:25 PM
I think that we have asked Drew for some kind of way to sort things by subject or at least have a way to search for titles--there might be some expense for Drew's tech people in one sense because they would have to generate a page with subjects listed but it would overall save them the expense of having server storage filled with repeated threads.

It is a bit trying for me to go back to look up some past subject when I know what I am looking for--I cannot imgine or expect someone new to the site to spend literally hours going over past thread subjects.

We can't go dissing new folks for not knowing about stuff in the past---

Since this is a repeat thread--I have commented on the subject when it came up in the past---I don't have any problem with people doing that--but I do kinda wish that there was some sort of way to not have the pics come up automatically---that is for folks with kids, or friends or family you don't want seeing such pics or when you are sitting in the library using their computers or you have your laptop and are chatting here while in a public place.

I had some periods when I had computer meltdowns and had them in the shop or was bereft of a computer for a time-I used the library for computer access--they did not want me to come to this site not so much for the content or subject matter but because of the pictures people have on their profiles--they must be able to monitor what you have on because if I clicked on a profile with a nude pic--a message came up on the screen and one of the library staff came over and told me I either had to get off the site immediately or get off the computer and leave the library.

kitten
Mar 5, 2007, 5:08 PM
Yes, libraries have a monitoring device that alerts when "innappropriate subject matter" is viewed on their internet conections. Mainly to monitor children. My sister is a school librarian and catches middle schoolers repeatedly trying to sneak into websites that are not appropriate for that age and setting.

Thanks, biwords, for feeling comfortable enough here to speak your mind.
Welcome to Bisexual.com as of last month!
I enjoyed speaking with you in chat on Sunday. It was such a pleasure to truly discuss our sexuality and get to know one another and others in the main room. Hope to have more discussion and shared knowledge soon.

trip1
Mar 5, 2007, 5:42 PM
Warning Warning cock pic

biwords
Mar 5, 2007, 5:54 PM
Funny, trip1! I admit I've always had a thing for guys who know how to handle their hardware. But if I remember right, your profile photo left nothing to the imagination on that score...

trip1
Mar 5, 2007, 5:57 PM
Funny, trip1! I admit I've always had a thing for guys who know how to handle their hardware. But if I remember right, your profile photo left nothing to the imagination on that score...

Nope and I'm proud of it to.....

codybear3
Mar 5, 2007, 8:19 PM
Warning Warning cock pic

Ooohhhh....I like a clean shiny lookin' cock... :paw: :paw:

12voltman59
Mar 5, 2007, 8:58 PM
y'all are too much!!!!!!! :cool: :tong: :tongue: ;) :bigrin: :) :male: :rolleyes: :smilies15 :smilies15 :bounce: :bounce:

but that's my name!!
Mar 5, 2007, 9:21 PM
IMO? IMHO? I have no idea what these mean, anyone care to enlighten me?
While I'm glad we have the freedom here to add these pictures I am put off when the ONLY pictures are of cock or twot.

'Tis nice to see a profile which has actually been filled in, maybe even with a few portrait pics. Cock and twot pics are good too, but not on their own.

nothings5d
Mar 5, 2007, 10:17 PM
IMO? IMHO? I have no idea what these mean, anyone care to enlighten me?
IMO = In My Opinion
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion

countfellatio
Mar 5, 2007, 10:37 PM
I am newly out and for those of us who are just now allowing ourselves to

feel our real libido comes a raging intense lustful desire for a cock.

I have noooooo problem with "Penile Portraiture" ROTFL.................

Just be real and you'll be just fine...............................

who cares about the rest of the sordid details.

Blvlguy
Mar 5, 2007, 10:41 PM
I don't know about anyone else but I like to see what I am getting. SO I like to see a face and a cock. :-)

biwords
Mar 5, 2007, 10:43 PM
Count Fellatio! I've always wanted to meet you. I've heard so many people say, "He's going down for the count". And now you're here! Welcome.

but that's my name!!
Mar 5, 2007, 10:46 PM
Thank you :)

orangecrush
Mar 6, 2007, 3:05 AM
Let me first say that this post was worth reading just for the words "frothing vulvae". Bravo!

Other than that, I'd have to admit that -as a woman- I have absolutely no problem seeing a couple erect penis shots in a guy's profile.

As a culture, we use bra size as a shorthand way of describing breast size, and it's fairly accurate. Say 38C or 44DDD and most people can picture them pretty easily. (I've got those two pair in my mind's eye right now, in fact. lol)

But as for cocks, inches just doesn't give the full picture, if you get my drift. There are too many variables such as length, girth, curve, lean, head size and shape, and whether a guy is cut or uncut, shaved or not. I'd like to see the real thing, personally.

Besides, it's fun.

One thing to keep in mind though, -you lovely, naughty men- is that while a picture is worth a thousand words, more than two cock shots in a profile (especially without text or photos of your face) makes you look like a self centered prick.

Best Wishes,
Heather

Long Duck Dong
Mar 6, 2007, 7:12 AM
lol, I love cock shots.... i look at them and think * yep got one of my own.... and tho its a upstanding quality of me....I wanna be seen as more than just a dick * ( sarcasm intended )

seeing a cock shot, does nothing for me.......its just a person showing off their privates in a forum.....and while others think that its just the best thing since sliced bread..... i just kinda sit there and think * is the person a prick with a dick or a dick with a prick *

I have to admit that I am a person that values intelligent conversation.....it adore it...mainly cos intelligent people are harder to find than a erect penis...
lol... sure bisexual.com is part sex site..... and many people come here for the chance to cyber and get laid....but it annoys me no end when people can't understand that, for me, there is a time and place for playing around, and talking intelligently....

like a lot of people, I come to bisexual.com to relax and enjoy posting, reading and chatting...and lucky for me, I can think with my brain and not my dick....so i don't go into the chatroom and think that everybody in there, needs to have me pming them cos i have the need to be my rocks off, and fuck their desire for intelligent chatting or their right to be left alone .....
sadly many people are self obsessed with their dick and their desire to cum, that their penis is often the only head on their body that gets used to any extent

lol so I don't worry about cock shots.... lol...... and people that get shitty cos i am not falling in love with their cock, need to realise that they haven't impressed me with their cock..... its their ignorance that really impresses me

Solomon
Mar 6, 2007, 4:10 PM
I have heard it said in documentaries that throughout history the artform of the penis has actually become a society shunned thing more and more probably as a result of organized religion colluding with the government and the wealthy to keep the peasants under control.

When they dig up archeological sites, such as ancient Rome and etc... they find alot of statues and artwork that depicts the wonderful male member. However, there are numerous phallic symbols that do appear all around us, like the tie for example, and the washington monument.

There is speculation that the reason the phallic symbols became so hidden and taboo over time is that it tends to give the males of society a bit of power (which I believe is more of a position of defensiveness) to have the women much more exposed than the men.

The flip side according to theory would be also that men also are much more unknown and foriegn.... not a good thing considering that women really love men who can be more transparent mostly emotionally.

Since we do tend to dress emotionally, I think it would stand to reason that the more covered we are the more hidden we are also, and to leave the men in a position of hiding and defensiveness, with the women being much more socially acceptable as being vulnerabley exposed would clearly be an imbalance in the nature of men and women IMHO.

I'm simply wondering of the possibility that this is a site for people to become ok with themselves, and many feel that for whatever reasons it's simply not safe for them to have pictures of their faces online, however what they can expose would be their obvious historical male dominance.

So perhaps the ones that only post the pics of their penises are actually doing so as a gesture of "here I am, I'm exposed" vs. "here I am, cum get me" sorta thing. 'course it could be both, and it could be that i have no clue as to what i'm talking about, but i had a half hour to kill so there ya go :cool: :cool:

yoyo4u
Mar 6, 2007, 4:43 PM
One thing to keep in mind though, -you lovely, naughty men- is that while a picture is worth a thousand words, more than two cock shots in a profile (especially without text or photos of your face) makes you look like a self centered prick.

Best Wishes,
Heather

Hi Heather baby :tongue:

It was fun reading your post.

One thing you don't talk about, so let me ask:
What do you think of the profiles of the naughty men, who write (almost 1,000 words) yet don't include cock-shots?

I just wanna make sure I don't make a mistake here ;)

yoyo

Sapphrodite
Mar 7, 2007, 12:31 AM
Hopefully newbies will find this helpful... I've compiled the previous threads on the topic of Profile Pics for anyone who's missed it (click on the links below to jump to the thread):

Why must people put pictures of their *ahem* Personal areas on profiles? (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2353&highlight=profile)

Profile Critique (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2433&highlight=profile)

? Pictures (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2195&highlight=profile)

An Idea regarding Adult Profile Pictures (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1287&highlight=profile)

Y all the penises!!! (http://main.bisexual.com/forum/showthread.php?t=881&highlight=profile)

My suggestion is that if you are not thrilled with the way something works on a website, the best thing to do it contact the webmaster with a suggestion of how to fix it. I've found they are usually pretty nice people :tong:

Sapphy

darkeyes
Mar 7, 2007, 3:48 AM
Willie pics me jus finds a giggle..not a turn on. Quite the opposite. An me don mind em...in the flesh! Mayb its different for guys, but far as me is concerned wud neva act on sumthin so silly! An cum on guys...yas dus look daft... tee hee :bigrin: :tong: