PDA

View Full Version : Feelings different for men & women

funkycat36
Mar 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
Hi, I am only just accepting that I am bi (after having lived as a lesbian for 10 years) and I am curious to get others views and experiences.

Does anyone else find that they feel different things for men and women?

For me I can feel really turned on by images/fantasies of men but I don't feel anything emotionally. With women I feel intense emotion and love and then the sexual feelings follow. I do get turned on just by erotic thoughts and images of women but it depends on the woman - I seem to be much more choosy with women.

biwords
Mar 2, 2007, 12:41 PM
Being a bi guy (emphasis on 'guy'), I can get turned on by images of men or women. But there's no question that my feelings are different in each case.
With men I'm attracted to I am quite submissive and though I'm not effeminate, I suppose that my 'female side' has a good time indulging herself.

With women I am certainly not submissive; I suspect I'm just not comfortable being so, though cultural conditioning may also be at work. I wouldn't know, since I've never been with a woman who was turned on by taking the lead.

While like everyone else I enjoy my orgasms [DUH! :)], with both sexes I put pleasing the other person first (so long as safety isn't seriously compromised). That has nothing to do with self-image; I just find it deeply fulfilling to give pleasure. Have actually only had one sexual relationship with a guy so far, and on that limited basis suspect that in that context, making me come may require a little patience. But who wants to rush things anyway?

I too am very interested in hearing what others have to say on this subject.

warmpuppy
Mar 2, 2007, 12:46 PM
I have always been able to form intense relationships with women, but for the most part my attraction to men is purely sexual. Having said that, I love being romantic with another guy, i.e., hugging, kissing, touching, etc.

Go figger. <sigh>

biwords
Mar 2, 2007, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=warmpuppy] I love being romantic with another guy, i.e., hugging, kissing, touching, etc.

Proving Charles Schultz's statement that happiness is indeed a warm puppy! Always knew I should have visited Maryland (sigh).....

Lisa (va)
Mar 2, 2007, 2:33 PM
Oddball that I am, I will take the opposite side of this in that I find no difference in loving a woman versus a man. Though the physical mechanics of making love change from women to men, for me the feelings are the same. Sex is a natural way of sharing, I tend to think of people in terms of their mind and personality than their genitalia.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

biwords
Mar 2, 2007, 2:57 PM
Lisa, you are hardly taking the "opposite side" in saying that you care about people rather than just their genitalia! I mean, really!

yoyo4u
Mar 2, 2007, 3:02 PM
Being a bi guy (emphasis on 'guy'), I can get turned on by images of men or women. But there's no question that my feelings are different in each case.
With men I'm attracted to I am quite submissive and though I'm not effeminate, I suppose that my 'female side' has a good time indulging herself.

With women I am certainly not submissive; I suspect I'm just not comfortable being so, though cultural conditioning may also be at work. I wouldn't know, since I've never been with a woman who was turned on by taking the lead.

While like everyone else I enjoy my orgasms [DUH! :)], with both sexes I put pleasing the other person first (so long as safety isn't seriously compromised). That has nothing to do with self-image; I just find it deeply fulfilling to give pleasure. Have actually only had one sexual relationship with a guy so far, and on that limited basis suspect that in that context, making me come may require a little patience. But who wants to rush things anyway?

I too am very interested in hearing what others have to say on this subject.

That's what I was going to say! Scary!!! :eek:

I couldn't have said any better and I wonder how many guys feel similar, if not the exact same way?

Thanks for saving me from all this typing :)

yoyo

Domino
Mar 2, 2007, 6:31 PM
My feeling toward men and woman are totally different. For woman it is totally sexual, I just want to get it on with her because I think she is hot, there is not much of an emmotional connection there.

Men I like for relationships and sex, if I had to choose I would always go for the man.