PDA

View Full Version : Relationship Goes Bad

mcliff128
Mar 1, 2007, 3:25 AM
I just ended what I thought was going to be a relationship that would last a lifetime. I found out my lover was cheating on me. He said it was something that just happened, but I know better. Right now I'm going to take some time to collect myself. Even thou this was my first serious relationship with a man, I know when i'm ready again I want it to be a man. I realize this probably makes me gay instead of bi as of right now I have no interest in women at all. I just hope you all will still expect me as I am.

darkeyes
Mar 1, 2007, 4:11 AM
Gay bi str8...dusnt matta babes...wot mattas is that u r yaself an comfy wiv it...

thinman521
Mar 1, 2007, 4:12 AM
I used to feel the same way you do about cheating but since I have got older I changed my outlook. If someone wants to cheat
If they (we) talk about it first it should be OK. bob :2cents:

orangecrush
Mar 1, 2007, 4:37 AM
"I used to feel the same way you do about cheating but since I have got older I changed my outlook. If someone wants to cheat
If they (we) talk about it first it should be OK. bob"

While I agree that monogamy isn't essential to a healthy relationship, I think honesty is a must.

Cheating is such a problem in relationships because it is an indicator of unhealthy addictions to things such as the rush of sneaking around and lying. Like many abusive sexual behaviors, it's not mostly about the actual sex at all, but more about powertrips and games played at the expense of others.

This lying also denotes a huge lack of respect for one's partner.

I say good for you that you refused to put up with it. I would also warn (from personal experience) that unless you take steps to find out what has drawn you to this individual, you may find yourself repeating the cycle.

Best wishes on your future.

:nrrdgrrl: Heather

Tommy2020
Mar 1, 2007, 9:56 AM
I used to feel the same way you do about cheating but since I have got older I changed my outlook. If someone wants to cheat
If they (we) talk about it first it should be OK. bob :2cents:

Mccliff,
I couldn't agree more with Thinman... I am older and my current male friend is also a member of a gay nudist club in Austin. It doesn't bother me in the least that he attends the monthly orgies and tells me about the sessions there. YOU will also get over this and quit labeling yourself.
We are what we are.
((((((((((((((((( Mccliff))))))))))))))))
Tommy2020

julie
Mar 1, 2007, 10:30 AM
Right now I'm going to take some time to collect myself. Even thou this was my first serious relationship with a man, I know when i'm ready again I want it to be a man. I realize this probably makes me gay instead of bi as of right now I have no interest in women at all. I just hope you all will still expect me as I am.

So sorry you have had a difficult experience mcliff... good on you for taking time out to collect yourself though.

regards the labels.. i truly hope we are above labels here?! darkeyes and co seem to be anyway...

to me you are mcliff, exploring your gay side just now :tong: enjoy boy! life is tough enough without creating extra anxieties for ourselves.

love julie :female: x