PDA

View Full Version : Why do ppl still hate

sexybicplinwv
Feb 22, 2007, 7:42 PM
I wonder if ppl well always hate other ppl. You would think things would have changed by now but i guess not. It sadd me about this. I hope some day we can enjoy each other sprit. :female: :bipride: :male:

12voltman59
Feb 22, 2007, 8:14 PM
It is just human nature to "hate" "those others who aren't us"-the big problem today is that we now have groups on all sides using things like the internet, mass media and the like to reinforce and even exacerbate the situation---there are those who have made an profitable industry at fostering hate of "the others" and fostering the divisions this makes---that is probably one of the saddest commentaries on our current times.

The two big rallying points of the religious right is "pro-life" and anti-gay (gay to mean anything other than straight to this side)--they rally the troops to vote and open their checkbooks very effectively with these issues--there are of course others like the contest between "evolution and 'creative design'" but abortion and homosexuality are the 10,000 pound gorillas of this movement.

Long Duck Dong
Feb 23, 2007, 12:30 AM
i fully agree 12 voltman

i would love to say that i am a person that doesn't hate... but sadly there are 3 people in my life that I hate....

all 3 of them are pro life / anti gay and religious....one of them is my own mother
and yes I do love her cos she is my mother... but that is as far as it goes

I dislike many attitudes in the world.... but also acceptable that just cos they are not my own opinions, doesn't make them wrong, and doesn't make my opinions right

ambi53mm
Feb 23, 2007, 6:18 PM
I wonder if ppl well always hate other ppl. You would think things would have changed by now but i guess not. It sadd me about this. I hope some day we can enjoy each other sprit. :female: :bipride: :male:

Hate certainly seems to rule the world....Maybe when hate has done it's job and there's only a small handful of humanity left on this planet will hatred cease to exist...but then again...maybe not..old habits die hard

Ambi :)

SweetBlackAngel
Feb 24, 2007, 12:07 AM
It is just human nature to "hate" "those others who aren't us"-the big problem today is that we now have groups on all sides using things like the internet, mass media and the like to reinforce and even exacerbate the situation---there are those who have made an profitable industry at fostering hate of "the others" and fostering the divisions this makes---that is probably one of the saddest commentaries on our current times.

The two big rallying points of the religious right is "pro-life" and anti-gay (gay to mean anything other than straight to this side)--they rally the troops to vote and open their checkbooks very effectively with these issues--there are of course others like the contest between "evolution and 'creative design'" but abortion and homosexuality are the 10,000 pound gorillas of this movement.

Wow. I sure hope that hating isn't human nature. Otherwise we're all in a whole lotta trouble...

Nara_lovely
Feb 24, 2007, 6:13 AM
I'll live in the hope that 'hate' will cease; tolerance and understanding to blossom.
I'll live a life to the best of my abilities and continue to grow.
I'll show others through my own attitudes.
I'll instill in my children, to always be the best they can be.

The world is changing and growing. There are so many 'that's the way it has always been' attitudes that have or are being questioned.
Step by step...never give up on something so worthwhile.

codybear3
Feb 24, 2007, 8:13 PM
Wow. I sure hope that hating isn't human nature. Otherwise we're all in a whole lotta trouble...

I believe 'hating" is a learned illness...Put children of many races in a room and the only thing they will probably fight about is the one toy that they all want...But I don't think they'll hate each other because they don't have that one toy...Its up to the "adults" that begin to "program" these kids to begin hating to really look into maybe changing thier "programing" (teaching and educating) of our future generations and perhaps the children of my childrens grand-children may look back and wonder how we survived the "hating period" of our time... :2cents: :paw: :paw:

orangecrush
Feb 24, 2007, 9:19 PM
I agree with codybear3. Children have to be taught to hate.

I also believe all of us have some sort of prejudice passed down to us from those who raised and taught us.

One of the best gifts we can give our kids is to refuse to carry these hateful concepts forward.

Think about what you say.

And think about what deserves to be left unsaid, to die on the vine, with our generation being the last one to have to listen to fear based nonsense about others, spoken by people we love.

sexybicplinwv
Mar 6, 2007, 4:02 PM
I would like to take this time to thank ppl for their post on this thread. ;) Thank You!!!! (((Always be true to yourself))) :female: :flag3:

darkeyes
Mar 7, 2007, 4:01 AM
Am pretty sure hate, like greed an religion is a tool which was thought up eons ago by powerful men to control and bend people to their will. No I do not believe that hate is human nature. We all have likes and dislikes, and that is natural. But hate is an irrational learned thing which I believe we can, and in time, shall erradicate.

Tommy2020
Mar 7, 2007, 8:52 AM
Since the first cave dweller coveted his neighbor's watering hole and killed for the right to use that watering hole, there has been greed. I believe that 'hate' is a direct result of greed.
Even in my case, I believe that I have been hated because of my general outlook on life and the want of others to have that same outlook.
Hate is an abnormal breaching across the lines of 'want'. Want becomes obsessive, obsessiveness becomes greed and then hate surely follows.
I have always believed that we are what we are, no more, no less. In my example, I have learned to accept my sexuality and am I going to try and change to either totally homosexual or straight..... no. Why? I am what I am, no more, no less. I have no want to be like my neighbor who beats his chest to demonstrate his 'straightness' in all that he says and does.
I am just happy being me. I wish more people around me could adopt to their true being(s) and just accept themselves for what they are. Maybe then, we can go about our business without wanting what our neighbor has and then hating him/her because our want has become obsession.
I really love all of you here and hope someday to meet some of you over coffee.
Tommy2020
P.S. Sorry for the 'soapbox'...... :)

onewhocares
Mar 7, 2007, 6:31 PM
For me, hatred is just ignorance. For one must never judge another unless they have walked a mile in their shoes. Life is full of a wide spectrum of people of different races, nationalities, locales and well so much more. I may be naive (ok, too blonde for those who know me) but life is way to short to fight with each other. Learn a bit about those whom you feel are "different" and guess what...you will grow. You shall grow as an individual and as a member of society in general. I guess I am one who longs to learn about each and every person I meet. Thanks to this site, and Drew, I have met interesting, insightful people from all over the globe.

Belle

Solomon
Mar 8, 2007, 1:22 PM
I like how it was put to me in a book on the philosophies the founder of aikido. I'm not sure of exactly how it was worded, but i believe the gist goes like this.

There is an exact balance of both positive and negative energy that flows throughout the universe, and if we look to nature this is undisputed and it's cooperated with. Too often we try to stop or offset this balance, and we end up becoming ourselves off balance, or stopped. if we were to instead cooperate with and respect this then we become balanced, and cooperated with ourselves.

btw, i don't believe that kids need to be taught to hate as hate is just an emotion that is felt.

if it were possible to teach a child to hate then it would also perhaps be possible to teach what a banana tastes like?

any kids that i've come across say things like "i hate you" all the time to everyone, little devils lol. they learn it all on their own because it's part of growing up.

embrace the beast inside, and you'll find that you missed yourself greatly.