PDA

View Full Version : Friends...?

blondebabe
Feb 20, 2007, 7:15 PM
Ok, so I seem to have managed to land myself in somewhat of a complicated situation which has seemingly resulted in me losing one of my best friends. I found this site earlier and wondered whether any of you had been in a similar situation or just if you had any thoughts on this? It might take a while to explain, so please bare with me!

I would probably define myself as being bisexual, although I won't deny that I do prefer females. However, I have not told anyone in 'real life' that...but a few people that I have met on the internet are aware of my feelings.

So... late last year I became close friends with my manager (J) at work. In the few months that we were friends, it was really intense and it was literally a case of we could tell each other anything etc and we just felt completely at ease.

Following a work party, there were rumours at work that we were sleeping together and these have continued since. This is because they found out that when we went out we would share a bed - obviously, being men at work, they rather liked this idea!

Anyway, early January I was thrown out of my mum's house after an argument... (there's just over 20 years age difference between J and I - she's 39) so I stayed with J for a while. Now there'd always been an element of touchy-feelyness to our friendship and quite often sexual undertones in terms of what we were saying in front of others etc... but it became even stronger at hers...she was a lot more touchy feely, there was a lot more sexual innuendo from both of us, we would be like sweetheart/gorgeous etc, she would tell me to come into her bed as soon as her boyfriend had got up...

Then the one night we were talking until the early hours of the morning and she told me that she had once slept with a woman and how it took a woman to know what turned a woman on etc. I said that I believe you fall for the person and not the gender so if I was interested in someone then it wouldn't stop me the fact that they were female.

The following morning I was leaving for a few hours...anyway she was at the computer table and I went over to show her something. And she put her hand in the front pocket of my jeans and kind of pulled me closer and was half caressing my leg. It's not that I felt uncomfortable with this because I didn't in any way, but it did confuse me slightly as I wouldn't have done this with a friend.

That night we got absolutely and utterly trased, we then went to bed as usual - her boyfriend was away so I was sharing with her. One thing led to another and we ended up pulling. This of course led on to something else and so it continued... we didn't end up going all the way, but even so this lasted for an hour so it wasn't exactly like it was just one drunken pull.

Afterwards, we were fine with each other for a week and then she just stopped talking to me completely. It was about another week and a half until I heard anything else - she was leaving to move 3 hours away after her boyfriend (of 2 years) had dumped her. I rang her to try and offer my support etc but she didnt want to know.

So we didnt speak again... then on friday last week I sent an email to try and sort things out between us. Only her ex read it instead and rang her to tell her that I had phoned him and told him what had happened between us. She has still not seen this email. So of course yesterday afternoon I got some really nasty text messages from her and I think that we can safely now say that we probably wont be speaking again.

But I just don't understand what happened. Or how she feels about it etc. I don't get why she wont talk to me anymore, especially as she initiated it. And... just generally everything that went on between us. I feel like I was played for a fool from day one and that she was never really interested in being friends just used me while she needed someone.

But argh...any opinions???

DiamondDog
Feb 21, 2007, 3:26 AM
You said it best yourself. Some people are notorious for being users when it comes to other people. Anyway she sounds like she's kinda hung up over too much stuff and I wouldn't worry that she's not being friendly.

I feel like I was played for a fool from day one and that she was never really interested in being friends just used me while she needed someone.

julie
Feb 21, 2007, 8:17 AM
Ouch!

..i suspect BB, pretty much along the same lines as Diamond Dog, that your gut feeling is pretty spot on :( ....and that J has many many issues in her life that she may, or may not, ever face up to.

..at the risk of coming across as patronising.. i'm do want to say i'm overwhelmed by your level of insight and level headedness in dealing with such recent traumas. Making sense of your bisexuality is tough enough.. being thrown out by your mum and then being treated so very shoddily even cruelly by this so called friend..is really in a league of its own!

Your dignity in handling all this speaks volumes about the shortcomings in your mums and Js behaviour. my respect for you is further underpinned by my estimate that you are just 19 years old?

Life can be so shit at times.. and you have already shown yourself to be head and shoulders above the rest in not only being capable of surviving the shit... but also surviving it in style!

..time to move onwards and upwards girl..and i suspect very soon you will be flying high once more.

...love julie

.. :female: xxx

blondebabe
Feb 21, 2007, 9:52 AM
I suppose that was what I did and didn't want to hear, if that makes sense. I mean I do kind of want to believe that we can sort things out cause I miss her as a friend... but I also don't think it is worth it anymore and think, as I said before, that she was just using me.

I suppose what confuses me most is what exactly the friendship was about. I mean, was it just that - friendship...or was it always going to lead to more? I don't understand what she was getting from it or what she even wanted.

Thanks Julie - don't worry about sounding patronising, it comes across as a compliment. Oh, and I've just turned 18...was 17 when this was all happening. Which is possibly another reason for her reaction if she feels guilty...what with me being so much younger and the fact that she has a son 2 years older than me. Not to mention her boyfriend who she had been with for two years, but I did warn her even at the time that she might regret it because of him so was she sure she knew what she was doing with me.

Thanks for your comments, and if anyone else has any advice/views I would be grateful to hear them!

julie
Feb 21, 2007, 12:17 PM
You are very welcome BB...

... all this complex stuff going on, such as you being younger than her son and her really just playing with fire... its all pretty heavy really!

... not only is she being so very disrespectful to you, this disrespect also seems to extend to her treatment of her boyfriend. this does all suggest she is struggling to find the inner resourses to manage her own life. let alone be a good enough friend to you...at least in the short term as she does seem to be running pretty wild just now :(

.... even though i suspect you know you are worth so much more than this.. i dont want to minimise how much loss you are experiencing just now.

...anyway...thats more than enough of my opinion!.. i'll bow out now let someone else get a word in edgeways

:cool:

love Julie x :female:

blondebabe
Feb 22, 2007, 11:54 AM
Hmm, she split up with her boyfriend a couple of weeks ago... and on Monday night she accused me of having told him what had happened between us. Fair enough, he did find out through me but that was completely unintentional...in the sense that he logged into her email account and found an email from me to her that referred to that. Now I'm sorry, but I refuse to take the complete blame for this although I do feel slightly guilty but how was I to know he would read it. Plus the fact that he told her I had phoned him to tell him about it...which she believed, argh!!

Anyway...I heard from her this morning in that I got a text asking to forward her post and stuff for her car. This was obviously meant for this ex boyfriend... now I fail to see how she can have accidentally sent it to me instead seeing as our names are at opposite ends of the alphabet. So either she was trying to wind me up...she was trying to prove a point in that she's still in touch with him...or she wanted to talk to me but didn't know how to start the conversation.

Really don't understand her games, argh!! lol... sorry to keep moaning on by the way!

LoveLion
Feb 23, 2007, 3:37 PM
Him reading the email is not your fault in anyway. This Boyfirend of hers sounds like scum. Breaking into her email? Telling her that you phoned him to tell him what happend between you? Scuse my language, but what a fucking prick.

You need to get in a situation where you can talk to her and she has to listen to you. Email and texting and phoning is so hard, because it is too easy for someone to hang up, or ignore an email. What you need to do is face her and talk to her in person, in a situation where she cant just walk away. Be aggressive, but not over aggressive. You need to let her know that she and the BF are making you angry and that you are feeling hurt.