PDA

View Full Version : laser hair removal

Slide n
Feb 18, 2007, 7:22 PM
Has anyone had this done in the pubic area? I have been thinking of this procedure, but am embarassed. I don't know if it is a common request or not. Would like some input on experience and cost?

arana
Feb 18, 2007, 7:58 PM
The laser treatments can be very expensive but I've heard of people doing full body treatments; Exotic dancers for one. Some centers have better prices on a packaged deal where you buy several treatments at once instead of by individual sessions. Those are your better deals but if you can only afford to go month by month it's what you have to do.

The pain depends on your own pain tollerance. It's like a rubber band striking you and depending on how sensitive the area is it can feel slight to very intense. The more hair in that area the more zapping the laser will do. They also have a numbing cream you can use if needed.

Your best bet would be to schedule a consultation and get all the information you can about the place. Make sure they have qualified doctors and or nurses doing the treatments. If you have tattoo's in any of the areas they can't go over those either so anyone with a lot of tats in an area that wants it done, don't bother.

Hope that helped a little.

softfruit
Feb 19, 2007, 6:59 PM
It's not a common thing to have done in the context of the general population, but in the context of places offering that kind of treatment - they're not going to bat an eyelid. Especially places which treat trans people, since male-to-female transsexuals need to get their hair down there removed as part of the process. And most laser hair clinics treat trans people because we're a damn good source of income!!

From what I've heard it's better to have hair there lasered than have electrolysis (the treatment using electricity and needles) -- but you may want to research that a bit more as my sources may be biased!

mikeiam4
Feb 19, 2007, 9:58 PM
My wife and I have looked at that for her. It runs around 1500 US (this is in Northwestern US, may be more elsewhere). Its called the Brazillian, and from the website (www.idealimage.com) and talking to them, its not that uncommon. Yes, I called them and talked about it, they didnt seem shocked. Definetly something for when the bills are paid down a bit... as for doing it for me, we both prefer me with a little bit of hair, so it wont be happening for me!

Slide n
Feb 24, 2007, 8:25 PM
thanks for the info I was just wondering

LoveLion
Feb 25, 2007, 2:40 AM
Is there any alternatives to keeping hair away?

I want to be generally hairless, but I am extremely hairy all over my body and it grows back so damn fast. Is there like a cream or wash anyone knows of that prevents hair growth? Or at least easily removes body stubble to keep from having to shave my entire body every day?

Cowan
Feb 25, 2007, 2:47 AM
I would love it ;)

Gemini25
Feb 25, 2007, 3:40 PM
Is there any alternatives to keeping hair away?

I want to be generally hairless, but I am extremely hairy all over my body and it grows back so damn fast. Is there like a cream or wash anyone knows of that prevents hair growth? Or at least easily removes body stubble to keep from having to shave my entire body every day?

I know you can use the hair removal creams that woman use for their legs all over your body. I've done it a couple of times. It burns a little if you leave it on too long though. The only draw back is that the hair keeps coming back so it's a never ending process, and expence.

As for the laser hair removal, I have had a consultation with the people at Sona Med Spa. They do offer complete body hair removal from your mustache/beard all the way to your toes, including your private area. The lady didn't bat an eye when I told her I wanted all my body hair gone. Of course each body part is a seperate price, and then there is the 3 growth cycles of the hair so if they don't get it all on the first process you may have to go back a couple more times. The area being treated has to stay as much as possible out of the sun 2 weeks prior to the treatment. You shave the area they are going to laser (if you can) before you get there, they apply a numbing ointment that helps with the laser process when you get there, and then proceed with the laser. I don't know about other places, but I do know that Sona Med Spa offers financing if you can't afford to pay for it all at once. I'm only talking about Sona Med Spa, because they are the only ones I have any experience with. If there are other great places please let us know.
Also, as a side note. I have a transgender friend that is going through electrolisis and said that the laser only works on dark hair with light skin. Since she is blond it wouldn't work on her. Also she said, (and I have to research this a little more for myself), that the laser besides getting rid of the unwanted hair, actually damages the skin. I haven't had time to look into this yet to see if it's a fact. So make sure you do your research, and ask all the questions you can think of when thinking of having this done.
Just my :2cents:

joxbear69
Feb 26, 2007, 2:42 PM
I recently finished getting my back treated with lasers. Very good results--now my wife doesn't have to shave me as often. The package I received was approx $1500 for 5 treatments (back and shoulders). It still "stung" even with the numbing cream. The lady that did my treatments said that she frequently did pubic/genital areas and asses--both male and female. Each part of the body is a different cost (at least at the spa where I was treated) and the number of treatments needed is dependent upon individual hair growth, etc.
I personally would not get my pubic area/genitals treated with laser---concerned about any future potential long-term effects on "the boys" as well as being able to tolerate the pain.

Herbwoman39
Feb 26, 2007, 3:58 PM
I had one treatment done by a spa in Atlanta about 4 years ago. Fortunately one of the people who did the hair removal process was also an anesthetist otherwise I never would have gotten though the process. For me it was a definite burning sensation that got more and more intense. But they did multiple little injections all around the pubic area before they started the process.

We moved not long after so I never got the process completed. Even with the injections, it was a painful, tedious process that I really don't want to repeat. I'd rather just trim with the beard trimmer and leave it at that.

TashaSW
Feb 26, 2007, 4:13 PM
lol ya I own a "beard" trimmer as well... I LOVE it lol Makes the job easy and done and doesn't take long either.

Most people I know carry one of these things... you can use it pretty much anywhere on your face and body as long as your careful.

Tasha