PDA

View Full Version : The Curious Cat

SexyBlue
Aug 28, 2005, 12:53 AM
Alright, her is the deal. I am 22 and I have been in a relationship with a great man for 5 years. The only problem is that occasionally I find myself attracted to certain butch-type women (sorry if I offend anyone I am not up on the lingo) anyway, recently I went to a drag show and I met a girl who I was instantly attracted to. She came over to talk to me and we became good friends. Now she and I have had very deep conversations and we both are aware that we are strongly attracted to each other, but there are several problems.
1.) I have a boyfriend and she has a girlfriend.
2.) I have never had any type of sexual relationship with a female.
3.) We wouldn't want something to happen and it affect our friendship.

Now I know the best thing to do would just to keep our hands off of each other, but I am not sure how long that will last. Does anyone out there have any good advice?
Thanks! :)

csrakate
Aug 28, 2005, 2:20 AM
I think you may have already answered your own question with the statement that you are both in relationships that you don't want to alter. Being bisexual or having bisexual feelings does not mean that you have to pounce on the first available person who might offer the opporunity. It merely means you have the capacity to find someone of the same sex attractive and appealing. Would you jump on the next available and attractive man that caught your eye? I think not.

Bisexuality isn't a calling card for promiscuity. And if you find it difficult to remain in a relationship without the ability to experience all that you feel a calling for, then perhaps you aren't ready to "settle down". But if you feel that your present partner might be open to a more relaxed relationship, then you need to discuss that with them on the front end and keep the lines of communication wide open. Perhaps then you can find a happy medium that will satisfy all involved.

But that is just my :2cents:

Kate

arana
Aug 28, 2005, 2:59 PM
Very well said Kate. I agree!

Hugs