PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one that doesn't believe in love

CHOCOLATECITY32
Feb 15, 2007, 4:49 AM
hello i had started wondering sometime ago and the thing is that i don't believe in love it all started about 2 yrs ago where i was just in deep thought and i started thinking about how these men and women r just cheating on their mates and i started asking myself if that were me would i cheat and my answer would be hell no,but as i see valentines day iz here and for those who r lonely and single i just want some advice on those who don't believe in love and why is it b/c they think every man or woman is out 2 cheat on them why don't ppl believe or could it be that me or others bisexuals have a hard time finding mates who will except them for who they really are

spartca
Feb 15, 2007, 5:14 AM
Here is a great book you might be interested in reading about the evolutionarily motivated, instinctual drive to cheat:

http://www.amazon.com/Myth-Monogamy-Fidelity-Infidelity-Animals/dp/0716740044

free2peek
Feb 15, 2007, 11:39 AM
I feel that because you are bisexual doesn't mean you aren't able to be with one person and only that one person. Bisexual means you are attracted to both sexes not that you have to sleep with both sexes, or cheat on your lover. There is a difference between love and sex. I believe that sex gets better when you add love and commitment to it. Bisexuals can have morals and values when it comes to relationships, but that comes down to the person involved and what their morals and values are. Stay open, up front, and honest about who you are with a potential relationship early and in the beginning you will find that there are a lot of open people out there. When you are at the right stage in your life love finds you.

izzfan
Feb 15, 2007, 12:11 PM
Ah, myself and a friend decided to boycott valentine's day, it later turned out that he did it because he was single and wanted a partner but I supported the boycott out of pure principle. I mean at this stage in my life I am single and proud - that doesn't mean that I am at all celibate lol it just means that I don't weigh myself down with the ball and chain of a relationship. I mean I'm only 18 and I'm not going to waste my student years with a relationship lol, when I was in school and 6th form college loads of my str8 friends had relationships and they caused all sorts of problems: one of my friends wasted quite a lot of money on his girlfriend, the girlfriends always took up loads of time and I didn;t see my friends nearly as much as I would have done if they were single, there was the fact that some of my best friends have split up with girlfriends and I'm always the one who has to pick up the pieces also, with the exception of one of my friends' [from outside university] girlfriends who was a really interesting person and showed me loads of cool new-age stuff, all of my friends' [from before university] girlfriends have been moody/bitchy/ annoying etc.... And after seeing all of that, I would be a fool to throw away years of my life with a relationship. As for the issue of cheating, I have seen a couple of relationships break up on account of it and personally, I have always thought the concept of total monogamy to be slightly unnatural.... I mean I'm quite surprised more ppl don't have 'open relationships' (the only ppl I kno with this type of relationship are gay) as this seems to be the best type of relationship.

Also, single people have a lot more fun... :cool:

Izzfan :flag3: