PDA

View Full Version : ROME: the HBO special

Lorcan
Feb 15, 2007, 1:51 AM
Speaking of orgies! :bigrin:

Has anyone seen ROME? That's a bisexual series if i ever saw one!

justafriend
Feb 15, 2007, 7:10 AM
Is it any good?

izzfan
Feb 15, 2007, 11:58 AM
I;ve only seen part of an episode of 'Rome' so I can't really comment authoritatively on it but it sounds cool. As for bisexual television programs, another one must surely be "Torchwood" [a spin-off from the recent Doctor Who programs] I mean the main character in that ("Captain Jack") kisses both men and women throught the series and M/F, M/M, F/F situations are shown throught the series.

Sorry if this went a bit off-topic lol

Izzfan :flag3:

Danielle_T
Feb 15, 2007, 12:16 PM
I've now seen all of season one and i am HOOKED....i love it!!!
As far as Bi-Sexual.....well there are a ton of references there yes, but i believe Roman society back then was more permissive if not promiscuous....or so say archaeologists anyway..

Love....Dani

DiamondDog
Feb 15, 2007, 4:20 PM
I don't think you can use terms like "bisexual" or "homosexual" with ancient greek and roman society, or even society until the late 19th century. These terms are 20th century constructions, same with "heterosexual".

I always laugh when I read books and it describes Sappho as "lesbian" or Plato as being "gay", or even Oscar Wilde and Walt Whitman as being "gay".

PeteyA
Feb 15, 2007, 6:17 PM
Is it back on the air with new episodes? I saw the first season (a year or two ago) and it was quite the show!

Cid87
Feb 15, 2007, 6:38 PM
Yes I've seen ever episode that has been aired to date, next one on sunday...

I also own all of them on my computer and yes there's bisexuality in them.

Great series.