PDA

View Full Version : Perfume...

Cid87
Feb 14, 2007, 4:21 PM
If anyone has seen Perfume: The Story of a Murderer, you might find this familiar.

I wont spoil it to the rest of you, however...

In this film there is a gigantic orgy scene for almost 5 minutes, a few hundred people involved. The reason why I mention this here is this...

In this orgy you get to see tons of Male-Female action, which is normal since this film takes place in the 18th century. But in between (and quite often) there was Female-Female action (also MFF), including one major female character who was also in a relationship with a man.

Not once is there Male-Male or Male-Male-Female. Personally I thought of this as another step into the openness of female bisexuality, but then I realised that this scene is exploiting human sexual madness.

What would you make of this?

Herbwoman39
Feb 14, 2007, 4:32 PM
Here in the US, Hollywood mainly focuses on M-F romances. There are only rare shows (Will & Grace, Queer As Folk on cable and maybe just a couple others) that put any attention at all on M-M relationships.

It's sad because the media knows that its big market is heterosexuals and to focus on anything that isn't is risky at best and will bankrupt and ruin them money at worst.

It's a commentary on how closed-minded the general population in America is. Anything that isn't "normal" is to be feared and/or rejected out of hand without analyzing it. Many people here don't want to think. They just want to be entertained or told what to believe, thus the media does exactly that and we have a growing population of dependent automatons.

LOL! Or were you looking for commentary on just the movie segment?

Cid87
Feb 14, 2007, 4:41 PM
Here in the US, Hollywood mainly focuses on M-F romances. There are only rare shows (Will & Grace, Queer As Folk on cable and maybe just a couple others) that put any attention at all on M-M relationships.

It's sad because the media knows that its big market is heterosexuals and to focus on anything that isn't is risky at best and will bankrupt and ruin them money at worst.

It's a commentary on how closed-minded the general population in America is. Anything that isn't "normal" is to be feared and/or rejected out of hand without analyzing it. Many people here don't want to think. They just want to be entertained or told what to believe, thus the media does exactly that and we have a growing population of dependent automatons.

LOL! Or were you looking for commentary on just the movie segment?

Any kind of commentary I guess, Perfume is a European film however, or mostly...

justafriend
Feb 15, 2007, 1:34 AM

Herbwoman, you are RIGHT ON!!!!!

AngelOfTheMystic
Feb 15, 2007, 5:28 PM
I hate to say this. but most people when they see two girls going at it their like "YEAH!!! right on" because it's sexy, and when people see two guys going at it to them it's not as desired to watch because it's not as accepted yet. I hope someday that it will be because men should be able to be as accepted in their sexuality just as much as us girls!!