PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Might Be Gay

mcliff128
Feb 10, 2007, 3:04 PM
Hi all, recently i've been having a lot of fun with this guy I met about two months ago. He told me he was bi, but the other night he told me he wanted to have a more serious relationship with me. I'm pretty sure he's actually gay not bi, but my problem is i really like him and i started wondering if i'm gay also. I told my ex-girlfriend about (she's the only one i've come out too) and she told me if i enjoy being with then be with him. I don't want to lose him in my life, and part of me wants to have a relationship with him. I still do find women very attractive and enjoy having sex with them, but right now i only want him. Does this mean i'm gay?

Thanks
Mike

mrplayfuluk
Feb 10, 2007, 3:21 PM
nope it just means you're probably sequentially bisexual. If you eventually split up, it maybe because of a woman. You just have discovered the capacity to get emotionally involved with a man as well. Chill out, enjoy...

DiamondDog
Feb 10, 2007, 3:26 PM
I think most of the labels are political bullshit, personally. Lots of people like to stick them on themselves to create artificial separation between themselves and others - I guess it makes them feel safe or something, I dunno.

If I was in your shoes, and I was for a time, I'd spend more time trying to figure out who I am rather than what.

Just go with your attraction to men right now. If you wind up identifying as "gay" or end up in a homosexual relationship, it's not a big deal.

NorthBiEast
Feb 10, 2007, 3:47 PM
You didn't mention any other current interest to complicate things. Since it seems that you already identify as bi, this relationship doesn't seem to be out of sinc with *you*.

It sounds to me that you're worried that being with a gay guy has made you gay. You said that you still find women attractive, so there's your answer.

It sounds like you've found someone who wants to care for you, be with you, support you, and maybe down the road, love you. SWEET! Let me speak from experience that being in love can be scary at times, but it is WELL worth the fall. Enjoy it! :love1:

LoveLion
Feb 12, 2007, 12:39 AM
I dont see any reason for you not to be with him.

People get mixed up with "being gay" and "living a gay lifestyle"

For example. You can be bi and live with a guy, marry him, and never have anyone else for the rest of your life and you will not be nesseraily gay. If you still have the potential to be attracted to a woman then you are still bi even though you are only with a guy.

The same goes with a woman. There are lots of guys here that are married and have only every been with a woman sexually and romantically, but are still very bi.

You can be with this guy without "being gay". And does it really matter one way or the other anyway? If you love him and enjoy being with him then go for it. If hes gay or bi, or your gay or bi, it doesn't change a thing really.

mcliff128
Feb 12, 2007, 7:31 AM
Thanks to all of you for your comments. You've really helped me with this. As it stands right now i've never been happier, i don't want to be with anyone else right now and either does he. We both have deep feelings for each other and mine have been getting stronger for him. I still think about women sometimes but if we end up together the rest of our lifes, that would be ok with me also.

findingpeace
Feb 12, 2007, 9:28 AM
Thanks to all of you for your comments. You've really helped me with this. As it stands right now i've never been happier, i don't want to be with anyone else right now and either does he. We both have deep feelings for each other and mine have been getting stronger for him. I still think about women sometimes but if we end up together the rest of our lifes, that would be ok with me also.

Nice.

Here's how I see it in regards to the sexual aspect... When I'm with my wife I'm bi and am having heterosexual sex, when I'm with a guy I'm bi and am having homosexual sex, when I'm with my wife and another guy I'm bi and am having bisexual sex.

In regards to intimacy... it's the same thing, but more comlicated because my feelings for each person and each gender are different, but it doesn't change my sexuality, only my expression of it.

CHOCOLATECITY32
Feb 14, 2007, 3:18 AM
u r not gay u have emotional feelings for him we r bisexual for a reason and we r ppl that go both ways if we were all just gay we would not be on here instead we would be with our mates

AngelOfTheMystic
Feb 14, 2007, 2:44 PM
I don't think that it means that you are gay I just think that it is the fact that you are really enjoying the company of this man right now and there is nothing wrong with that. I say if you want to be with him and he wants to be with you and it makes you happy then go for it and good luck!

Tom41bimwm
Feb 14, 2007, 4:08 PM
so does he have a big johnson?? lol he must. no, just kidding, good luck and hope you're happy!

jamiehue
Feb 15, 2007, 9:57 AM
Don't worry be happy.