PDA

View Full Version : Brighton Bi-Fest?

metasexual
Feb 6, 2007, 2:00 PM
We just wondered if anyone is headed to the beach for Brighton Bi-Fest this coming Saturday? We are trying to decide if we are going to go.

http://www.myspace.com/brightonbifest

writersblock
Feb 6, 2007, 2:20 PM
Looks interesting - hopefully some drinks and stuff later. Will probably try to get down from London...

:tongue:

darkeyes
Feb 7, 2007, 3:53 AM
We just wondered if anyone is headed to the beach for Brighton Bi-Fest this coming Saturday? We are trying to decide if we are going to go.

http://www.myspace.com/brightonbifest

Brighton Beach in February. brrrrrrrrrrrrr

metasexual
Feb 8, 2007, 3:32 AM
Brighton Beach in February. brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hotter here than anywhere else in Britain, in more ways than one ;)

softfruit
Feb 19, 2007, 6:56 PM
And a damn fine day out it was too :) Did you go in the end?

If not the next one's in London on May 19th - then Sheffield and Manchester take turns over the summer by the looks of things.

izzfan
Feb 19, 2007, 8:59 PM
Wow, this bi-fest sounds pretty damn cool unfortunately I now spend about half the year at university a town in the middle of nowhere in wales [its a pretty cool place but at least a couple of hours travelling to get to any kind of city] with only about 3 other bisexual ppl in it [LOADS of gay/lesbian ppl tho]. I spend the other half of the year at home [southern england] where althouh I have sort of come out to my mum and my sister and dropped numerous hints to my dad, I don't think they would be too eager for me to travel to a 'bi-fest' though lol... they;re not homophobic/biphobic but they;re not exactly approving of it either. Well, maybe in a few years time...

Izzfan :flag3:

softfruit
Feb 20, 2007, 9:09 AM
I'd've thought a day trip to Manchester or Sheffield BiFest might be do-able from mid-Wales... at a push? If the uni LGBTsoc has a bit of budget you might even be able to persuade them that sending you there to get bi resources etc for improving bi inclusion in the society next year would be a sensible idea, and so get your travel paid for ;)

Otherwise depending where in southern England you are for the summer etc, there tend to be things organised by Brighton Bothways for Brighton summer LGBT Pride in August. Or if summer work can put enough money together there's BiCon in Treforest (Glamorgan Uni) at the end of August.

jamiehue
Feb 20, 2007, 1:10 PM
there is a brighton here in mich nothing happens there.

metasexual
Feb 22, 2007, 1:39 AM
Sadly, we didn't make it to the bi-fest. In the end a nasty little winter flu made the decision for us. We are hoping to get around to some of the other events in the near future and certainly for Pride stuff over the Summer.