PDA

View Full Version : "It's a Family Traditon!"

12voltman59
Feb 3, 2007, 9:09 PM
While visiting one of my favorite bookstores today—I came across a neat little book printed by Taschen books.

For those of you not familiar with Taschen, they are printing company based in Europe that publishes books on many subjects including art, travel, anthropology and many others.

The book I purchased is titled “Homo Art” and contains a large number of photos of artwork throughout the ages from a variety of cultures with a homosexual theme.

The pictures of the artwork comes from cultures ranging from the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptian as well as from China and Japan dating back to the time before Christ.

There are also photos of the work of modern era artists such as Andy Warhol and Robert Mapplethorpe.

What I find interesting about these examples of these works---people have been engaging in some pretty randy sexual activity throughout the ages.

Some examples of what I mean---one series of pictures highlights a vase from ancient Greece that portrays men cavorting in many ways. One picture shows a man fellating another man while he is being entered in the rear by another man.

There is a series of pictures of paintings coming from the Qing Dynasty in China during the 19th century that depicts six men “doing a train” by each anally screwing each man in sucession. The last man in the chain is shown in coitus with a female and there are a series of other such paintings from China and Japan depicting men screwing other men.

I bring all of this up—because obviously men have been having sex with other men for a long time and women have joined in the fun too.

A series of drawings from 17th and 18th century France shows male and female courtesans engaged in all forms of sexual acts.

So---in spite of us thinking that we are plowing new ground, so to speak with our bisexuality----we aren’t really.

How about this thing we men have with cock size and big being good?

The ancients have got that one covered too---

The book has some photos of artwork of males with huge cocks from places like Rome, Greece and even Africa. There is one photo of an African with a huge, sperm spewing erection that dates to the first century BC from Nigeria and another taken of a Fresco from the ruins of Pompeii that is similar in nature.

So folks—if we think we are engaging in anything new-it may be new for us as individuals but our forefathers and mothers have already been there and done that!!!!!

We are all doing, in the words of Hank Williams, Junior---“keepin’ on a family tradition!!” (at least the human family)

bigregory
Feb 4, 2007, 1:53 AM
Is " its a family tradition " the name of the book?? :bibounce:
----------------------------------------

Homo art .
Had to read it twice :banghead:

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/books/sex/all/facts/03277.htm
Here is the link to the book.

LoveLion
Feb 4, 2007, 11:06 PM
My mother went to Greece a year so so back and brought be back a pack of Greek Lover playing cards. They are all images taken off green pottery or paintings and they show some real sexualy insane stuff. Every kind of position you can think of, gay and strait, as well as some weirder ones like a woman watering a garden of penises.

Those greeks had it right I tells ya.

flexuality
Feb 5, 2007, 1:32 AM
There's a Documentary series called "The Secret History of Civilization" (6 part series) that goes into extremely sexually explicit historical art, most of which had been "hidden" from the public back in the Victorian era. It's quite a facinating documentary.

I've only watched part 1 so far, but my first thought was "There ain't nothin' new under the sun!" LOL!