PDA

View Full Version : monogamy within male bisexuality?

thepeak2000
Feb 3, 2007, 6:59 PM
Hi, I am doing a research essay for a university course. My topic is male bisexuality in regards to monogamy. If anyone has any thoughts about this I would appreciate it. Anything goes....can monogamy be achieved? Maybe for some people and not others? Creative monogamy solutions? What I am really looking for is personal experiences. Of course, all confidential. I would love to chat about this. Thanks, the peak.

nothings5d
Feb 3, 2007, 10:50 PM
If you read the forums here you'll find that there are quite a few of us that practice monogamy. It's just a choice, you either do it or you don't. There's no "solution" to male bisexual monogamy, just as there's no "solution" to heterosexual monogamy. There are more hetero bigomists than bi bigomists, if only because there are more people who identify as hetero than bi. You just make the choice the same as if you were heterosexual.

CountryLover
Feb 3, 2007, 10:57 PM
Monogamy is an individual thing, not a gender or orientation thing IMHO.

My husband and I are both bisexual, yet he is MUCH more monogamous by nature than I am, and we are monogamous as a couple by choice.

flexuality
Feb 4, 2007, 12:31 AM
I think you would first have to define what you mean by monogamy. My husband and I define it as "anything goes if we both agree." But then we also agree that we want to pursue sexual activity as a couple, not individually.

I get the impression that what you are asking is how does a male bisexual be in a relationship with a female and not "act out" on his attraction to males.

Same as anyone else.

Think about it.....does a "straight" male stop being attracted to females just cuz he's in a relationship? Does he have to "act out" on this?

I am confused as to why bisexuality seems so often to be veiwed as a physical thing only. I think sexuality (regardless of who one is attracted to) is more of an emotional thing. Being okay with who you are and all that stuff.

Monogamy is a choice, not a deprivation and has nothing to do with gender or orientation. It doesn't need to be fixed, cuz it ain't broken.