PDA

View Full Version : Remembering Phil on Feb 2nd

Flounder1967
Feb 1, 2007, 6:13 PM
Remember on Feburary 2nd if Phill see his shadowit will be 7 more weeks of winter. If he does not only 42 more days.

littlerayofsunshine
Feb 1, 2007, 7:23 PM
I will be looking out for old Phil to be dragged out of his hole. I am so done with winter already, spring can not come soon enough.

TorontoGuy2007
Feb 1, 2007, 8:19 PM
doesn't matter what the ground hog does.. it will still be freezing up here in Canada for at les 6-8 more weeks!

LoveLion
Feb 2, 2007, 12:08 AM
haha, Amen to that TG

ghytifrdnr
Feb 2, 2007, 2:33 AM
I'd always heard that it was six more weeks, not seven. But has anyone noticed that six weeks and forty-two days are about the same amount of time? And that Groundhogs Day is about half-way between the winter solstice and the vernal equinox? :cool:

littlerayofsunshine
Feb 2, 2007, 8:37 AM
Well there have been conflicting winter reports. The long trusted Punxsutawney Phil has predicted an early spring, while in another part of the country, The Staten Island woodchuck, affectionatley named Chuck, has predicted 6 more weeks of winter. :bigrin:

curious married m
Feb 2, 2007, 9:20 AM
Well there have been conflicting winter reports. The long trusted Punxsutawney Phil has predicted an early spring, while in another part of the country, The Staten Island woodchuck, affectionatley named Chuck, has predicted 6 more weeks of winter. :bigrin:

As one who was born on this day 50 years ago, the prognostic powers of the groundhog are passed to those born on Feb 2. Unless today is Chuck's birthday, I question this Staten Island rodent's qualifications for predicting the coming of spring. :bigrin: Hehe CMM

Flounder1967
Feb 2, 2007, 12:14 PM
I have to admit i was slightly wrong in what i pronounced.

It is 6 more weeks of winter if he sees his shadow, other wise it will be an early spring with only 41 more days.

Sorry for the confusion.

onewhocares
Feb 2, 2007, 8:58 PM
Well Folks, I have a new twist....I woke up with Bill, not Phil. He is not from down south, but a Boston born and raised boy. I rolled over on this chilly morn, and I did not see a shadow....I saw something else.....Oh MY. I am rather modest and can not say what I saw...but I WILLBE there for weeks, if not years to cum.

Belle