PDA

View Full Version : best condom brand

kitten
Jan 21, 2007, 9:24 AM
What is the best condom brand recommended? We are beginning to use them again and we need some help (besides picking up what happens to be on sale at the pharmacy!). :eek:
Thanks for your recommendations.

someotherguy
Jan 21, 2007, 10:53 AM
I like ones that glow in the dark because you never know when you might have to help a disabled plane land on a highway somewhere at night.

ambi53mm
Jan 21, 2007, 2:05 PM
It's very rare that I find myself in need of a condom but when the occasion arises that I do, I prefer natural lambskin. They seem to offer a little more sensitivity than the latex and also seem to give a little in the fit. Most pharmacies seem to carry them right along side their latex brothers. Some people have a sensitivity to latex, so they do offer an alternative.

Size is another factor. When using latex brands I lean towards Magnum Extra large by Trojan.. The average condom is just too restrictive and takes me forever to get on, always when I’m in a hurry to get it on, so that I might finally get it on. LOL By the time I do manage to get it on it’s because after struggling to get it on I’ve gone soft again which means, now that I can finally get it on I ain’t gonna be getting it on anyway!

Ambi :)

littlerayofsunshine
Jan 21, 2007, 2:23 PM
we tend to use trojan polyuerethane. Latex tends to need relubrication after a short time of use, and if not well lubricated, can cause irritation from friction. I have had a vaginal tear a couple times by a penis wrapped in latex that slipped out. Never with the poly. Lambskin is very nice, but very expensive, they warm to body temperature very quickly and you can barely tell that he's wearing anything. With the most common brands, trojan and durex. They tend to be nearly the same in quality and reliability.

curious married m
Jan 21, 2007, 2:33 PM
we tend to use trojan polyuerethane. Latex tends to need relubrication after a short time of use, and if not well lubricated, can cause irritation from friction. I have had a vaginal tear a couple times by a penis wrapped in latex that slipped out. Never with the poly. Lambskin is very nice, but very expensive, they warm to body temperature very quickly and you can barely tell that he's wearing anything. With the most common brands, trojan and durex. They tend to be nearly the same in quality and reliability.

Remember though, if you using condoms for disease protection during a group thing Lambskin will not stop STD's. Lilray is right the feel great but there pregnancy reliability drops a bit.

kimba_n_hotrod
Jan 21, 2007, 5:58 PM
Rod and I have been ordering ours online at www.condomexpress.com
They usually have a pretty good deal on them 100 condoms for 25.00
They offer several brands. We've been using the Beyond Seven and we both enjoy it.

:2cents:

fishfry29
Jan 22, 2007, 6:36 PM
Ive used trojans and lifestyles. giving the nod to trojan . When I give oral sex, I can feel the end fill with his cum and his warmpth comes thru the latex. Part of the fun is putting the condom on him and once the yukk taste washes off, its almost like giving oral bareback (I said "ALMOST") Im a cum lover, but dont want to take chances with STD. Ive found that "milking" the guys cock with my lips and tongue ,rather than bobbing helps give the bareback feeling.

kitten
Jan 23, 2007, 4:53 PM
Thanks for all the information and suggestions.
We will check 'em out!

chook
Jan 24, 2007, 12:10 AM
If all else fails try Glad Wrap........ :eek:

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

wantus269
Jan 24, 2007, 3:39 PM
Im a big fan of tojan magnums. Ive used them since I was in high school. Ive never....well, knock on wood, had one break, come off, or anything else happen.
Good luck with the condom search.

snipped
Jan 24, 2007, 8:27 PM
I got an HMO condom...a vasectomy :bigrin:

wanderingrichard
Jan 26, 2007, 12:25 AM
well if you believe thier ads, www.condomania.com has the biggest selection of the absolute best anywhere.

one thing i do like about that site is that there is a brand called "right size" or sum such, that actually has a downloadable size chart you can use to get ones that wont come off cause they're too big, or burst when ya try to put them on cause they're too small...yep, i'm telling ya you can get 'em from king kong down to wee willy winky size.

what do i prefer? one that fits right, for starters, followed by where they are made, followed by what kind of mood we're both in [ you know, ribbed, nubbed, etc.]i tend not to buy asian makes, had too many bad experiences with those, but i'm not really brand loyal due to durability either. i tend not to be rough enough that i break the thing.

hope that helped
:2cents:
Rich

spartca
Jan 26, 2007, 3:49 AM
Right now my favorite is Durex Enhanced Pleasure - the same Durex quality you've come to know and love in the Durex Extra Sensitive Condom with a slightly roomier shape and slightly more silicone in the lube mix.

Next I like Crown Skinless Skin - great in tight situations. Thinner and stretchier means it is manufactured at a smaller initial diameter, translating into zero slippage.

Then Durex Extra Sensitive - a crowd pleaser. Durex quality latex - odorless, silky, excellently lubed.

I also like Pleasure Plus - a pouch under the head with internal ribbing restores some of the motion in the ocean. Great for roomier accomodations.

I also keep Durex Love on hand - contoured shape is great for big mushroom heads.

For flavored condoms I use Lifestyles Kiss of Mint and Durex Flavors.

They all cost about 25 cents in bulk, except Pleasure Plus is going to run you about a buck a pop or 60 cents in bulk.

For those with latex allergies, I've heard Tojan Supra is way stretchier than Durex Avanti... although the Trojan Supra has not been thoroughly tested for all STD transmission. May have the same problem as lambskin or microwaveable saran wrap - too permeable?

Anyways my favorite online condom shop is http://www.condomdepot.com/ - low prices, awesome selection, great reviews and product categories, plus free shipping on all orders.

Sapphrodite
Jan 26, 2007, 11:44 PM
*great discussion*

I really like the Hardcover Lollipops for oral - LOTS of fun flavours (like 15+) and relatively inexpensive. For the flavoured condoms I would go towards the ones that you can derive an 'essence' from, like mint, orange, chocolate, vanilla, coconut - a lot of the fruit flavours are okay but they taste artificial.

My faves for sex?? There is a really great one called SLAM - it's a lightweight larger fitting condom with studs and a hint of strawberry flavour. They have a very good reputation, as they were designed for the Caribbean market, and we've never had one break. You may not know, but this demographic was not terribly keen on condoms in general and needed a very comfortable fun condom to prevent HIV (Slam is now the most popular condom in Jamaica with 40% brand loyalty). You will have to look around for them though, I keep picking up more when I go the the Everything to Do with Sex Show in Toronto every year (LOL), but they do have a website: www.slamcondoms.com - should be able to find a distributor near you.

Not sure what it is about this particular condom, but from the female perspective it drives me wild - I think it's those little studs, plus it doesnt have too much lube or a weird condom smell, and you can really feel your man (and he doesnt seem to mind the ride either) ;) There is also one called THUG (a chocolate ribbed version), again great for the larger men.

Wondering if anyone has tried the Reality female condom yet - I have a couple in the house I'm supposed to 'test' and get back to some anxious friends (all in the name of sex toy parties) *giggles*. I have taken one out of the package and inspected it: it's very large with a wide outer ring that stays on the outside, while a smaller inner ring creates a long tube, which you can put in hours before sex. It's very thin and wouldn't constrict even the largest of dicks, so I would think it would be very comfortable, plus they're not made from Latex so those with allergies can use them. Check them out: http://www.undercovercondoms.com/Condoms/Types/Female/8/womens-condoms.html - if you've used one, please post!!!!!!!!!

darren2458
Jan 27, 2007, 3:00 PM
Remember though, if you using condoms for disease protection during a group thing Lambskin will not stop STD's. Lilray is right the feel great but there pregnancy reliability drops a bit.

as mentioned above - the important thing to remember about natural lambskin is that it will not protect from STDs.

my experience is limited to anal sex... but - something that i either missed on here or no one has mentioned yet though, is the other nice thing about poly condoms - you can use them with oil-based lubes if you want to... latex breaks down when you use an oil-based lubricant, whereas the poly condoms don't.

i mention it because i have a latex allergy as well as irritation resulting from most water based lubes (i also hate the sticky feeling you get when they start to dry out).

another option is the female condom. personally, i'm kind of 50/50 on this one. occasionally it does feel like you're fucking a plastic bag - lol - but you have the pleasure of not having to wrap anything around your penis at all... and they are poly as well.

NEJack
Jan 28, 2007, 1:54 PM
I guess the extra thin Lifestyle. Trojans don't fit very well - too loose. I have tried Beyond Seven thin. Japanese. Tighter but regular length. But they are a little too tight. Every penis is different. Different in size as well as appearance. So size, sensitveness and price are my criteria.

Lisa (va)
Jan 28, 2007, 2:46 PM
Not too versed on allthe brands, so I guess whichever works/feels bestto the individuals. Regardless of brand it is always best not to run out on long weekends, :)

Lisa

hugs n kisses

kitten
Feb 1, 2007, 7:27 AM
Thanks for all the great information! We will read through these together and try the suggestions! and we will definitely not run out on the next long weekend!! ;)

hugs and kisses,

spartca
Feb 2, 2007, 4:33 AM
Regarding the female condom, folks you should know that the failure rate for these is near 20%, mostly due to operator error. A lot of them get pushed in or the penis just misses the condom entirely and slips around the side. So heed my warning! Female condoms are pretty much a novelty item and for those who really know what they're doing with them!!!