PDA

View Full Version : defining love

Long Duck Dong
Jan 15, 2007, 8:02 PM
lol i love doing this... i throw it out on forums and I love the replies i get

love is nearly impossible to define in words, its so simple but so complex......so i ask people to tell how they see love.....

here are some of the most humourous comments i have seen over the years....

love ....when i realised my wife was hideous and i still wanted to stay

love... the point where i can accept my partners bad habits happily, then get him to change them without nagging at him

love.....when you realise that your partner is the only person for you..... everybody else set their standards too high

love... when you can forget your partner for almost anything.... except his dirty underpants on the floor and you step on them

love.. when you can fake a orgasm and they love it..... and love watching you get a real one from a dildo

love.... that special moment when you realise that you want this person in your life forever... and can agree not to kill the inlaws

love.... when sex becomes something else........ non existant...... and you don't care.......

so how to you define love in your life

TorontoGuy2007
Jan 15, 2007, 8:32 PM
hmmm, some interesting concepts in there.. kinda makes me realize that we should never forget the core reason why we are attracted to people..

hmmm, i only have one issue there... i kinda like dirty underwear!

marriedbiwife4u
Jan 15, 2007, 8:34 PM
This is just my opinion but love is something that words can't describe. I am able to show my love more through actions then I am words. I love you is a pretty broad term in my eyes. I tell me mother I love her and then I tell me husband I love him. I tend to show my actions more then let them flow through my lips. Love is the way you look into someone's eyes and can your fututre ahead of you. Love is the butterfly feeling you get in the pit of your stomach when your spouse or girlfriend/boyfriend wraps their arms around you. Love is the feeling when your laying in bed wrapped up in each other arms reliving the moment when you first kissed. Love comes in many shapes, forms and words. It's up to you how you show them. That's what I think love is. :female: :flag3:

TorontoGuy2007
Jan 15, 2007, 8:37 PM
wow, ironic. i just got an e-mail on this subject.. another one of these funny fwds.. i don't really agree with everything on this list, but it can be fun to share these....

***13 signs of falling in love***

13. When your on the phone with them late at night and they hang up...but you miss them already when it was just two minutes ago

12. You read their texts over and over again...

11. You walk really slow when you're with them...

10. You feel shy whenever you're with them...

9. When you think about them, your heart beats faster and faster...

8. You smile when you hear their voice...

7. When you look at them, you can't see the other people around
you... all you see is him/her...

6. You start listening to slow songs, while thinking of them...

5. They become ALL you think about...

4. You get high just from their scent...

3. You realize that you're always smiling to yourself when you think
about them...

2. You would do anything for them...

1. While reading this, there was one person on your mind the whole
time.....

ghytifrdnr
Jan 15, 2007, 9:29 PM
Hey Toronto, thanks for the list, but I submit that most of those points describe infatuation rather than love.

izzfan
Jan 15, 2007, 11:40 PM
Well, I've only had one night stands (and one 2-night stand once lol) and I don't want to end up as a 'relationship' type person lol. But nevertheless, there have been a couple of people that I've been with who I wouldn't have minded having a relationship with - one is now married/civil partnership and the other kind of got too psychological (asked me all sorts of random psychological/personal questions) with me a few days later. Nevertheless, love is a kind of warm feeling inside of you that is better than sex, drugs, drink etc... It is impossible to describe but most people have experienced it at one point in their lives. It is sort of like when you are with someone and you feel that they are too good (in terms of personality etc....) for just a one night stand. That is just my personal opinion on the subject anyway lol.

Izzfan :flag3:

rockstarvomit
Jan 16, 2007, 12:52 AM
I don't believe I've truly been in love with a partner before, so really the only kind of love I could define is the love I have for my closest friends, I can tell them anything, say anything I think of, and do what I need to do for myself, and I know that I have their support. That's how I know my friends love m and it's how I know I love them. I would go to any lengths for my closest friends, listen to anything they had to say, and do anything they asked me to. I love them regardless of gender or sexuality or political/religious views, and it's our mutual support of each other (and brutal brutal honesty!!) that let's me know that we're as good as family.

sammie19
Jan 16, 2007, 5:16 AM
As one who is in love, there is no easy way to define it, but when you are in love, you know it.

AngelOfTheMystic
Jan 16, 2007, 7:49 AM
I think that love is when you can accpet the person you are with for the good and the bad . I also agree that love is something that can't just be put into words when you are in love you just know it! Just like my friend says:

Love Like War is EasyTo Start, Can Be Rough Going Trough, But Impossible To Forget!

Herbwoman39
Jan 16, 2007, 10:26 AM
For me, love is caring more about someone else's needs and feelings than your own and putting their needs first. Not all the time of course. There is a point where that becomes unhealthy for both partners. After a while (having been married just shy of 9 years) your beloved becomes like a favorite pair of slippers. A little ratty around the edges but oh-so-comfortable.

In other words, love is putting up with little crap because you know that it's really worth it at the end of the day to have someone who is your lover, best friend and confidant hold you when you're scared or tired or just plain need a hug.

I know that I would survive without hubby, but my life would be rather diminished without him in it :)

Lorcan
Jan 16, 2007, 11:57 AM
love... when you realize you can't quit them, even if you wanted to.

what mean is....when you really mad at them, and most people would say "you're gonna change or i'm leaving"... you know you can't do that cuz you love them too much.

ambi53mm
Jan 16, 2007, 7:52 PM
Thanks once again LDD :) You always come through with the brain banging :banghead: questions LOL

Hmmmmm Love to me is energy in its purest state of being. Its unchangeable and not subject to any known laws because it’s defines itself unto itself. Its effects can be as powerful as a hurricane or as gentle as a summer breeze. It has the ability to fill and the ability to drain without any change in its own inherent power. The cause and effects of Love are like a pebble dropped into a still pond, it radiates out equally to all parts of the shoreline only to radiate back unto itself. It’s both the sense of bliss and fullness when it’s realized and sense of pain and emptiness when it’s absent. Sometimes the glass is half empty…Sometimes the glass is half full…Love not only fills the glass...Love is the glass.

Love?… LOL Haven’t got a clue.

Ambi :)

someotherguy
Jan 16, 2007, 8:34 PM
Love is a lie told by people to get what they want. :(

darkeyes
Jan 16, 2007, 8:50 PM
Love is a lie told by people to get what they want. :(
Oooooo a cynic. Immensely sad.

Lisa (va)
Jan 16, 2007, 11:43 PM
I mostly agree with Herbwoman, except I don't feel it's putting the other's feelings and desires ahead of your own, I think it's when you put them with yours at the same time: where your actions are based not on you or them, but the pairing.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Herbwoman39
Jan 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
I mostly agree with Herbwoman, except I don't feel it's putting the other's feelings and desires ahead of your own, I think it's when you put them with yours at the same time: where your actions are based not on you or them, but the pairing.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Ooooh!! Great way to put it! I couldn't find a way to say it that didn't sound horribly co-dependent.

sweetgagirl
Jan 17, 2007, 12:09 AM
Love is when you feel safe in their mouth. When they say your name you are safe in all meanings of the word. I know when my bf says my name it makes me feel like he is wrapping his arms around me. Love is when you could melt with every word they speak to you. Love is when you have no other thoughts other than that person.

This is just my :2cents:

twodelta
Jan 17, 2007, 2:40 AM
Thanks once again LDD :) You always come through with the brain banging :banghead: questions LOL

Hmmmmm Love to me is energy in its purest state of being. Its unchangeable and not subject to any known laws because it’s defines itself unto itself. Its effects can be as powerful as a hurricane or as gentle as a summer breeze. It has the ability to fill and the ability to drain without any change in its own inherent power. The cause and effects of Love are like a pebble dropped into a still pond, it radiates out equally to all parts of the shoreline only to radiate back unto itself. It’s both the sense of bliss and fullness when it’s realized and sense of pain and emptiness when it’s absent. Sometimes the glass is half empty…Sometimes the glass is half full…Love not only fills the glass...Love is the glass.

Love?… LOL Haven’t got a clue.

Incredably well said Ambi :yinyang: By the way, I hope You "love" the weather in Florida, it's kind of chilly here in Texas - Dave

ambi53mm
Jan 17, 2007, 3:36 AM
Incredably well said Ambi :yinyang: By the way, I hope You "love" the weather in Florida, it's kind of chilly here in Texas - Dave

LOL Thanks Dave actually it's a little chilly here as well at the moment the only thing keeping me warm is the heat coming from my laptop...In one short bust of energy tho I will close the windows, turn off the ceiling fan, dive under the covers and go snuggle up to my sleeping wife to borrow some of her heat...and she'll be none the wiser LOL

csrakate
Jan 17, 2007, 8:55 AM
"Love means never having to say you're sorry"!

Ooops...sorry...showing my age! LOL!!!

Hugs,
Kate

onewhocares
Jan 17, 2007, 9:12 AM
How can one post to a thread when others who have come before are far more eloquent and open hearted. I can say the Herbwoman and I have very similar opinions on the matter. To me love, true love- not infatuation,nor lust, is the giving of unconditional love to another. To see into their true soul and look beyond their imperfections as they are oblivious to mine. To want and desire only the best for them, what is right for them even if it means that love could interfere with your own desires and wants. The joy in life comes from finding someone who shares those same desires for you at the same moment in time. If we are lucky that happens when two hearts collide and sparks fly from that one special moment or when a love developes and deepens over time.

Ambi is most correct in his assesment that love radiates from all sides. It is the most honestly the glass and the water within.

Someotherguy, I feel sad that your feelings are indeed cynical.

Belle

littlerayofsunshine
Jan 23, 2007, 11:57 AM
Love is...

Not being able to close my eyes
Unless I hear his dreaming sighs
Feel his breath upon my flesh
Only till then am I to rest.

Our parting lips, leave me to want more
Soft and tender our tongues explore
Breathing in our passions deep
And in my heart, it's him, I keep

His body responsive to my whim
With all I have I give to him
Just as he would bestow the same
Freely, burning, unbound by shame

Within his eyes, I can see tomorrow
A path thats lines with laughter and sorrow
Sweet tender moments, and times of pure bliss
All of these things I dare not to miss

I love his man and he loves me
Our lives, our smiles, our bisexuality
Our souls, our spirits, and small imperfections
For us, there couldn't be a more perfect selection.

This is something I just wrote.

eeyoresgr1
Jan 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
Love is....when you can TRULY be yourself in every weird way with your partner, and they can do the same and be completley comfortable.