PDA

View Full Version : Angelina Jolie Meter

Chaia
Jan 6, 2007, 10:39 AM
I recently told my straight friend of eight years (she has been by friend for 8 years, not straight for 8 years :) ) that I am bi. She has been very understanding and we have had some interesting and good conversations. Before I came out to her, we were at a party standing around talking with several other people and somehow the topic came up of "who we were a little bit gay for". Someone brought up Angelina Jolie and the other bi girl there and I both enthusiastically agreed that she was hot! My friend has never understood why I thought Angelina Jolie was hot, but then when she found out I am bi and the other friend at the party is bi and we are both into Angelina, she decided to ask around about Ms. Jolie. So, she has asked several people if they think Angelina is hot and all of the bi and lesbian women think she is and all of the straight women do not. Interesting. Now, she has made it her mission to ask all of the women she knows what they think of Angelina and I called it the "Angelina Jolie Meter."

Here are my questions: 1. How many women here think that Angelina Jolie is incredibly sexy? and 2. Is there a male actor that could be used for a meter with men? (I thought maybe Johnny Depp...)

twodelta
Jan 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
.....2. Is there a male actor that could be used for a meter with men? (I thought maybe Johnny Depp...)

Hey Chaia - Sorry that Your first responce is a guy. I know that's not what You were looking for, but what the hell :eek: Let me tell You something about me that may provide clarity to what I'll say. I am Biromantic, Bisexual, and Hetroplatonic. With that being said, I whole heartedly agree with Your view of Ms. Jolie. And might I add another name to that list, Jessica Alba :drool:

As for guys, From a guys standpoint, yes, Johnny Depp would definately be high on the list. Another guy to drool over(although not as good an actor) would be Pierce Brosnan. And actually, Adam Sandler ain't bad either. - Dave

stroker
Jan 6, 2007, 11:41 AM
[QUOTE=Chaia] she has asked several people if they think Angelina is hot and all of the bi and lesbian women think she is and all of the straight women do not.

why would a straight woman think angelina is hot? surely a straight woman wouldn't find any female hot.
as for a male equivalent, i'd imagine her husband would be quite a close comparison.

Mrs.F
Jan 6, 2007, 1:15 PM
I'll be the first straight female to say that I think Angelina is a very beautiful and hot woman. I also think that Jennifer Aniston is beautiful also....as well as many others. However, with that being said..I do not find that I am sexually attracted to them, just that I think they are hot....and yes, I wish I looked like them. :rolleyes:

Mrs. Taz
Jan 6, 2007, 2:14 PM
yes she is hot, and ....what about tom cruise?

mcliff128
Jan 6, 2007, 3:18 PM
Angelina totally rocks, also a good choice would be Carmen Elektra. As for the guys maybe Brad Pitt or Owen Wilson, too many to choice from.

Mrs.F
Jan 6, 2007, 3:27 PM

Tom Cruise is one guy I could live without. Now Jake Gyllenhaal...I would dump Flounder for....lol.

LouiseBrookslover
Jan 6, 2007, 3:31 PM
You and me both, Mrs F.

.....now put me in a sandwich between Jake AND Maggie....ok, I know that's wrong on so many levels.

Gemini25
Jan 6, 2007, 3:38 PM
Angelina is very hot...... But what about Ashley Judd, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman.... All Very Sexy, and Hot women........ As for the men my all time favorite HOT Sexy male actor would have to be Stephen Baldwin...Very sexy very hot...Too bad we lost him to religion..... other hot male actors...Keanu Reeves, Matthew McConaughey, and Johny Depp. :2cents:

LouiseBrookslover
Jan 6, 2007, 3:39 PM
Here are my questions: 1. How many women here think that Angelina Jolie is incredibly sexy? and 2. Is there a male actor that could be used for a meter with men? (I thought maybe Johnny Depp...)

A young Sean Connery would be a good meter. Whether most men would admit it or not.

RebekaLee
Jan 6, 2007, 5:38 PM
Angelina = hotness!!! haha i've always had a weakness for her. have you seen Gia?? yummmmm

as for guys...i really like johnny depp. was never a big brad pitt or tom cruise fan. i think alot of my man attractivness is also by what characers they play in the movies. like john cusack...i love him!

bigirl_inwv
Jan 6, 2007, 6:14 PM
ahhhh....Gia.....I love that movie!!! And I love Angelina!! She is gorgeous!!! Besides that, my celebrity crush has to be Jenna Jameson. As soon as gay marriage is legalized we are getting married...she just doesnt know that yet.

Guys...I would 100% agree with Johnny Depp and throw in George Clooney. yum.

And I think most straight women dont find Angelina attractive because she is drop dead gorgeous. And that would mean that women would have to admit that she is prettier than they are. Its an ego thing I do believe.

Herbwoman39
Jan 6, 2007, 9:46 PM
Tom Cruise is one guy I could live without. Now Jake Gyllenhaal...I would dump Flounder for....lol.

Jake is good, Johnny Depp. definitely, Sean Connary 20 years ago is gorgious too. How about the actor that plays Hiro Nakamura <sp?> on NBC's "Heros"? I love his personality and the future Hiro is HOT!

Angelina is, most assuredly at the top of my list. I also love Tracie Thoms (Joann from RENT). Now I would definitely sleep with her if I had the chance.

writersblock
Jan 7, 2007, 7:34 AM
With regard to the young Sean Connery point can I be the first man here to admit it :tong:

ambi53mm
Jan 7, 2007, 7:54 AM
There is now a pic circualting showing Angelina as the Virgin Mary hoveing over a Walmart...that artist needs a check up from the neck up but it goes to show that life is sometimes stranger than fiction..my meter just went limp.

Ambi :)

kitten
Jan 7, 2007, 8:43 AM
yes, Angelina Jolie is hot and sexy and a "top" to me.
Also like Sandra Bullock, and Audrey Hepburn.
Men, yes, Johnny Depp, Keanu Reeves and any age Sean Connery can whisper in my ear anytime!

I think straight women don't like Angelina because she is always such a strong character (making her my top). They are threatened by her rather than challenged.

Chaia
Jan 7, 2007, 11:47 AM
There is now a pic circualting showing Angelina as the Virgin Mary hoveing over a Walmart...that artist needs a check up from the neck up but it goes to show that life is sometimes stranger than fiction..my meter just went limp.

Ambi :)

I will endeavor to NOT see that picture! Don't want my fantasy to suffer!

Thanks for the input--I agree that straight women don't like Angelina because she is so strong and overtly sexual--perhaps it is threatening to them.

Herbwoman39
Jan 7, 2007, 12:01 PM
I just HAD to go see that painting. It's flippin hilarious! Especially when taken in the context it was intended to be taken in: a commentary on celebrity worship.

You've got the Wal-Mart customers (a metaphor for the common man) under the beutific, compassionate gaze of a Angelina holding Shiloh with her other two children on either side of her. One is depicted as angelic while the other is shown as demonic. The children can be used to represent either the good she's doing now and her former poor behavior or they can be used as an indicator of the pros and cons of "celebrity worship".

It's an interesting interpretation, but not worth the price tag that the artist put on it, in my opinion.

Avocado
Jan 8, 2007, 6:00 AM
Probably Keanu for me

Just_Gem
Jan 8, 2007, 6:28 AM
I agree that Angelina is hot, as are all the others mentioned but Halle Berry is SIZZLIN' - especially as Cat Woman!!! MEOW! WOOF! WOOF! :tongue:

As for who the guys think is sexy I'll leave that to hubby :bigrin:

Gem

curiousmel24
Jan 8, 2007, 8:38 AM
Angelina is definitely my number one fantasy........as far as guys either Matthew McConaughey or Antonio Bandares!!

warmpuppy
Jan 8, 2007, 10:14 AM

Cruise has fallen into the same category as Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan. When your intellectual capacity matches that of a turnip, then you cease to be attractive.

meteast chick
Jan 8, 2007, 10:37 AM
Okay, so I go around when people ask me if she is hot and say emphatically no. That's only because of what that painting represents, which is viewing celebrities as gods, unattainable idols. If I'm honest...yeah, she's hot. Not just hot, the woman is beautiful. If she had been surgically altered, I'd still say she's beautiful, but through medicine. But the fact remains that she hasn't, she has tattoos all over her body, her face is to die for, she's anti-establishment (down with the man!), but yet helps world humanity. Damn, Brad should either consider himself lucky, or be afraid...very afraid...

As far as guys go, going by looks alone, I've always been a Jude Law fan.

That's my :2cents:
luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxo
meteast

To_by
Jan 8, 2007, 3:42 PM
Hugh Jackman is pretty hot... :rolleyes:

DiamondDog
Jan 8, 2007, 4:00 PM
Hugh Jackman is pretty hot... :rolleyes:
yeah I'm not into celebrity worship at all but he is handsome. :)

AubergineCow
Jan 8, 2007, 4:26 PM
I guess I'm the only bi/lesbian woman here who thinks Ms Jolie is rather...well....ugly. Now Monica Bellucci, on the other hand.... :drool:

smonique
Jan 8, 2007, 4:34 PM
I think that she is attractive but not really beautiful. She does however have alot of sex appeal.

dundeebi_guy
Jan 8, 2007, 4:52 PM
As a guy, I have to say I find Angelina Jolie to be one of the sexiest women alive.

RebekaLee
Jan 8, 2007, 6:57 PM
Angelina is, most assuredly at the top of my list. I also love Tracie Thoms (Joann from RENT). Now I would definitely sleep with her if I had the chance.

Rent the movie or Rent the broadway production?? if movie then yes i agree. i do'nt really know the one from broadway. i love joanne and maureens song Take Me or Leave Me

huz24
Jan 8, 2007, 7:07 PM
I recently told my straight friend of eight years (she has been by friend for 8 years, not straight for 8 years :) ) that I am bi. She has been very understanding and we have had some interesting and good conversations. Before I came out to her, we were at a party standing around talking with several other people and somehow the topic came up of "who we were a little bit gay for". Someone brought up Angelina Jolie and the other bi girl there and I both enthusiastically agreed that she was hot! My friend has never understood why I thought Angelina Jolie was hot, but then when she found out I am bi and the other friend at the party is bi and we are both into Angelina, she decided to ask around about Ms. Jolie. So, she has asked several people if they think Angelina is hot and all of the bi and lesbian women think she is and all of the straight women do not. Interesting. Now, she has made it her mission to ask all of the women she knows what they think of Angelina and I called it the "Angelina Jolie Meter."

where do we start, angeline jolie

she is sooooooooooooo hot, her lips her frame, legs lips lips
but i hav 2 add if ne one can tell me does many ladies like demi moore

these got 2 be my 2 fav hotties :tongue:

BlissNoire
Jan 13, 2007, 12:53 AM
Jake is good, Johnny Depp. definitely, Sean Connary 20 years ago is gorgious too. How about the actor that plays Hiro Nakamura <sp?> on NBC's "Heros"? I love his personality and the future Hiro is HOT!

I am *SO* with you on that, Herbwoman! Hiro is so amazing looking as "FUture Hiro" I love that show. ;)

genera101.2
Jan 20, 2007, 1:27 AM
i didn't think much about her until andra and some of her girlfriends showed me gia. now i understand. my ex-wife who now in her present marriage is a closet bi, has reveled to me that she is in love with angelina. i loved her and wynona in "girl interupted." i agree with depp, and cruise (aside from his recent stupidity). loved cruise and kidman in "eyes wide shut."
:flag3:

Fresia
Apr 8, 2015, 4:44 PM
Bump it up!

charles-smythe
Apr 8, 2015, 10:06 PM
A young Sean Connery would be a good meter. Whether most men would admit it or not....even the old Sean Connery is hot...also densil Washington...will smith...

Annika L
Apr 9, 2015, 1:02 AM
Angelina is quite an attractive woman, I agree. My top, though? No, I'm afraid not...not even just among women.

Johnny Depp? Sean Connery? Yup...both pretty damned hot among men.