PDA

View Full Version : Are we all Bisexual???

486Master
Jan 3, 2007, 7:25 PM
Now here's a thought,

Are we from birth, Bisexual, and then become straight/gay as we grow up into adults..

kittylovers
Jan 3, 2007, 7:39 PM
Our sexuality doesn't develop until puberty. As for orientation, I believe quite a bit of it is due to our environment and the experiences we encouter as we age. Quite a bit of it also has to do with society. In the past, anything but hetersoxuality was frowned upon. I feel that many who had various desires never explored them due to this.

wildgal70
Jan 3, 2007, 8:06 PM
My opinion only....I think we choose if we want to be bi, straight or gay/les. I was never into girls until a few years ago. I just thought it would be fun and interesting to make out with a girl, and I was right! I love the guys, don't get me wrong, but we women ROCK!

Herbwoman39
Jan 3, 2007, 8:14 PM
I think that we choose the feelings we act on, but I disagree that we choose our sexuality. There has been a debate for years as to whether sexuality is the product of our genetics/chromosome makeup or our environment. I believe that it is a combination of the two. I think that we are born with an inclination and our upbringing and experiences with society help move us in a specific direction via our choices.

Of course we can always choose to ignore or suppress those inclinations in favor of a sexual preference that is more societally acceptable. However personal experience has taught me that once the awareness is there, we can only suppress for so long before something gives way.

Long Duck Dong
Jan 4, 2007, 5:33 AM
lol I am inclined to believe we are naturally bisexuals at birth... we have none of the social conditioning and influencing...that a few years of year will bring us

but i am saying that in a non sexual sense..... we have no real reasoning of females and females.... just * mum * and *dad *...and its not til we get older that we start to learn about and try to understand sex, sexual natures, sexuality and sexual innuendos

and its not really until our teens and the * mad hormone * stage, that we really get put in the spotlight as to our sexual attractions and desires lol

FlaSmoothie
Jan 4, 2007, 7:43 AM
Short answer: YES! As we develop, we tend to lean more one way or the other, and some of us stay right down the middle, enjoying both worlds equally. But I am convinced that the vast majority of people are, in fact, bisexual adults, whether they admit it or not. Most people are uncomfortable with the "bi" label, and prefer one camp or the other. Go figure.
:)

glantern954
Jan 4, 2007, 11:47 AM
I think it is important to mention that it is generally uncool to project our own feelings onto others. Just as many of us would be offended at the notion that all bisexuals are really gay, many gay people would be offended by taking away their identity.

I realize this isn't the intent behind this thread but we should be careful here and more importantly In the real world when discussing this.

twodelta
Jan 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
......Just as many of us would be offended at the notion that all bisexuals are really gay, many gay people would be offended by taking away their identity.

Good point, gl. In that light, I can only speak for myself. I believe that I am the same person now as I was at birth. Therefore, I would say that I was born Bi both relationship wise and sexually. Platonically, I tend to be hetro. That's the way I have been ever since I can remember. Not something that society or mom and dad taught me, just who I am - Dave

open2both
Jan 4, 2007, 4:48 PM
Uh...YEAH!!! :yikes2:

DiamondDog
Jan 4, 2007, 11:27 PM
I think it is important to mention that it is generally uncool to project our own feelings onto others. Just as many of us would be offended at the notion that all bisexuals are really gay, many gay people would be offended by taking away their identity.

I realize this isn't the intent behind this thread but we should be careful here and more importantly In the real world when discussing this.

Agreed.
This "we're all like this but people who identify as het/gay are just blinded/programmed by society..." idea about bisexuality is just as ignorant as saying how bisexuality doesn't exist at all, and obviously if everyone really was this way, people wouldn't react with disdain/disbelief about bisexuality.

To_by
Jan 4, 2007, 11:33 PM
:angel: :angel: When I was a little kid of about six I asked my mother whether angels were boys or girls. She answered, "Angels aren't any gender -- they're neither." I knew very deep down inside me that she was wrong, and that angels are both female and male. That's getting pretty archetypal.