PDA

View Full Version : Canadian court rules a child can legally have three parents

Brian
Jan 3, 2007, 5:42 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2007/01/03/twomom-court.html

It seems like a sound and obvious decision given the changes in society and medicine the last generation or two.

- Drew :paw:

Herbwoman39
Jan 3, 2007, 6:13 PM
All I can say is 'It's about bloody time!'.

Long Duck Dong
Jan 3, 2007, 8:04 PM
lol... I am impressed.....lol

they are putting the needs and well being of the child over and above the ideas of religion nuts and adoption ruling opponents

I wish more countries would follow suit....

spartca
Jan 3, 2007, 8:32 PM
I wonder how it will hold up for two men and a woman?

Lisa (va)
Jan 4, 2007, 2:10 PM
Bravo !

Legal system using logic, think you could get some sent to the states/

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Azrael
Jan 4, 2007, 2:17 PM
Heh, Cool.

tatooedpunk
Jan 5, 2007, 7:55 PM
This is probably the most contraversial thing i will say on this site,
please try to understand.I am bisexual i have gay and lesbian friends but i dont think a child can have a grounded life living with same sex parents,
feel free to prove me wrong,but you need role models from all sides.
I have been open minded all my life, but only just became a parent

glantern954
Jan 5, 2007, 8:15 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are forgetting that parents are only one of many role models a child will have during it's development. There are plenty of children of single parents that aren't any less "normal" or adjusted than children of 2 parents.

Don't even get me started on 2 parent families, where one or both are abusive.

please try to understand.I am bisexual i have gay and lesbian friends but i dont think a child can have a grounded life living with same sex parents,

spartca
Jan 5, 2007, 8:16 PM

All the more reason to have multiple-adult families with a nice variety of lovestyles, sexual orientations, musical abilities, etc. Two really isn't enough parents in my opinion.

Nate9
Jan 6, 2007, 1:44 AM
I'm not sure how a child would develop having three equally responsible parents (of any sex) I think for me the old idiom holds true; two is a couple, three is a crowd. I'm all for multi-parenting in theory, i'm not at all morally apposed, but i'd like to see how children develop in that kind of atmosphere. Part of me wonders whether they might suffer from being 'just another face in the crowd'.

personally if I found the right man and woman, i'd be more than happy to raise a child, no matter who's sperm the child actually came from. Perhaps we could have one of each, or one from each womb if it was me and two women. There would be considerable benefits to having 3 parents. More money for a start, more people to share the burden that young children bring on thier parents, at least one parent would be able to get some sleep during the first year as well :tong:

but like I say, i'm kind of a skeptic waiting to be converted

tatooedpunk
Jan 6, 2007, 7:15 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are forgetting that parents are only one of many role models a child will have during it's development. There are plenty of children of single parents that aren't any less "normal" or adjusted than children of 2 parents.

Don't even get me started on 2 parent families, where one or both are abusive.

Different story with single parents, my mum brought four of us up after my "dad" left. I may be slightly blinkered as the father of a toddler who wants his mum for some things and his dad for others.
Abuse does not have a sex or orientation, my early years were all but destroyed by an abusive father