PDA

View Full Version : EMAIL SCAM Messages on Bisexual.com

Tocowboycub
Jan 3, 2007, 2:30 PM
The attached message is EMAIL SCAM, used to get your banking information. Best to delete the message if you recieve it on here or via email.
Cheers

From John Michael

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From John Michael
johnmichael_6060@yahoo.com
Tell;+22505103844.
Abidjan,Cote d'ivoire
West africa
Dear,
INTRODUCING MYSELF, I AM JOHN MICHAEL, THE ONLY
SON OF THE LATE MR AND MRS MICHAEL.
I wish to request for your assistance in a financial
transaction. Dear I get your contact from a member of
this your sit.I wish to invest in Manufacturing and
real estate management in your country.

I have twelve million,five houndred thousand united
state dollarls.USD($12.500,000) to invest in the
transaction and I will require your assistance
in receiving the funds in your account in your
country. I will gladly give you 15% of the total sum
for your assistance.
please it is important you contact me immediately on
my private e-mail address (johnmichael_6060@yahoo.com)
for further explanation.

Awaiting your immediate response and God bless.
Regards
JOHN MICHAEL.

becksbolero
Jan 3, 2007, 2:40 PM
I just got it too,i was quite amazed that the perpetrator managed to get in in my inbox!!!!!!!!!!!!

clubber
Jan 3, 2007, 2:59 PM
I received it as well and I hope that the sender is permanently banished from the site. That's the last thing we need in here.

Tocowboycub
Jan 3, 2007, 3:07 PM
Agreed, Clubber.

chulainn2
Jan 3, 2007, 3:59 PM
I just cant believe this scam is still going around the net. It's over 12 yrs old and people still far for it. Its probably from Nigeria.
I can no longer feel sorry for moorons, I just wish when they throw away their savings that some would fall in my account.

happyjoe68
Jan 3, 2007, 4:44 PM
The "419" scam is as old as the hills

I particularly love reading the atrocious grammar and turns-of-phrase these guys use.

If you want some good examples, go to www.theregister.co.uk and search for "419" - there's no end to these scammers inventiveness

Hello_go
Jan 3, 2007, 5:08 PM
I got it too, but I replied and now I have $1,875,000 in my bank account - the 15% as promised. Since it is a scam, do you think I have to give it back?

Naw, just kidding :-)

Brian
Jan 3, 2007, 5:39 PM
There are no members using that email address or name. Are you guys sure it is coming through bisexual.com? If so, I think the display email address will show as "<username> @ bisexual.com". Please tell me what username they are using or forward the email to me at drew twenty-two @ bisexual.com (remove the spaces and change the text to a number).

- Drew :paw:

kittylovers
Jan 3, 2007, 7:28 PM
DOH! I just gave him all my personal info, and now I find it's a scam!

JUST KIDDING!!!

tydwater51
Jan 3, 2007, 8:40 PM
I think this is also called the "Nigerian Scam". I have gotten dozens of variations, usually in my Spam In-box. Sad that anyone would fall for that, but then we all fell for the WMD bit didn't we? :-)

chulainn2
Jan 3, 2007, 9:14 PM
but then we all fell for the WMD bit didn't we? :-)

Well, that would be easy considering the amounts of mustard gas Saddam launched on the Iranians. Don't be smug or naive, he has some very nasty shit that probaby was shopped over to Syria or Iran before our invasion.
No doubt coming to a theatre near you.

Rickh611
Jan 4, 2007, 6:31 AM
I get them all the time I even have my spam filter set to high and those sneaky bastards still find there way into my inbox. This is nothing but a scam I saw it on 60 minutes its a bunch of guys in a room in another country just scamming away on computers hoping some sucker takes the bait and unfortunately some do its a shame how people take advantage these days.

m.in.heels&hose
Jan 4, 2007, 6:27 PM
to answer you dreqw, yes its coming in to our profile message box

i got it today and i deleted it, and i was wondering how is the best way to contact you (drew) if you like, i'll try to retreivce it and send it to you

i was a little freaked out as to how this person got the info to contact me here on this site

thank you drew, for you looking into this for us!!!

m.in.heels&hose
Jan 4, 2007, 6:32 PM
Im sorry drew, i cant retrieve that message but the copy above is exactly what i had recieved in my profile message box

thank you again!!!

m.in.heels&hose

Brian
Jan 4, 2007, 7:28 PM
If they are appearing in your Private Messages box here on this site, which seems to be the case, then yes they are definitely coming through this site. The person is viewing your profile then clicking on the "Send this person a Private Message" link.

So I just need to know the sender's username to banish them to oblivion. If anyone else gets one of these messages please click on the Contact Us button which appears at the bottom of every page to let me know their username.

Thanks!

- Drew :paw:

clubber
Jan 4, 2007, 9:07 PM
I received the exact same message Drew and immediately deleted it. I will be sure to forward it on the next time.

m.in.heels&hose
Jan 5, 2007, 6:50 AM
ditto as to what clubber said too!!!!!

littlerayofsunshine
Jan 5, 2007, 8:35 AM
This John Michael sure gets around. This doesn't solve the who dunnit. But its quite the funny read. This guy Frank, screws with the artists. John Michael and many more.

John Michael meets Frank Rizzo (http://www.419zeros.com/letters/john.htm)

taz67156
Jan 7, 2007, 7:51 PM
I hate people that scam others and the site is the last place they should be cause they want to cause nothing but drama so we should have something in the TOS about scammers.

Star Gazer
Jan 8, 2007, 11:07 PM
I told them once they send me a check for 10,000,000 I will be able to think about helping them.

BiGuyinTX
Jan 10, 2007, 12:42 PM
An illuminating article recently on the number 420 stirred a certain feeling of unease among some people who noticed a chilling sequential relationship between this new number of the beast and Nigeria's favourite numeral: 419.

Were, I wondered, the two in some way related? Was the dark hand of conspiracy at the the controls of a black helicopter so vast that the mere thought of it might obscure the midday sun?

In short: yes.

419 is, as some regular Internet users know, commonly used to abbreviate Section 419 of the Nigerian Penal code relating to advance fee fraud. Hence 419 scam, 419er, and so forth.

It's also the year in which the Visigoths invaded Spain (AD), a London bus route between Richmond and Hammersmith, an area code in northwest Ohio, and the number of a 2003 Scottish Statutory Instrument relating to regulation concerning the importation of peanuts from China.

A pattern is beginning to emerge.

Let's consider 419 as a date: April 19th in the US (September 41st in the UK). On that day in 1012, St Alphege* was martyred in Greenwich, London, while in 1587 Sir Francis Drake specifically chose 4/19 to sink the Spanish fleet in Cadiz harbour. Here's more, courtesy of Wikipedia:

04/19/1692 - Bridget Bishop goes on trial in Salem, Massachusetts for witchcraft.
04/19/1904 - Much of Toronto, Ontario, Canada, is destroyed by fire.
04/19/1927 - Mae West is sentenced to 10 days in jail for obscenity for her play Sex.
04/19/1961 - The Bay of Pigs invasion of Cuba ends in failure.
04/19/1971 - Charles Manson is sentenced to life in prison for the Sharon Tate murders.
04/19/1980 - In The Hague, Netherlands, Johnny Logan wins the twenty-fifth Eurovision Song Contest for Ireland singing What's Another Year.
04/19/1993 - The 50-day siege of the Branch Davidian building outside Waco, TX, ends when a fire breaks out. Eighty-one people die.
04/19/1995 - Oklahoma City bombing: The Alfred P Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City is bombed, killing 168.

That's right: the event, considered by many to be the blackest of the 20th century, took place on April 19, 1980, when Johnny Logan secured the Eurovision crown, effectively sounding the death knell for a musical Pax Britannica under which the citizens of Europe had enjoyed years of high-quality, undemanding melody.

But it was long before 1980 that the number 419 made its first artistic appearance. The warning from history came in the form of 1933 film The Girl in 419 - a melodramatic tale of hospitals, gangsters and vigilante sawbones.

What's the significance of the year 1933? It began badly when Adolf Hitler was appointed Chancellor of Germany on 30 January. On the very same day, the first radio episode of The Lone Ranger was broadcast. The series would eventually run for 2,956 episodes, a figure which, when divided by 419, gives 7:05 - the exact time of the first modern sighting of the Loch Ness monster on 2 May - an event which in turn played no small part in the Paraguayan declaration of war on Bolivia on the 10th of the same month.

And if you're still not convinced, consider this: it was in 419 BC that Sparta attacked Argos. Why a Greek city state would want to assault a UK domestic goods retail chain is unclear, although this transcribed stone tablet from the time closes the conspiracy circle:

GOOD DAY SIR:

I AM MRS MARIAM ABACHA TAYLOR, WIDOW OF THE LATE CHARLES TALYOR OF ARGOS. DUE TERRIBLE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING SPARTAN ATTACK ON CITY (READ HERE PLEASE)

http://www.thespartandailynews.gr/homenews/argos_ass_kicked.html

AFTER WHICH I ESCAPE TO SAFETY ONLY ABOARD RED CROSS CHARIOT WHILE HUSBAND THROWN INTO GORGE IN GHOSTLY DEATH INCIDENT, I AM LOOKING TRUSTWORTHY PARTNER TO COLLECT 13,000,000 (THIRTEEN MILLION) GOLD PIECES DEPOSITED BY DEAD HUSBAND FOR SAFEKEEP IN ATHENS BANK FACILITY.

FOR YOUR HELP AND ASSISTANCE I WILL GIVE 5% (FIVE PER CENT) OF ALL SHECKELS AFTER DUE EXPENSES SUBTRACTED. DUE TO THE CONFIDENTIAL NATURE OF THIS BUSINESS, I ASK DO NOT DISCUSS WITH OTHER PERSON.

IF I CAN, GOD HOPES, TRUST YOU IN THIS MATTER, PLEASE RESPOND ON CLAY TABLET FOR SPEED.

YOURS IN DESPERATE,

MARIAM ABACHA TAYLOR (MRS)

Footnote: St. Alphege was a noted cleric captured in Canterbury by marauding Danes who demanded a three thousand pound for his release. When they didn't get the cash, they hit him with an axe and then beat him to death. Whether the Danes in question had acquaintances in Lagos is not recorded.

AngelOfTheMystic
Jan 10, 2007, 12:56 PM
Thank you for letting us know about this...I haven't gotten that e-mail yet. but if I do I will be sure to stay away!

sandydog99999
Jan 10, 2007, 1:27 PM
They can have my account number.I only have a dollar in it anyway. :tong:

darkeyes
Jan 10, 2007, 3:20 PM
duz ne 1 get caught out by these ne more???

luvrnpa
Jan 10, 2007, 3:49 PM
I hope not. This scam and/or variations of have been around for years. I've even gotten them with my full name in bold letters! never answered them. Play the lottery tho! (lol).

hudson9
Jan 10, 2007, 4:16 PM
but then we all fell for the WMD bit didn't we? :-)

...Don't be smug or naive, he has some very nasty shit that probaby was shopped over to Syria or Iran before our invasion....

Not impossible, but HIGHLY unlikely. There was one ex-Sadam General that claimed that, but all of his specific claims have been discredited (undoubtedly trying to ingratiate himself w/ the new bosses...). Michael Kay's WMD search team look for evidence that weapons/materials were shipped to Syria, and found none...

OK, enough of that -- now back to the fun stuff... (!)

wanderingrichard
Jan 11, 2007, 12:18 AM
ok,
just took the time to read all this, and, well, guess am lucky i didnt get the message ...btw, what was the message, anyways?? from reading the posts that didnt stray off topic, it sounds like the old "help me, Help Me" from west africa..which, to answer someones question, still gets sent around and still gets answered by gullible people..

TrimBeardHairyBod
Jan 11, 2007, 11:38 AM
Hey, Steve

Check your in-box again. I e-mailed you on September 2nd but you never replied. Hope you didn't think I was a scam!

John