PDA

View Full Version : Bisexual Couple Retreat

leizy
Dec 29, 2006, 1:44 PM
So - my wife and I have discussed trying to organize a retreat weekend for bisexual couples. Not as a swing party or anything, but mostly as a way for people to meet other couples dealing with similar issues. Could have some breakout discussion groups, stuff like that. This is mostly b/c we, as do others I think, would like to meet other folks who know better where we're coming from...

Not to be snotty, but I'm really envisioning this to be for those couples where one or more person is bisexual, and their bisexuality has been "work" for the individual and couple. I'm not envisioning this to be thing for those swinger couples where the wife has sex with girls at parties while the guy watches (that's great, for them, but not what this is about).

What do you think? Would people be into this? I could see doing it regionally, and putting out ads and notices with bi and poly groups. Maybe "taking over" a bed and breakfast or something.

cheers.
david

Long Duck Dong
Dec 29, 2006, 5:53 PM
* grins *... wanna get over run????

seriously dude, I would be surprised if you don't get swamped.....
some couples may freak at the idea of a retreat, as they may prefer hiding things behind closed doors.... but I know a good deal would prefer the chance to get outta town and away from * normal * life and love the chance to see interaction with other bisexual / bisexual friendly people

it would also help to raise the image of the bisexual above the level of sexual swinger....and help the non bisexual partner see, how its about friendship and support for each other and not just sexual

one thing i struggle with, is all i can suggest to people, is the local LGBT support groups etc.....a idea like yours would be something that ( if I lived in your area ), i would be quick to jump and and recommend to couples... I fully hope that you do find a good and strong response.... and that your idea lifts up off the game and starts a trend

Flounder1967
Dec 29, 2006, 6:08 PM
I like the Idea, bur people have tried to do this before.

I really tough trying get a date and then people to actully attend.

Anyway my wife and i would be intrested. if it works into our schedule.

FalconAngel
Dec 29, 2006, 6:33 PM
We agree with Flounder on this. It is a great idea if you can get it to work.

We ran a Bi group for our area, but couldn't get enough people to attend any event that we or our members tried to organize.

The problem is that there are too many "all show and no go" people out there, that the ones who walk their talk are too scattered to be able to properly organize a proper event like you are talking about.

However, we would love to attend one if it were close enough for us to go to and we had the time off for it.

mannysg
Dec 29, 2006, 8:46 PM
It's a great idea. something that I'd be interested in, if it were close to me. But like Flounder and Falcon said, it may be tough to make it happen.

PolyLoveTriad
Dec 29, 2006, 10:35 PM
I think my hubby and I would be intrested also, if it wasnt too hard to get a 80 foot long truck and trailer to lol we arent 'out' as bi to anyone in our family or friends, so it would be nice to be able to openly talk about issues and really just to meet new people and make new friends as well. Keep me posted in what you would decide. I could possibly even help organize.

vip2469
Dec 29, 2006, 10:56 PM
We agree it is not easy to get folks to attend. We arranged a weekend get together in PA. About 30 people attended and we all had a great time.

kitten
Dec 30, 2006, 9:54 AM
An awesome idea!
In our city, there is a chapter of Binet that keeps a yahoo web group going. The group meets once a month for TGIB (Thank Goodness I'm Bi) happy hour on a Friday night. They place cards on the tables in a room of the club for newcomers to easily find them and it is a nice social time. Anything else is up to the individuals after they leave the event. Then, some of the women have a monthly brunch for the same reason: to meet and greet, share good food and talk. Most times there are only 20 to 30 people at the happy hours and the brunch gets 5 to 8 attendees. The men have a separate event, too, but I forget what it is called or what they do. That may be a small number but it is working. It is a time to share and be together. This might be a jump start to a more organized event like Leizy is describing.
Good Luck!

billy_campbell
Dec 30, 2006, 10:31 AM
FYI - below is an email sent out to yahoo group I am a member of, this guy does bisexual and gay parties. You might want to contact him for ideas or suggestions.

To: YoungerandOlderMenMeetingBare@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2006 4:49:15 PM
Subject: [YoungerandOlderMenMeetingBare] Clothing Optional Pool Parties

Hope that you might be interested in parties that are held on my sm.
but private 52 ac farm outside of Fredericksburg, Va. and are
clothing optional.

These parties for Bi & Gay Guys are held monthly.

There are separate parties for Bi Couples, Bi Females and select # of
Bi Guys.

Camping available with 15-30amp hookups as well as inside. Some of
these parties are for in shape guys 19-49 with a few exceptions. A
small donation is suggested.

We also have parties for Bi and Gay Guys from 19 to 99 too. We will
provide: Condoms & lube, Snacks, soft drink & ice + buffet dinner and
those overnighters a continental breakfast. No drugs allowed, poppers
OK, smoking permitted outside & other designated location inside. Set
Ups & cooler provided. Please label yours. ++

For your enjoyment there is an indoor and outdoor pool hot tub,
sauna, small dungeon with sling, Fantasy Rm with video viewing, adult
toys, bondage bench, St Andrews Cross, examining table, outdoor sling
and more.

Also there is space for those that want to stay over in the house too
or Bunk House. These are 1-3 day/night weekend parties. e mail me for
more info and an 'application' to join. Ask for Bi Couples/
Bi Females/Bi Guys application or separate Bi & Gay Guys application
to poolboy4u_2000@ yahoo.com

Herbwoman39
Dec 30, 2006, 2:09 PM
This is one of the many myriad of reasons that I despise living in Melbourne, FL. There is ABSOLUTELY nothing even vaguely resembling a Bi group here. I am SO jealous of all you guys that get to do such cool stuff!

If it was at the right time of year and we could manage it, I believe Hubby and i would attend, David. Sometimes I wonder which one of us the past two years have been harder for. being able to talk to other couples face to face about these things would be wonderful.