PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

LoveLion
Dec 29, 2006, 12:36 AM
I did it today. I came out. I just couldn't keep it in anymore. I phoned my sister earlier today and she said something that made me blurt it out. I wasnt planning on it, it just came out! So we had a great talk and she was so great about it. That insedent really got me thinking and her encouraging words inspired me. My parents were lying in bed reading and I came in and asked them "Mom, Dad, you would want me to be open with you right?" they said "Of course" so I told them. We had a half hour talk. At first they were suprised and I had to convince them that it isnt just some phase Im going through and that I have always liked men equally as much and for the same reasons I like women. They accepted it and were good about it. Im so glad to get it all off my chest and it feels good. I just had to tell someone so here I am! I also wanted to say thank you to every simgle one of you. You guys and gals have helped me so much and inspired me so much, I would not have been able to go through with it if it wernt for your advice, stories and love. Thank you!

PS. And now I can finally update to sexual orientation part of my MySpace lol!

Jorge881091
Dec 29, 2006, 12:45 AM
NICE MAN!! im so happy for you, took courage! i wouldnt know but i would figure lol.

If only i was as brave as you :(

miamiguy4phun
Dec 29, 2006, 1:30 AM
Congrats! I know that feeling right after you come out. I recently came out to my gf and she took it rather well. How's that weight lifted off you feel? Really happy for you!

Long Duck Dong
Dec 29, 2006, 2:10 AM
awww hell, pass the tissues somebody..... I love seeing so much inter family support and understanding...... makes me wanna change families...

lovelion, it's awesome to see you receive the same support from your own family, that you give to others on the forum....hugs ya heaps

Nara_lovely
Dec 29, 2006, 7:40 AM
I get such a wonderful buzz from reading posts like this.

If a 'coming out' goes well or not; what I admire most, is the individuals who take the time to understand themselves, and grow from that understanding.
The freedom within your spirit, from being true to yourself!!

:bipride: Fly, be free!

codybear3
Dec 29, 2006, 9:06 AM
Good for you...Having the weight off your shoulders is great, ain't it? Wish you all the best... :paw: :paw:

Tocowboycub
Dec 29, 2006, 1:00 PM
Congrats Lovelion ! I came out to my parents as gay (my bi-side is just emerging now) just a year or so younger than you are now, and 20 (ahem) years later, I still remember the feeling of relief.

Not meaning to put a damper on things, but if your parents are like most, they will need time to absorb this revelation. If you want my :2cents: , be prepared for more conversations. Once this sinks in, they will likely need more info, and go through denial, anger, self-blame, etc etc. Again, I don't mean to scare you or lessen your joy, just wanting to help a bit.

Hope this helps.

TorontoGuy2007
Dec 29, 2006, 1:10 PM
HI LIon

that is great news.. keep us posted on how your life may change now that this is off your chest.

all the best and happy new year!

LoveLion
Dec 29, 2006, 1:10 PM
Thank you for all you kind words. It is a huge weight off and it does feel great!
I prepared myself for the worst before I told ma and pa and I was very relieved at them not getting offensive. I told them if they ever had any questions or wanted to talk more about it I dont mind so hopfully if they start feeling wierd about it they will talk to me. Although I dont think they have really let it sink in yet and they still think its me being a teen going through a phase, although I told them I have always been this way. Oh well, I guess that will change the first time I bring a guy home to meet them :bigrin: