PDA

View Full Version : Long Profiles

ziggybabie
Dec 26, 2006, 7:33 PM
I posted an ad on another site looking for a local friend/fuck buddy, and so far only have one reply. Thing is it's someone who is 18 years old. I'm not really sure if I'd feel comfortable with that or not. (My fault for not specifying at least 21.) I had linked my profile from yet another 3rd site (my homepage listed in my profile here), and told anyone interested to email me on either site.

I know I tend to talk a lot, but I tend to be a bit eccentric in some areas, so instead of having a simple profile, with a few words, I figured I'd just go all out. Spill my guts. Everything. What kind of things I like, do, talk about, some of my past, etc, and see what response I got.

How many people take the time to read profiles that are a bit long, and how many just don't bother? Also, any critique on my profile (http://www.bisexualspace.com/ncsubcd6997)? Too much?

ambi53mm
Dec 26, 2006, 10:23 PM
Ziggy, It is by comparison to most profiles I've viewed a tad long but I think to someone who had a serious interest it pretty much puts it "all" out there. It would probably have more of an impact if you eliminated some of the more detailed information in the very begining and then do as you did with the latter section, break it down and categorize your topics. There's something to be said as well, about creating some mystery about yourself..things undiscovered or undisclosed have the ability to attract as well, because it's leaving something to the imagination. :2cents:
Very interesting profile, very intelligently written. I wish you luck :)

Ambi :)

FerociousFeline
Dec 27, 2006, 2:02 AM
I for one, like detailed profiles. It shows that a person has an intent. It shows that a person is taking a stand, making a statement. It doesn't have to mean it's necessarily political or religious or whatever. In a day and age when nobody appears to desire to be pinned down about anything, it's refreshing to see someone lay it out there. It also shows the reader that the person cared enough to take the time to do a self inventory and attempted an honest description of how they perceive that they are. As to your profile there, I didn't like the gross pics, I liked the women I agree with most of what you've said and I respect you for laying it out there. One footnote though to long profiles on a date site; Don't give out so much information that you've nothing to talk about in person if your profile gets a bite. :bigrin:

citystyleguy
Dec 27, 2006, 2:51 AM
let me rest awhile; honestly, this isnt a profile, its almost an autobiography; way, way, way too much information, which doesnt leave much room to explore you. there is something to say about a little mystery, also to allow for the exploration of someone of interest. doesnt surprise me that few followup with a response, why, everything plus way more than could possibly interest a person is out there.

right now i am trying to hook up with someone here, that made contact on the basis of my profile; we have read each others profiles (with the emphasis on profile!), called and talked over the phone and now will make time to meet and then....? and we dont know a fraction of each other in comparison to what you have written.

if you want to put a blog about yourself out there, that is your business; however, if what you want is a friend/fuck buddy, then my suggestion is to lighten up considerably! let him explore what is of interest to him! :2cents:

Long Duck Dong
Dec 27, 2006, 5:53 AM
mmm dude, i write stories that are not that long lol

seriously tho.....if you wanna fuck buddy, in bisexual.com... rewrite ya profile....it comes across as you want torture...not sex lol but i can see what you seek....

for that type of sex, you may need to look at joining gay/ bi bondage sites....that cater more towards what you seek.....and that may improve ya chances at making more hook ups

ziggybabie
Dec 27, 2006, 2:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I guess I just wanted to weed out certain people, originally. Which is why it was so long. I decided to shorten it, a bit, after all, now.

I'm actually not into bondage as a lifestyle. When it comes to guys, I just like a guy who can be dominant, rough and controlling in the bedroom, but drop it and bullshit, talk or have a few drinks, outside of sex.

welickit
Dec 27, 2006, 3:59 PM
To be totally honest, based on your long winded profile, we both think you must be a politician. No offense intended but we did have a good laugh reading it. :2cents:

ziggybabie
Dec 27, 2006, 4:08 PM
To be totally honest, based on your long winded profile, we both think you must be a politician. No offense intended but we did have a good laugh reading it. :2cents:

A good laugh? All I did was state some of my beliefs. Yes, it went on a bit, but it wasn't a dick pick with no words profile, at least.