PDA

View Full Version : Boy, was it hard!

miamiguy4phun
Dec 24, 2006, 8:59 AM
Hello, I'm new to this site. I've kind of been reading all the forum posts for a while now. I'd just like to thank everyone who has posted regarding coming out to someone. I've been dating my gf for about 1 1/2 years now. Since I've starting dating her I've been wanting to tell her that I am bi. Being latin doesn't help since we are taught as children that men should be men and boys don't cry. Things of that nature. Anyways, all this stuff made it very hard for me to come out to my gf. After reading pretty much all the posts I finally came out to my gf. This was really hard for me. Needless to say she was in shock. She told me that she wasn't expecting that from me. Kind of blind sided her. She is some what confused and how to take it all in. She is ok with me being bi (as she is bi and sees herself as a hipocrit if she wasn't) but concerned that I'm going to leave her for another man. I've assured her that I'm not going anywhere. That I love her more than I did before. She's asked me not to do anything with men...for right now. I guess she's still coming to terms with this. I told her I can respect her wishes. This is not really a question but more of a comment or just a simple post. Just wanted to share with you other that gave me strength to take that step. Special shout out to Kel for talking with me.

TorontoGuy2007
Dec 24, 2006, 10:00 AM
sounds like the most challenging thing when coming out is to convince our partner that being bi doesn't necessarily mean we are going to cheat.. hope things work out for you and hope this won't end up hurting your relationship with her.. good luck!

Nara_lovely
Dec 24, 2006, 10:09 AM
Good on you both.
The courage to speak, the courage to trust with truth and the courage to listen...
*awesome*

Lorcan
Dec 24, 2006, 6:06 PM
Congradulations!
We are proud of you.
I think that people who are out to their partners cheat a whole lot less than bi's in the closet. Maybe even less than whole population, because they made an active choice be fidel. Course i had no stats to prove that; it's just my hypothesis.

arana
Dec 24, 2006, 6:16 PM
Welcome to the site and congratulations on being able to finally tell her. I'm sure it's a huge weight off your chest now. I hope you both will keep communicating with each other and enjoy what you have together.

Long Duck Dong
Dec 24, 2006, 6:56 PM
big hugs, and congratulations

two of the hardest things about coming out, are.....

a fear of ya partner walking out

and if they stay.... how to live in a relationship that has become a new kind of relationship...lol

well done, and best wishes for you both

meteast chick
Dec 24, 2006, 7:02 PM
That is a major step for you, and on behalf of myself and all of the members of BiCom, Congratulations!

You took a big risk in being true to yourself, and it's the best thing for you and everyone involved that you put yourself first. If you aren't true to yourself, how can you be true to her?

A big Congrats to your girl as well. She took it very well all things considered.

Oh yeah, and Welcome to BiCom!

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxoxoxox
meteast

darkeyes
Dec 24, 2006, 10:01 PM
Boy it wos hard..trouble is..for all 2 many guys not hard enuff for long enuff...so we hav 2 find sum1 of our own sex to keep us goin... tee hee!

kitten
Dec 24, 2006, 11:54 PM
Congratulations!
I am new to the site as well and have found an incredible amount of acceptance and support here.
Thanks to everyone who has made me feel so welcome!

I hope it all works out for you and that your relationship stays true and open to the communication necessary to keep it alive and well!

Hugs-
Kitten

miamiguy4phun
Dec 25, 2006, 2:36 AM
Thank you all again for your kind words. I'm so glad i found this site and you all.

miamiuu
Dec 26, 2006, 4:47 PM
As another miami resident I still believe that a third of the population down here would be open to anything.

diamond_tether
Dec 28, 2006, 12:15 PM
We definitely wanted to offer up our congratulations on your display of courage and your lady's ability to take it seriously and conscientiously. We definitely wish you both the best and from another pair of newbies, welcome to the site. :three:

Isaac Steel
Dec 28, 2006, 12:28 PM
I am in the same situation. I came out to wife, and while she is not completely comfortable with my bisexuality, as long as I am faithful she is willing to stay with me. I am not sure this will always be the case, and not acting out on my desires is very difficult. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Isaac

jaglvr
Dec 28, 2006, 5:15 PM
I was out to my wife before we ever started a relationship but it has still proven to be very difficult. Especially in terms of fidelity. She has always maintained suspicion that I am cheating with a man though she tries not to. Promiscuity seems assumed for us as bisexuals.