PDA

View Full Version : Wish Me Luck!

jo69guy
Aug 9, 2005, 11:33 AM
My ex-wife has sued me for permanent spousal support AKA alimony. As a result, of my defense stratagy, I will probably be "outed" in mainstream society via open court on friday. I will let everyone know how it went as soon as I know something. :bipride:

csrakate
Aug 9, 2005, 11:51 AM
That really sucks! But I can't say that I'm surprised. I'm sure that even if she had any doubts about "outing" you, her lawyer is probably pushing her to do it. Anything for the almighty dollar. They are probably hoping that you'll offer to settle out of court.

Good luck to you and I hope things turn out well for you.

Kate

DickandErica
Aug 9, 2005, 12:08 PM
Really sorry to hear that wish people didn't have to be so cruel. Good luck wishing you the best.

curious f
Aug 9, 2005, 12:36 PM
Just sending you my best wishes and good luck for Friday!!!

Sex in Words
Aug 9, 2005, 3:18 PM
Best wishes and here's hoping for a positive result for you.

Flounder1967
Aug 9, 2005, 6:30 PM
Good luck hope it alls works out in the end.

codybear3
Aug 9, 2005, 7:14 PM
Good luck. I hope when all this is over that things turn out better than before... :bipride:

My friends and I are wishing you the best... :bibounce:

cassie
Aug 9, 2005, 7:48 PM
Good luck!! I am so sorry that something so personal has to be made public record.

Bi-ten
Aug 9, 2005, 10:38 PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your situation. This would be a huge test for anyone, but try to be cool nomatter what. Go with the knowledge that you have a lot of people routing for you.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :bipride:

dixieangel85
Aug 10, 2005, 4:27 AM
I wish you luck hun , ive been with my fiance for almost a year an its still not over with her yet ! so i know how it feels ! i hope it all turns out better for you in the end ! Hugs an lixxx ~! :rolleyes:

jo69guy
Aug 10, 2005, 8:16 AM
Thanks everyone! This is the kind of support I needed! :bipride:

wellred
Aug 10, 2005, 10:53 AM
Hello Guy,

Your situation is certainly a difficult one. My support will be with you tomorrow and the coming days.

The choice you made, to entrust your burden with the folks here in on this site, speaks highly of your confidence to receive the support you need from us. I am hopeful that you will always feel that this is a safe haven for your confidences. Everyone needs shelter from the storms of life.

I am hopefully, too, that you have people around you who offer the human touch and will strengthen you with lots of hugs.

Best wishes,
Red

jo69guy
Aug 10, 2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks Red! That was really sweet of you, and I do entrust a great deal to the people on this sight. I do in fact have a great support system in place here as well, and will probably need them all! lol I feel like this sight has given me friends all over the world, and hope it continues to thrive for years to come!

Take care!

Tom :bibounce:

happyjoe68
Aug 10, 2005, 3:24 PM
Good luck for Friday. It says more about your ex, than you. Now that I've come to terms with myself about how I feel, it seems really low to pull a stunt like that . But focus on the positive, don't dwell on the negative since that will just bring you down (but not quite to her level) :bipride:

dexter
Aug 10, 2005, 4:18 PM
I think that there are thousands, or millions, of gay and bisexual people who share your fear of being publicly "outed", disgraced, ruined. I know I do.

There is a line from Arthur Miller's "The Crucible" where a man who is in a comparable situation says, "I am now what I always was, only naked." In other words, he is not any different from what he was; he didn't change. People simply know something else which they didn't know before.

Many of us here are, in spirit, walking this "Via Dolorosa" with you; you are not alone. As Wellred said, in this place, at least, you are among friends and are accepted for who, and what, you are. You will find, I'm sure, other friends and people (some even in your family) who love and respect you no less; they may even be living a similar double-life).

It is said that it is always darkest before the dawn. Oh, pray, too. I know that always helps me in more ways than one.

God bless and best luck.

dexter

IceLion
Aug 10, 2005, 4:32 PM
GOOD LUCK!!! <crosses fingers>

:flag3:

-IceLion

twosides
Aug 11, 2005, 2:02 AM
Hey Guy -
Blessings heaped upon you. I give you all the stregth I can along with everybody else on this thread. It was said well before, I'll add my little saying that has carried me through a lot of rough times in life.

"It is what it is."

If you say what you gotta say, do what you feel is appropriate and legal, and stay focused on the big picture, you will maintain peace and happiness. I wish you bountiful treasures.

jeff64
Aug 11, 2005, 4:45 AM
Good luck and positive energy from across the seas. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow as you embrace change with courage, gratitute and love. The positives are often hidden by the darkness, but they will be revealed in God's time not ours. Hold your head high and enjoy the experience....that'll piss her right off....hehehe.

Jeff

arana
Aug 11, 2005, 3:48 PM
Jo, I'm so sorry to hear of your situation and the fact that your personal business is going to be put under scrutiny. Best of luck with everything and you know we are here if you need an ear or shoulder.

Lovies
Arana

jo69guy
Aug 11, 2005, 4:19 PM
To give you all an update, it looks like things will be delayed a bit longer. My ex has not produced some items we requested for our case, so we are asking for a continuance.

Jjohnson5765
Aug 11, 2005, 5:52 PM
Just remember this. The reason divorce is so expensive???/.......
....... because it's worth it!

Good luck!

nubiwoman
Aug 11, 2005, 7:09 PM
lol- you are so right Jjohnson! Thanks for that! PMSL!!! :cool:

Jjohnson5765
Aug 12, 2005, 9:42 AM
One more:

Divorce is the "Fuckin you get for the Fuckin you got".

OzBiBoy25
Aug 12, 2005, 1:34 PM
Jeez man, that really sucks. Not just the part about being sued but that you are loosing your right to choose when and how you out yourself, if at all. I feel for you on that man, it must be hard for you especially if you are not ready to be outed. I wish you all the best of luck!!

Sparks
Aug 14, 2005, 7:49 AM
My ex-wife has sued me for permanent spousal support AKA alimony. As a result, of my defense stratagy, I will probably be "outed" in mainstream society via open court on friday. I will let everyone know how it went as soon as I know something. :bipride:
You're stratagy should be not to pay her under any circumstances. Tell the Court what I told a California Court "put me jail, the kid and my ex on Welfare, and let's see who caves in first." Be firm about it!!! They will back away. Too many men get roped into this scam. My ex tried it and lost her ass in legal fees. Don't get screwed, buddy. :)