PDA

View Full Version : Disneylands Gay Day

PolyLoveTriad
Dec 21, 2006, 1:01 PM
Does anyone know when Disneyland has their annual gay day?

Better question yet, how many of you have been to gay day?

Ive always wanted to go and always seem to miss it :( but seems to me, that would be a good day for those who are 'in the closet' to be able to get out in the open and be with like minded people and really relax and have a great time without the worry of someone finding out.

Anyway,, just my thoughts here :)

diamond_tether
Dec 21, 2006, 2:10 PM
It changes, but it's typically in early June sometime. Here's the website:

http://www.gayday.com

Though, still think open bisexuals might run into some of the same problems as usual in primarily gay settings.

Long Duck Dong
Dec 21, 2006, 9:02 PM
lol interesting lol

i think its a good idea to have a gay day for people..... its a good way of allowing others to interact with like minded people

however, i have issues with it too lol

its like saying we need a gay day to go to disneyland...and we can't go on any other day

i know, i know lol....

imagine if we had a hetero day... can you imagine the uproar from gay activists....

LoveLion
Dec 21, 2006, 9:59 PM
haha the whole Idea makes me laugh. I cant imagine a float with mickey and Donald romantically hugging or kissing. I would consider going if I was anywhere near Florida, and If I could actually stand spending a minute in Disney land

Nara_lovely
Dec 22, 2006, 7:36 AM
LOL...LoveLion, I had similar thoughts!
I lost the plot at Snow White and the Seven Dwarves (reminded of an old joke about the eighth dwarf called Sleezy)...

CUMM2LBV
Dec 22, 2006, 5:48 PM
FYI,

DISNEYLAND IS IN CALIFORNIA, DISNEYWORLD IS IN FLORIDA. GAYDAYS AT DISNEYWORLD ARE THE LAST WEEK IN MAY OR FIRST WEEK IN JUNE.

GET YOURSLF A RED SHIRT AND COME ON DOWN...

twodelta
Dec 24, 2006, 1:53 AM
I went to the website, and it sounds like fun. Looked at the pics though, and I'm not sure sure that Cat and I would fit in. Looks like most of the people there are in their 20's or 30's, and we are in our 50's. Maybe we should be looking for a seniors weekend instead :eek: - Dave

Herbwoman39
Dec 24, 2006, 1:05 PM
Each one of the four Disneyworld parks (Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM and Epcot) have their own specific day. There is a whole week of Gay Days events down here usually during Gay Pride month.

Last year hubby and I went on Magic Kingdom day and I have NEVER seen THAT many red shirts in one place in my entire life! There was a SEA of red in the park. It was fantastic!

I wore my Bisexual Blues Tee. It reads "We love everybody but nobody loves us". A few guys said "Awwww...WE love you!", which was great because I had no idea how it would be received.

We had absolutely no problems. People were friendly or they simply didn't say anything.

All it all it was a fund ay and we'll be doing it again this year.

Everyone who can make it should come on down!

glantern954
Dec 24, 2006, 5:04 PM
My first gay day, about 4 years ago, is what made me seek out a bisexual support group in my area. I went expecting to see other bisexuals and didn't really see anyone I could confirm as bisexual. I felt like an outsider. It didn't help that one of the gay guys my wife and I went with pretty much said "there was no such thing as bisexuality".

Thankfully, I found a group and was able to socialize with other bisexuals in real time. The experience has mad me stronger and we have gone to a few more since then. It is nice seeing the red shirts, but these days it seems like a very commercial event. Generally speaking, it is more about the circuit parties and guest houses than the actual park.

The park itself does nothing to officially acknowledge the event. There are plenty of red shirts for sale. But don't expect a red shirt family to be the grand marshal of a parade, an official event, or anything like that.

These days, I don't really plan on going to another unless as part of a bi group with our own shirts or they change the name to GLBT days. If you have never been I would suggest going at least once, especially if you like Disneyworld.

Herbwoman39
Dec 24, 2006, 10:43 PM
These days, I don't really plan on going to another unless as part of a bi group with our own shirts or they change the name to GLBT days. If you have never been I would suggest going at least once, especially if you like Disneyworld.

Maybe you should talk to your group about organizing an outing for that day. Hubby and I would LOVE to join you!

wss30152
Dec 25, 2006, 6:25 AM
I thought it was every day.

ambi53mm
Dec 25, 2006, 7:55 AM
I thought it was every day.

LOL No I believe there is only one day set aside as "Gay Day". The rest of the year it's Bi-Day...we just blend better and therefore go largely undetected.

Ambi :)

jedinudist
Dec 27, 2006, 12:53 PM
hmm...

If i could stand Disney-anything we would probably go.