PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all - looking for different perceptions

jeff64
Aug 9, 2005, 2:09 AM
Hi everyone, I'm really enjoying the different viewpoints from you all. I think is so important to have an avenue where we can communicate openly with people who are like-minded. In my opinion there is much to learn about ourselves if we stay open to other's perceptions. Although I still seek clarity around my sexuality, I have travelled far and I'm much more accepting today.
I've analysed myself to death (nearly) and come up with several different conclusions that sit well for me. The nature - nurture debate definately comes into play, with the environment playing a 65-70% role for me. I believe that my nurturing (or lack of) played a huge role in my sexual identity crisis. Another environmental factor was the use and abuse of substances, more specifically, alcohol and marijuana. I haven't drank or drugged in nearly 3 years, I suppose indirectly allowing myself to grow up and deal with life on life's terms. On the bisexual spectrum, I feel that on an emotional level I tend to lean towards women. On a sexual level men come into play more because they are less complex and expectant. The bottom line is that I've stopped labelling myself...bisexuality, alcoholism, addiction, parent, psychologist ect ect...they are just parts of the whole. It's difficult to share my story, where I could realistically write a book. I hope that I've triggered some positive thoughts, I know that It's helped me. Yep....it's all about me....hehehe. Look forward to your ongoing communications, enjoy the moments in your days.

Jeff

Bi-ten
Aug 9, 2005, 10:53 PM
Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the site, you sound like an interesting guy... I have to say I also appreciate your picture;)

The are plenty of thoughts and interesting opinions here...I have personally spent hours reading some of these threads and articles. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Cheers

codybear3
Aug 9, 2005, 11:16 PM
Welcome Jeff...Hope you have fun here with all these wonderful people here. Like your pic. :)

arana
Aug 10, 2005, 3:16 AM
Welcome to the group Jeff. You couldn't have picked a better site for friendly people. I hope that you are made feel at home and enjoy the time you spend here.

Hugs :three:

wellred
Aug 10, 2005, 11:04 AM
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your posting. Permit me to join the others in welcoming you to this site. This has been a great place for me to explore with others my sexuality and philosophies about life. When I first started coming here, I wrote about it in a thread that I called "The Gift". If you would like to read it, I can share with you at least one other perspective.

Your profile and this posting both speak to the depth of your positive perceptions. We value those characteristics here and in our lives. Although your journey has had its share of pitfalls, you have taken the lessons and built attributes that add to the quality of your life.

Please let me or others know how we can be of assistance to you. We are glad you have joined this group.

Best wishes,
Red

chook
Aug 10, 2005, 5:02 PM
G'Day and welcome mate,

Good to see another Aussie here, I'm sure you'll find it to be a real friendly site.....I know I have.

Cheers
Chook :bigrin:

jeff64
Aug 11, 2005, 5:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome and kind words everyone. I look forward to making new bi-friends here and over-seas. Australia is a bit scarce on avenues for sharing, caring, discussing and learning about bi-sexuality, lets hope more Aussies find this site.

Enjoy the moments in your days