PDA

View Full Version : LTR and sex

coyotedude
Dec 12, 2006, 2:42 AM
Serious question for those of you in long-term relationships (which I will arbitrarily and capriciously define as 7 years or longer) and who are willing to share:

On average, how often do you have sex with your partner?

Once a day?
Once a week?
Once a month?
Once a fiscal quarter?

Even - or especially - if the frequency is less than once a week, I would be interested in hearing your perspectives. Same gender, different gender, questionable gender - it all works!

Thanks in advance for sharing....

Peace

PolyLoveTriad
Dec 12, 2006, 4:51 AM
my husband and I have been together almost 11 yrs now, and we have sex anywhere from 3-5,6,9 times a week lol it all just depends on how busy our week gets, if we both have the energy for it or just simply how freakin horny one of us gets LOL on average its 3-5 per week, its been known to be 3-5 times a day lol Hope that helps ya!

Mrs.F
Dec 12, 2006, 9:06 AM
my husband and I have been together almost 11 yrs now, and we have sex anywhere from 3-5,6,9 times a week lol it all just depends on how busy our week gets, if we both have the energy for it or just simply how freakin horny one of us gets LOL on average its 3-5 per week, its been known to be 3-5 times a day lol Hope that helps ya!

HOLY SHIT! :eek:

We go in spurts...all depending on how tired we are from work or the child. We have gone once a day for a couple of weeks but normally it's probably once a week on average.

I will say that since my dad died in October and I have been put on Zoloft, I have noticed my sex drive has plumited. It's a big side effect of the drug.

selfe
Dec 12, 2006, 10:14 AM
Almost 15 years here with the wife and we go in spurts as well. sometimes it will be a couple of times a week or a couple of times a quarter. I would say once a month is average.

She is taking Zoloft as well so you are right about the side effects....

twodelta
Dec 12, 2006, 11:09 AM
Cat and I probably average once a week. sometimes more, sometimes less. We've been together 13 years. We are M/F

timcat
Dec 12, 2006, 11:11 AM
We have been married just over 9 years now and on average we still have sex about 3 or 4 times a week. There have been times where we made love every day or times when we where so worn out from jobs/kids/illness that we lucky to get in once a week.

tommyswing
Dec 12, 2006, 11:59 AM
After 15 years it goes in spurts. Couple of tmes per week, but there have been times when a month can pass without it. The effects of stress

Herbwoman39
Dec 12, 2006, 12:29 PM
Hubby and I have been together almost 10 years, married 9 years in April. We go in surges like many of the rest of you. Sometimes we have sex 2-3 times a day, sometimes it's once a week and rarely it's once every 2 weeks.

I swear that man has the libido of a 17 year old :bigrin:

innaminka
Dec 12, 2006, 6:29 PM
"Spurts" seems to sum it up.
We've been married 16 years.

Because of our jobs, we spend extended periods away from each other (up to 3 months, twice a year) plus the odd fortnight, so we tend to have rather hectic homecomings. Its great to think in mid-forties, after 16 years, we still can't wait to get naked after a time apart.

During times at home, after the intial libido blast - I guess 2 - 3 time a week.