PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Holiday Movie?

twodelta
Dec 8, 2006, 2:21 PM
Howdy everyone! Read a poll yesterday that said "Miricle on 34th Street" was the all time favorite holiday movie. Just wondering if that is true. My own personal favorite is "It's a Wonderful Life". And of course, it has to be the B&W version, colorazation is just wrong. - Dave

bigirl_inwv
Dec 8, 2006, 3:56 PM
I like the clay-mation version of Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer. But the more I watch Elf with Will Ferrell...the more I love it!!

12voltman59
Dec 8, 2006, 4:00 PM
"The Christmas Story" --

Mrs.F
Dec 8, 2006, 4:54 PM
I really like "The Polar Express" :santa:

Fire Lotus
Dec 8, 2006, 5:26 PM
The big kid in me loves "Charlie Brown Christmas" and "How the grinch stole Christmas". I also really like "A Christmas carol"

Michael623
Dec 8, 2006, 6:11 PM
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. A must each Holiday season.

arana
Dec 8, 2006, 6:22 PM
The original "Preachers Wife"

csrakate
Dec 8, 2006, 6:59 PM
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. A must each Holiday season.

LOL!! We start the season off with this movie the weekend after Thanksgiving, right before we head out to the tree farm to get our tree!!

My all time favorite Christmas movie is the musical version of The Christmas Carol called Scrooge with Albert Finney!!!

Hugs,
Kate

chewy
Dec 8, 2006, 7:06 PM
There are really three.....

Miracle on 34th St (Original)

Scrooged (Bill Murray)

Jingle all the Way

Flounder1967
Dec 8, 2006, 7:31 PM
1) IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE

2) A Christmas Story

3) Rudolf The Red Nose Reindeer

4) How the Grinch Stole Christmas

5) Tie-
Santa Clause Is Coming to Town
Frosty the Snowman

Ashoka & Kaurwaki
Dec 8, 2006, 8:51 PM
Jingle all the way was such a wonderfully demented holliday movie. But, having all our shopping done, we get to sit at the eatons centre and watch people go through those motions - it's insane (Xbox last year, Wii and PS3 this year, plus the smaller kids toy - it's bizzare).

Honnestly, if you live near a big mall, and have all your shopping done, go sit down and watch, it's hillarious (no Sinbad though :( )

Anyway:

#1 for me is the Muppet Christmas Carol. Michael Cain is great, and the Spirit of Christmas Present makes me happy :D

#2 is probably the collection of old TV christmas specials (Rudolf, Santa Claus is coming to town, Frosty, etc)

#3 Ummmm, Miracle probably - either version, both are good in their own way.

#4 Kaur just bought "I'll Be Home for Christmas" with Johnnithan Taylor Thomas and Jessica Biel - it's actually kinda fun

mannysg
Dec 8, 2006, 9:02 PM
I like the cartoons (Rudolph, Charlie brown, The Grinch, etc.) better then teh movies. Miracle on 34th St is my favorite movie.

LoveLion
Dec 8, 2006, 10:13 PM
Bad Santa, cuz I always feel like Billy-bob Thorton does in that movie around the holidays. Im not a big fan of Christmas.

onewhocares
Dec 8, 2006, 10:33 PM
My favorite movie is "Holiday Inn" with Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney and Donald O' Conner. I love it. As far as childhood memories go, I would always love to see Frosty the Snowman with the voices of Burl Ives and Jimmy Durante.

Happy Holidays,

Belle

mistymockingbird
Dec 9, 2006, 1:25 AM
A Christmas Story. Hands down.

Although...I will say that I love A Claymation Christmas featuring the California Raisins. Haven't seen it in years. Maybe fate will smile on me and I'll find it on dvd someday.

bhg08054
Dec 9, 2006, 3:01 PM
My one personal tradition is to watch as many interpretations of Dicken's "A Christmas Carol" as I can.

As of yet I haven't determined if I have an overall favorite.

Herbwoman39
Dec 9, 2006, 5:29 PM
My all time favorite holiday movie isn't even really a holiday movie. It's just that the first time I saw it was very late on Christmas eve when I was 12. "To Kill A Mockingbird."

Number two is the B&W version of "A Miracle on 34th St."

Number 3 is ALL of the claymation holiday movies.

:bigrin:

Matter of fact as I type, "The Year Without A Santa Clause" is on ABC Family.

DiamondDog
Dec 9, 2006, 5:51 PM
Bad Santa is funny.
So are the christmas story, and the Charlie Brown xmas special. :)

twodelta
Dec 9, 2006, 9:39 PM
Lots of good choises so far, and some I didn't think of before. As far as specials, one of my favorites is Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas. - Dave

Mrs. Taz
Dec 10, 2006, 6:21 AM
my new fav holiday movie is called a dad for christmas. :)

m.in.heels&hose
Dec 10, 2006, 7:53 AM
i would have to say that "ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE" is my favorite christmas movie (and it HAS to be the B&W version)and in the HONORABLE MENTION section, an american christmas carrol (with henry winkler) i also enjoy the "kids" christmas specials that have already been mentioned

i think those bring us all back to when we were kids

mannysg
Dec 10, 2006, 8:51 AM
I forgot 1 other movie tha I'd pout as a favorite:
The Santa Clause with Tim Allen.
He's so damn funny!

IanBorthwick
Dec 10, 2006, 8:11 PM
I love Ron Howard's The Grinch...it's funny in so many ways I almost die each time I see it.

Runner up is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.

Biboz49
Dec 10, 2006, 11:16 PM
Geez, IanBorthwick beat me to it. Mine is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation as well.

trip1
Dec 10, 2006, 11:45 PM
One of my fav's is " One Magic Christmas " Anyone see that one?

swag85
Dec 11, 2006, 3:09 AM
rudolf!
the santa clause
and lampoons christmas
in that order!
:bipride:

PolyLoveTriad
Dec 11, 2006, 3:35 AM
Hands down all time favorite holiday movie is National Lampoons Christmas Vacation! LOL I just love that movie!

gina42
Dec 11, 2006, 7:03 AM
"ITS A WONDERFUL LIFE" is my favorite christmas movie (and it HAS to be the B&W version)...this has always been my faviort christmas movie