PDA

View Full Version : If there were no AIDS would you be more promiscuous?

glantern954
Dec 1, 2006, 8:10 PM
Since today is World Aids Day I figured I would post a related question.

If there were no AIDS would you be more promiscuous?

Herbwoman39
Dec 1, 2006, 9:32 PM
My initial reaction was to say "No". Upon thinking about it, though, when I was younger I was one randy little thing. If I wanted to have sex, I went out and found it. Fortunately, living in Wyoming AIDS wasn't really a threat so I could be promiscuous. So I would have to say that, were I not married to my hubby,yes, I would probably be out there breaking hearts and screwing brains out :bigrin:

bigregory
Dec 1, 2006, 10:29 PM
More promiscuous no. Into trying something new yes.

eddy10
Dec 1, 2006, 10:58 PM
Probably not. Aids is only one of MANY STDs out there.

Flounder1967
Dec 1, 2006, 11:15 PM
I would have to yes i might have been more like to have tried something more. I do know that if had the internet and computers i know i would have been.

Herbwoman39
Dec 2, 2006, 12:15 AM

Ahh, but promiscuous doesn't mean careless. Sure, use condoms, take precautions. It doesn't mean you can't have fun. It just means you have to be a little more careful.

In all honesty, of the 7 one nighters I've had, there were only two I didn't know before I slept with them. Hmm...maybe I'm not quite as loose as I thought I was.

LoveLion
Dec 2, 2006, 1:47 AM
I doubt it. AIDs isnt big around here, and I even if there was not STDs at all, I would still want to know alot about someone before having sex with them

bigirl_inwv
Dec 2, 2006, 2:33 AM
Seeing as how I swing, I guess some could say that I am promiscuous already. But, if there were no AIDS, then I would have to say yes, I probably would. Although, as pre-mentioned, there are lots of other STD's out there to worry about.

DiamondDog
Dec 2, 2006, 4:05 AM
yes. of course I would, who wouldn't?
but I'm going by the definition of 'promiscuity' in that it's simply a person that has sex more than you do.

glantern954
Dec 2, 2006, 8:01 AM
I have to say that I probably would be. Sure, there are plenty of other STDs to worry about, but most of them have cures or are not life threatening. I'm not saying I wouldn't still be careful but I do think I would probably be having more sex partners.

trip1
Dec 2, 2006, 8:16 AM
I have to say that I probably would be. Sure, there are plenty of other STDs to worry about, but most of them have cures or are not life threatening. I'm not saying I wouldn't still be careful but I do think I would probably be having more sex partners.

I would tend to agree with Glantern on that one. I'd be as careful but with one less worry knowing I couldn't get something that would kill me in the end

becksbolero
Dec 2, 2006, 8:36 AM
If there were no stds i'd have a woman as slutty as me and we'd be doing mmf's etc. and she'd be serving me creampies regularily.

bivision
Dec 2, 2006, 10:21 AM
If there were no AID's /HIV or other nasty STD's I would still have to say no. but the sex would definitely be more aggressively unprotected , no condoms, deeper kissing, swallowing , oral etc. after all whats a good blowjob or pu**y-licking session without the sweet reward at the end lol. :bigrin: :bigrin:

jenny2006
Dec 2, 2006, 10:44 AM
I think it's interesting the few people that have said that 'Aids isn't big round here' or because of where they live it isn't a big threat. Isn't HIV/AIDS a threat no matter where you live? I don't think the risk has much to do with geography. It's not only promiscuous people living in big cities that get it.

As for being more promiscuous if it wasn't around, why would you be? Yeah, most other STDs are fairly treatable with antibiotics etc, but it and tends to be a matter of catching them in time. And who would really want to risk getting some of the nasty ones out there like syphilis or hepatitis B, whether you can treat it or not?

Sparks
Dec 2, 2006, 10:47 AM
No. HIV is just one of a number of std's. :2cents:

Rainahblue
Dec 2, 2006, 11:37 AM
:kay: Interesting question... Since worrying about STDs or unwanted pregnancy isn't a major factor in my decision to choose my partners carefully now, I doubt that would change with the elimination of any STD. I've never been into casual sex because the emotional connection is necessary for me to truly enjoy a sexual connection with someone.

FSJeepguy
Dec 3, 2006, 8:08 AM
Without question, YES

bibottom30064
Dec 3, 2006, 10:08 AM
If there was no threat of STDs I would definately be having more sex with more people. Limiting myself only to other married guys and safe anal bottoming doesn't leave me high and dry but it does leave me wanting more. :bibounce:

mrplayfuluk
Dec 3, 2006, 1:20 PM
Yes... but syphilis has reappeared in the uk in a big way so I so I'd stuill be careful...
PA

julie
Dec 3, 2006, 6:53 PM
...no, i don't think i would be more promiscuous.

...i was fairly promiscuous when i was younger, growing up in the utopia that combined pretty fail safe and easily available contraception with the pre herpes, pre HIV reassurance that any STDs were easily treated with anti-biotics.

...my sexual expression was governed far more by my own equilibrium and a growing awareness that i didn't really feel much peace or self respect when i was having sexual contact with people i barely knew.

...but yes, i do now have a heightened awareness of the personal hygene issues surrounding unprotected sex.

... so the advent of herpes, HIV etc and the surrounding hype has had an impact on my behaviour regarding taking care of my physical health... but it would not influence whether i was sexually intimate with someone, regardless of HIV/ hep status, why should it?

julie :female:

bigregory
Dec 3, 2006, 10:14 PM
[QUOTE=jenny2006]I think it's interesting the few people that have said that 'Aids isn't big round here' or because of where they live it isn't a big threat. Isn't HIV/AIDS a threat no matter where you live? I don't think the risk has much to do with geography. It's not only promiscuous people living in big cities that get it.

, Yes Aids is not somthing that only hangs out in Africa.
Keep safe

jaglvr
Dec 4, 2006, 11:21 AM
I think my wife would be more willing since usually her major concern is STDs. I doubt I would be more promiscuous. If I need protection I use it but it has no bearing on how many partners.

teddyboy
Dec 5, 2006, 1:44 AM
Not just yes, but HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigrin:

citystyleguy
Dec 5, 2006, 2:10 AM
no, as i have always been a committed serial monogamist (is that a word?!); yes, at times there have been multiple partners, but we all came from the same group of friends that did not stray from the group; i guess you could call it a group of committed serial mongamists, that shared one another only, in various combinations.

ukmale32
Dec 5, 2006, 4:10 AM
Its a bit like the "if i won the lottery" sort of question. I'd love to feel someone cum inside me - but thats not going to happen. SO I move on . .

Long Duck Dong
Dec 5, 2006, 4:26 AM
lol NO... it wouldn't change how i have sex or how many times.....

I perfer making love over fking or casual sex

Avocado
Dec 5, 2006, 5:00 AM
Can't say I would no.

hottrodd
Dec 5, 2006, 11:29 AM
The truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. HELL YES I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do some hot guy and turned it down because of the fear of aids. I'm not into condoms. I hate the things. So safe sex for me means knowing my partners are clean and healthy or on a bad day taking a hell of a risk. :flag1:

darkeyes
Dec 5, 2006, 6:03 PM
Since me read this thread first have pondered wot I wud hav been like had ther been no HIV/Aids epidemic.. not sure me has really come up with an ansa. Have been a bit trollopy an really hav no regrets cos it has been in the main fun times. Thats a wile ago now an hav been so much more circumspect ova the last 18 months or so..

Lookin back at me sex life ther hav been occasions every so often wen me thought bout AIDs an HIV wen chattin up or bein chatted up an for wotever reason went home on me own..cant say for sure wether me thoughts of the mo had ne thin 2 do wiv it, but sumtimes think they must hav.. Usually tho me jus did me own thing an if wanted sum 1 went for it...

Hav neva been an innocent in things sexual, least not for a long long time, or a shrinkin vi. But me duz know that sumtimes hav not gone 2 a gig or a fave pullin place cos of the crowd who wud b ther, or the event on, an preferred 2 hav quiet drink somewer.. or go sumwer less wild.. Again not sure how much HIV/AIDs or ne otha STD played in makin me mind up 2 go or not 2 go 2 ne place, but considerin often the crowd that wud b ther its quite poss, cos it is even now in me thoughts wen decidin wer 2 go an wot 2 do.

Wot me will admit, an this wos 2 me horror, wos bein refused by a guy once wen offerin him me charms because of me reputation for loose livin! Cheeky sod.. wosnt the first time me was refused by peeps of either sex wen me made a play for them but wos the only bastard who ever told me it wos cos of wot he feared mite catch! Needless 2 say the Fran gob went in2 overdrive an he got good long piece of me mind an me got a bit het up.. So how much peeps concerns bout my "promiscuity" lost me prospective partners is sumthin I jus hav no ansa 2...

So really me duznt hav an ansa to the question really.. least not an entirely satisfactory 1.. besides..if me was about in pre Aids days..me wud b an ole grannie now an prefer 2 b the age I am now tyvm..

twocan
Dec 5, 2006, 6:12 PM
Yes I would. I have to say that the fear of aids has stoped me from having more fun than i would have liked to.

Buck Naked
Dec 5, 2006, 8:08 PM
Since the last man I had sex with 25 years ago died of AIDS about 2 years later I would say that my desires for high risk sex were completely curtailed.

I would love for there to be sex without consequences, but alas, things aren't that way.

julie
Dec 5, 2006, 8:27 PM
So really me duznt hav an ansa to the question really.. least not an entirely satisfactory 1.. besides..if me was about in pre Aids days..me wud b an ole grannie now an prefer 2 b the age I am now tyvm..

:cutelaugh you cheeky madam Fran PMSL.... i still have my moments, i'll have you know!

incontinent giggles,

love julie :female: :bipride: xxxxx

darkeyes
Dec 6, 2006, 3:28 AM
:cutelaugh you cheeky madam Fran PMSL.... i still have my moments, i'll have you know!

incontinent giggles,

love julie :female: :bipride: xxxxx

Oops...in again wiv both feet...tee hee. Soz Jules... didn mean 2 upset ya...hav no doubt that ya do. An plenty more of them as well.. Jus at 27 mayb me got a few more than me will hav wen me ur age.. wanna live long an younger I am in theory longer me lives.. plays me cards rite then more moments me hav. Well makes sense 2 me ne way. :tong:

So carry on havin ya moments.. happy momentin.. luv kissies an huggles. :love1: :kiss: :bigrin:

Has me grovelled enuff??? tee hee

wanderingrichard
Dec 7, 2006, 12:37 AM
been thinking this one over , really i have... and thinking too about all the unfettered sex i had between 19 and 27 [ oh yeah what a great set of mammaries, er memories that is] and being very blissfuly ignorant about all of the s t d's out there. more of the superman mentality , you know, it'll never happen to me!! i'm ten feet tall and bullet proof..

then, i met my now ex wife..at the same time i was dating 3 other people....before we even got into anything even remotely sexual, she took us both to see her sister, who is nurse # 4 in a family of all nurses and medical staff, and we both went thru the whole battery of tests for s t d's....mainly cause she was still recovering from a scare involving an ex boyfriend...thankfully we both came out clean, but it got me thinking about how stupid i was in bed and all.....

then the army sent me to another country, and what happens?? they start their aids/hiv prevention and awareness program.. snickers at first among all us macho he man soldiers, until reality started sinking in, like seeing pictures of those who had/have " IT " and reading the documentation how terrible things are for those who 've contracted it...

from then on, myself, tested every 2-3 months, full spectrum... now have complimentary ownership level stock in sevral condom companies and distributors, i buy so much prevention gear :bigrin:

partners?? well the ones who dont like me wrapping or both of us using some type prevention, we dont get past the refusal stage..and they dont become one of my partners. those who i routinely play with, as a matter of course we always use safety methods, and we make it a point to get and stay tested, and dont even play if we have so much as a sniffle, out of consideration of everyone else....

but, shorter answer... i'd still be a ho, but i'd be one smarter safer more protected ho :eek:

DarrynSami
Dec 7, 2006, 2:54 AM
We already are swingers. We get to know people as friends first though so we are reasonably certain they are clean and that we find them interesting on more than a sexual level. There can be lies or accidents in any relationship. Of course there are more risks involved with our lifestyle than if you never slept with anyone :) ........ bottom line is that it would not change our sexual life much if AIDS did not exist.

Tidgie
Dec 7, 2006, 5:35 AM
probably

fishfry29
Feb 5, 2007, 2:18 PM
I am 64, and remember the days of no HIV. I was a male slut then and would be again, The wife and I were swingers for about 4 years and had many exciting experences, including we shareing another mans cum on many many occasions. I think I would experement with anal sex more now, and definatly enjoy swallowing another mans cum, (I require condoms with my partners now) I dont think the sexual revolution has ended,, its just slowed down because of the nasty things out there now.

Sparks
Feb 5, 2007, 3:09 PM
I love suckining to competion. Yes, I'm bisexual

:tongue:

open2both
Feb 5, 2007, 3:30 PM
HELL yeah!

Sparks
Feb 5, 2007, 6:27 PM
Since I'm a bottom, I prefer bareback to completion. Insofar as Head is concernened, I swallow every time. Know your mate. :tongue:

ihavapa
May 22, 2008, 10:17 PM
Possibly, but if the were no sexual dieases I would be a complete slut.

jem_is_bi
May 22, 2008, 10:36 PM
No. But, I would have much safer fantasies about being a complete slut!

shameless agitator
May 22, 2008, 11:10 PM
Don't think so. I'm finally starting to embrace my inner slut. I would just be a less cautious slut.

The Barefoot Contess
May 22, 2008, 11:25 PM
Probably.

darkeyes
May 23, 2008, 4:52 AM
Since I'm a bottom, I prefer bareback to completion. Insofar as Head is concernened, I swallow every time. Know your mate. :tongue:

Know this an old postin...but no 1..don give a sod how close ya r..can neva kno ther mate 100%...we jus havta luff em an trust em as much as we can....

diB4u
May 23, 2008, 7:53 AM
Well if there was NO OTHER STI's then I would be less careful. I would engage (if situations came my way) in more sex of the imagination...

I would love to feel and to see my male mate (lets supose) coming inside another man without the risk of any STI's or Aids...

But sadly as we do have STI's as well as Aids then No not going to risk my life for a quick shag.

GalacticiaActual
May 23, 2008, 8:27 AM
I'll have to say, that the threat of AIDS along with other STD's has definitely held me back from pursuing many sexual encounters. Even if I were to engage in a random "hook-up", it would be inhibited in itself by having to practice "safe sex".

jamieknyc
May 23, 2008, 9:34 AM
No, that just isn't me.

12voltman59
May 23, 2008, 10:14 AM
Most likely--I played pretty hard before the days of AIDS--I came of age as the "Sexual Revolution" was coming to an end----it was sort of naturally coming to an end at any rate----sort of like a great orgasm that lasted for a long time that was finally ending--and then AIDS came along and everyone suddenly woke up from their post-coital bliss thanks to AIDS--and then jumped up out of bed--got dressed and hardly had sex again since they were so embarrassed they had woken up with someone that totally freaked them out and figured they had gone way too far.

Last night I watched this great four part documentary show that aired on the Sundance Channel about the sexual revolution----detailing its earliest beginnings at the end of WWII up till now.

The coming of AIDS on the scene sure did kill all the fun people were having. Based on what was going on as reported in that show----things did get pretty wild for a time--but thankfully the "Sexual Revolution" did happen--because we are much more free in regards to sex than in the days before it began.

You can have fun----you simply have to take precautions now when you do engage in sex.

Bi_Druid
May 23, 2008, 12:24 PM
I'd say probably not, in as much as it really wouldn't make much difference really.
1, AIDS/HIV isn't the only disease you can get from unprotected sex, so essentially the risks are still there anyway, just in different forms.
2, I'm pretty promiscuous anyway. Strictly safe sex only, I feel I must point out, but if I was any more promiscuous, you may as well just plug me into a 24/7 human stud farm, lol. Sorry, that last comment was a little vulgar I know.

bisexualinsocal
May 25, 2008, 4:28 PM
If it weren't for "pregnancy" is more like it.

ncbike33
May 25, 2008, 5:29 PM
oh hell yes

MapleLeaf
May 25, 2008, 5:37 PM

^^My thoughts exactly.

someotherguy
May 25, 2008, 5:46 PM
Since today is World Aids Day I figured I would post a related question.

If there were no AIDS would you be more promiscuous?

If there were no cooties to worry about I would be a slut that made other sluts say, cool your jets, man, you'll wear yourself out!

YOUNG_CURIOUS_MALE
May 25, 2008, 10:49 PM
if just aids were gone, No because you still have to be very safe.
If all STDs were gone, Id Be a Total SLUT, Men, women and whoever, Id love to have a guy Cum in my Ass,or better Yet be Gang banged and all of them cum in me..
Id love to be Having a MMF threesome, Every night..

But Aids, and all the other stds are here to stay..

**Peg**
May 26, 2008, 9:40 AM
oh hell yes

hehe yup me too...