PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Ripa and Rosie O’Donnell Duke it Out

Tocowboycub
Nov 22, 2006, 8:21 AM
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/v2/news/1106/21/1/text.html

Rosie O'Donnell pretty much 'outed' Clay Aiken yesterday on 'The View'. The whole story is explained quickly and completly on the above link.

As a Gay man (with bisexual curiousity) I appreciate Rosie's openess and public defence of gay issues, but she does have a tendancy of going overboard on occasion. I think she went overboard yesterday. I have to side with Kelly Rippa on this one.

I'm very curious how all you wonderful people think about this ???

speedofan
Nov 22, 2006, 9:35 AM
I normally keep my opinions to myself, but...
The whole thing stinks, and here's why:

1. Although Kelly was justified to do what she did, she could have been more professional about it by admonishing Clay off camera. None of this would have happened if she could have kept her wits until a commercial break.

2. If you knew as much about influenza as I do, from a standpoint of public health, you would know that the encroachment of a persons well-space by another person is and will become increasingly verboten. The truth is we don't know where each other's hands have been, and knowing the statistics of simple hand-washing, I don't want to know. All I know is I don't want them near me either.

3. What gives Rosie O'Donnell the right to out anyone? And if I was Clay, I'd sue. Coming out is a personal, private decision, made only by the person who is "in." I would bet large that two-thirds of the people here are in the closet. Now, ask yourselves, if the local loudmouth you knew outed you, what would happen to you? What affect would that have? Rosie takes her import to a dangerous extreme. Nancy Grace's big mouth caused a suicide. At what point will Rosie's big mouth cause similar harm?

For the love of God, LIVE AND LET LIVE!

:2cents:

pasco_lol_cpl
Nov 22, 2006, 10:31 AM
My take, Kelly reacted within the nature of the show. That means that the on stage admonishment is in character with the rest of the show. Rosie on the other hand ought to learn when to shut her mouth. First of all she's a reactionary shrill and this is just another example of that. She assumed. Outing anyone against their will is a horrific thing to do. Thats a deeply personal choice one either chooses to make or not make. For someone else to make that decision is one of the worst things someone can do. Kelly was right to ripinto Rosie on the View.

littlerayofsunshine
Nov 22, 2006, 10:44 AM
Rosie didn't "Out" Clay like that. She used in a statement the phrase "Someone who's sexuality is in question" Which ultimately is a fact and " As a gay person she took offense to it"

Rosie is not new to contraversy, This ordeal will not affect her fame or life. Kelly on the other hand only took offense because it goes against "her image" of what she thinks people expect from her. I saw the interview. Her " I don't know where that hand has been" comment was done in a lewed tone and was completely fine with her as long as it was her audience that was laughing. She wanted to upstage Clay about her position. And she did. She has gotten more air time over this one subject than Clay has in months.

I feel bad for Clay I really do. He has been hounded about his sexuality, and his no comment stance on it fules the curiousity. I am sure he has learned a valuable lesson through all this. Stay away from morning gossip shows and no more co-hosting.

I have seen Kelly have her hands all over Regis' foot, pull a slinter out and kiss the foot. That was more sickening than anything. Who wants the morning coffee with a side of foot.

Great, I got the willies again. lol

bibottom30064
Nov 22, 2006, 4:52 PM
I don't watch either show and this dust up is a perfect example of why I wouldn't waste my time. Ms. Ripa was well within her rights to admonish Mr. Aiken, I wouldn't take my own hand to my mouth without first washing my hands.

Ms. O'Donnell is a hypocritical loudmouth who would jump upside the head of anyone making remarks about the sexual inclinaions of any other individual. Shame on you for causing the pain you have.

Doggie_Wood
Nov 22, 2006, 5:29 PM
I don't watch either show and this dust up is a perfect example of why I wouldn't waste my time.........
Ms. O'Donnell is a hypocritical loudmouth who would jump upside the head of anyone making remarks about the sexual inclinaions of any other individual. Shame on you for causing the pain you have.

Double Dittos - I can't stand the loud mouthed, crotch grabbing bitch.

:doggie:

SweetBlackAngel
Nov 22, 2006, 6:31 PM
Double Dittos - I can't stand the loud mouthed, crotch grabbing bitch.

Wow, Dog. Tell us how you really feel.... :tong:

bigirl_inwv
Nov 22, 2006, 7:06 PM
I dont think that Kelly Rippa had Clay Aiken's sexuality in mind at all when she made the statement. It's cold and flu season, you never know how often or how well people wash their hands. Even if he had recently washed them, he was shaking hands with audience members and you definately can't guaruntee anything there. I think she was just genuinely concerned about the cleanliness of his hands. Had it been anyone else, I believe she would have acted the same way.

I think that Rosie is just one of those types of people who looks for things to be offensive. It gives her something to talk about on her show and a reason to bitch about something. I think that she is the only homosexual person that took offense to that comment. I had heard nothing about it until she opened her yap. I hate to break it to her....but not all straight people are homophobic. And even if they are, not all the comments they make are directed at gay people! She really just needs to get over herself.

Herbwoman39
Nov 22, 2006, 9:31 PM
Kelly was right to flip out like that. Even if it wasn't cold and flu season, you simply do not violate someone's personal space like that. it's poor manners at the very least.

As for Clay being gay, that's no shocker. The comedian Kathy Griffin has been calling him "Gaykin" in her act for quite some time. Really, any man who seeks out interviews to proclaim publicly that he "just hasn't found the right woman yet", is denying something. With that in mind, Rosie didn't really out him. She just went in the direction that many of us were already headed in.

Doggie_Wood
Nov 22, 2006, 11:52 PM
Wow, Dog. Tell us how you really feel.... :tong:

:shades:

Executive36
Nov 23, 2006, 12:28 AM
All I know is I would love to make love to Kelly while Roise was tied up watching and wishing she could get such a fine catch. haha. :bigrin:

tommyswing
Nov 24, 2006, 10:38 AM
To me watching Rosie is the same as watching the Jerry Springer show, except she doesn't need guests.

wss30152
Nov 25, 2006, 8:27 AM
Rosie need to go fuck herself. I think clay got off easy I would have bitch slapped him.

laidback
Nov 25, 2006, 8:34 PM
No one has a " right " to out anyone else. That is that person's decision and no one elses. And anyone that willingly watches rosie O'fuckface needs their head examined too..lol

wildangel
Nov 26, 2006, 7:17 PM
I'm with you bigirl.

I despise talk shows and I despise Rosie O'Donnell and Kelly Ripa even more. Kelly's an empty-headed ditz (or at least she plays one on Regis and Kelly). Rosie makes all non-heteros everywhere look like assholes.

Rosie takes every opportunity to ensure that everyone in America knows she's an out gay woman. Well, good for her for standing up for the gay community. But she at least needs to be sure that the person in question is, in fact, gay and that the situation indeed calls for Rosie-Avenger of Gay Persons. I don't believe this situation called for that. As a parent (and someone borderline OCD), I support Kelly Ripa on this one.

I dont think that Kelly Rippa had Clay Aiken's sexuality in mind at all when she made the statement. It's cold and flu season, you never know how often or how well people wash their hands. Even if he had recently washed them, he was shaking hands with audience members and you definately can't guaruntee anything there. I think she was just genuinely concerned about the cleanliness of his hands. Had it been anyone else, I believe she would have acted the same way.

I think that Rosie is just one of those types of people who looks for things to be offensive. It gives her something to talk about on her show and a reason to bitch about something. I think that she is the only homosexual person that took offense to that comment. I had heard nothing about it until she opened her yap. I hate to break it to her....but not all straight people are homophobic. And even if they are, not all the comments they make are directed at gay people! She really just needs to get over herself.

artjock
Nov 26, 2006, 8:58 PM
I could be wrong but this is the order of events. I saw the part on the View where Rosie talked via the phone with Kelly.

1/ Kelly asked Clay a leading question about his sexuality first.
2/ Clay put his hand over Kelly's mouth to stop her in the direction that she was talking to her co host(obviously without his permission)
3/ Kelly supposedly became very critical of Clay making a statement about disease and spreading it to her kids(She repeated this statement on the View).

4/ The next day Rosie made her statement about it being incorrect for Kelly to make such a leading question and outing Clay.
5/ Kelly called in during the live View hour.

It seems to me that Kelly Ripa was wrong to out Clay. She clearly didn't have his approval to discuss the sexuality of her co host or he wouldn't have tried to stop her. Her claim about trying to clear up rumours was bs. She has a big mouth as big as Rosies...lol She a hot chic but a big mouth who thinks pretty highly of herself. It must happen to all women who co host with that air head Regis...lol

IanBorthwick
Nov 27, 2006, 5:40 AM
A few things I feel about Clay and what is going on.

The whole event seems to me to be Kelly being very private with her space, I have no idea more than that. Someone covers MY mouth, I swat the hand away.

Rosie O'Donnell is not secure in her position in life unless she is jamming it upside your head AND you are thanking her for her point of view with which she is inflicting bodily harm upon you.

Both of them are people on TV. Let's face it folks, it's a nasty rating slaughterhouse out there and they hack and grab for their piece of the pie and a nibble or mouthful of each others, if they can get away with it. Therefor it is in their best interests to do what gets ratings of all sorts!

The saying goes, there is no such thing as BAD publicity. Furthermore, someone once said,"Never leave them ambivalent." That way they'll spread the talk about them far and wide.

Poor Clay. I don't care what his sex life is....I don't. Just like with the guy that played Doogie Hauser, I just don't care. It's not my business and I resent someone acting like it should be a part of public record. There was a movie I recall by the name of "In the Gloaming" where the son was dying of AIDS. Glenn Close played the mother that asked this all important question of the son,"Did you love?"

In the end that's the only right we have , to love. Nothing else matters. Not names or faces, tally counts or notches on a belt, nor what the sex is of whomever you loved.

When you get to the end, the important question is: Did you love? Anything else is none of their damn business.

twodelta
Nov 27, 2006, 12:06 PM
A few things I feel about Clay and what is going on.

The whole event seems to me to be Kelly being very private with her space, I have no idea more than that. Someone covers MY mouth, I swat the hand away.

Rosie O'Donnell is not secure in her position in life unless she is jamming it upside your head AND you are thanking her for her point of view with which she is inflicting bodily harm upon you.

Both of them are people on TV. Let's face it folks, it's a nasty rating slaughterhouse out there and they hack and grab for their piece of the pie and a nibble or mouthful of each others, if they can get away with it. Therefor it is in their best interests to do what gets ratings of all sorts!

The saying goes, there is no such thing as BAD publicity. Furthermore, someone once said,"Never leave them ambivalent." That way they'll spread the talk about them far and wide.

Poor Clay. I don't care what his sex life is....I don't. Just like with the guy that played Doogie Hauser, I just don't care. It's not my business and I resent someone acting like it should be a part of public record. There was a movie I recall by the name of "In the Gloaming" where the son was dying of AIDS. Glenn Close played the mother that asked this all important question of the son,"Did you love?"

In the end that's the only right we have , to love. Nothing else matters. Not names or faces, tally counts or notches on a belt, nor what the sex is of whomever you loved.

When you get to the end, the important question is: Did you love? Anything else is none of their damn business.

Hey IanBorthwick - How beautifully said. And thanks for reminding me of movie to add to my Netflix list