PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article for Seattle folks

coyotedude
Nov 17, 2006, 2:25 PM
An interesting article for people in the Seattle area from the Seattle Times:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2003432940_gays16m.html

The article describes a study that asserts that among the 50 largest US cities, Seattle is second only to San Francisco in the percentage of residents identifying themselves as gay, lesbian, or bisexual: 12.9%.

Granted, the study's methodology is not perfect, as the authors themselves indicate in the article.

Still, San Francisco better watch out - Seattle is catching up! ;) ;) ;)

Peace

tink1978
Nov 18, 2006, 1:20 AM
Did you notice that it is only the same sex households. If they polled all house holds I bet the number would be larger.

If there are that many people in Seattle area who are gay or bi why have I been unable to get any female action?

Oh well I guess I will keep looking.

mistymockingbird
Nov 18, 2006, 3:33 PM
Thanks for sharing the article. Woohoo for Seattle.

coyotedude
Nov 19, 2006, 1:17 AM
Did you notice that it is only the same sex households. If they polled all house holds I bet the number would be larger.

If there are that many people in Seattle area who are gay or bi why have I been unable to get any female action?

Oh well I guess I will keep looking.

I did notice that, actually. Certainly I wouldn't be included in their count, since I'm a bi guy married to a str8 (but most certainly NOT narrow) woman. But then, I don't doubt that the study undercounts even fully gay or fully lesbian individuals as well.

Still, I think it is a step in the right direction.

As for the female action, my friend.... well, I'm afraid I can't help you there. (But good luck anyway....)

Peace