PDA

View Full Version : Hello, another new member

izzfan
Nov 14, 2006, 10:33 PM
Hi, I am an 18 year old university student. I guess what prompted me to join this forum (apart from the fact that I've been 'lurking'... I think that is the proper term for it... basically being a 'guest' rather than a 'member' for a few months) was at a recent disco organised by the LGBT society that I am in. I went to the DJ to request a song by 'The Offspring' and he looked puzzled before asking if I was bisexual, I found this hilarious as I have never seen 'The Offspring' as a 'bi' band before and I found the whole incident amusing. Although I have only been with men in the past, I still regard myself as bisexual as I still find women attractive (I am probably 75% gay and 25% straight). It has only been since I have started university that I have really been able to 'come out' about my sexuality (It also has TV/CD elements to it as well, but I have noticed that these are mildly less prominent than in the days before university).
I have kind of posted a couple of posts before I realised that it would be a good idea to introduce myself (I'm kind of new to this whole 'posting' thing after months of 'lurking'), sorry about that. Anyway, as you can guess I am a big fan of Eddie Izzard (first TV/CD role model I ever had, who kind of inspired me to trawl the internet for LGBT stuff when I was in the closet... if it wasn't for him then I probably wouldn't have stumbled across this site lol). As for being in the closet back home, there are many friends that I have who think that I am 'straight, but too nervous to go with a woman'... only 1 friend back home knows about my sexuality. Anyway, I am going on a bit and I'm sure you have probably heard this all before... also it is 3:30Am (GMT) and I probably should get some sleep lol

LoveLion
Nov 14, 2006, 11:55 PM
Glad to meet you. Cheerz.

ambi53mm
Nov 15, 2006, 6:57 AM
Hi Izzyfan and welcome to Bisexual.com. Great introduction :) Always interesting to hear a new perspectives on Bisexuality and what inspires us to make those leaps towards understanding ourselves. Discovery is always a positive attribute of these posts and I find it fascinating to discover bits and pieces of myself whether from my own posted thoughts or those of someone else. Safe Journey to you on your path :)

Ambi :)

ambi53mm
Nov 15, 2006, 7:01 AM
ooooops "Izzfan" sorry for the mispell...it's what happens when I stay up until 3am :bigrin:

Ambi :)

animalat54
Nov 15, 2006, 9:57 AM
Hell,It only took me 40 yrs to realize.Feel fortunate,you were able to understand at such a young age.But then I came to the sight and meet a lot of new and exciting friends,That believe in the same.

Brian
Nov 15, 2006, 11:21 AM
Welcome Izzfan!

- Drew :paw: