PDA

View Full Version : what are your limits....

mrplayfuluk
Nov 14, 2006, 10:58 AM
in regards to 'safe sex'? for example oral. With or without a condom?

Tynary
Nov 14, 2006, 12:21 PM
I believe in safe sex. condom always necessary in any kind of sex unless one is trying for a baby. I suppose I would have unprotected oral sex with a long term partner i trust who I am certain has no diseases. I suppose I might have unprotected sex if I was in a long term relationship with some one I know had no disease but of course on the pill if that person was male.
During anal sex a condom should always be used and it is healthy not to be on the pill for long periods of time so condoms are essential. If one is not 100% positive the other person is clean (the other person may n kno they have an infection or disease) then a condom or dental dam is needed for sure in any kind of sex.

innaminka
Nov 14, 2006, 5:26 PM
Know your partner: :female: or :male:
I admit that for most of my life I've played with fire - and so far (44) have got away scott free.
Having a loathing of condoms, I very rarely used them. Pregnancy was not an issue - STD's? - yep, played with fire. Back to my original statement.

Recently, (last few years) not such an issue. The only man I have sex with is my husband, and against all advice, i believe I run far less of a risk of an STD with a f/f encounter.

maybe I've been lucky. No sermons please.

KevsBi
Nov 14, 2006, 5:43 PM
While in college way back in the 80's my roomate, who introduced me to bi-sex, and I exchanged bodily fluids orally and anally on several occassions.
But in this day and time I would never have unprotected sex...with a guy or a girl. :cool:

the sacred night
Nov 14, 2006, 7:38 PM
Well the only person I have sex with is my fiance, and we've been together and monogamous two years now. If one of us had something, by this point we'd both have it, condom or not. Therefore, STIs are not an issue, so we go down on each other without protection, but for any penis/vagina contact, we use condoms because I do NOT want a baby on my hands right now, seeing as I'm still in college. I was on the pill for awhile, but it pretty much sucked because I had no sex drive and therefore didn't need it anyway.

musqrat
Nov 16, 2006, 1:11 PM
I divide people into three classes:

Class C - just met them or don't know much about their history. No vaginal or anal; use of barriers for all oral; prefer just using hands.

Class B - know them well enough to trust when they say they are clean. Vaginal with condom; perform anal with condom but not receive anal at all; barriers if I'm performing oral on a guy, none for a woman.

Class A - confirmed STD clean with test within past 6 months and mutual trust and commitment to safe practices. Vaginal or anal (either way) ok with condom; oral with no barriers.

mannysg
Nov 18, 2006, 10:43 AM
LIke Musqrat, I have 3 categories of people, but a little different standards:

1. If I wasn't fairly sure that the person was clean, I probably wouldn't have any sex with him/her other then perhaps masterbating each other.

2. If I felt comfortable that the person was clean, but wasn't 100% sure, I'd give/recieve oral with no protection, but any other penetration would be with a condom.

3. If I was 100% sure they were clean, I'd prefer no condoms at all, but would respect their wishes/desires.

Doggie_Wood
Nov 18, 2006, 6:28 PM
I, like a lot peeps, did not prefer to using a condom. For a long time I likened it to taking a shower with a rain coat on. And, like innaminka, I too have played with fire for a good many years and have thus far been lucky.
The newer flavored condoms do make situations a bit more tasty anyhow. But most deffinantly, I use a condom involving any kind of penitration.
Mainly for STD protection and secondly to prevent pregancies (doubt if I have enough spermies to swim that far).
My PA, at my last testing, told me that a person who has a very mild (what ever that means) case of Herpes B, may go for years and never have an outbreak. And the only was to test + for it is the fluid secreted in an outbreak. She said the antibodies produced are like those produced if you've ever had a cold sore (same virus). So someone could be a carrier of the virus and not know it.
Do I use condoms? Yep - for your protection as well as mine.

(BTW-I was clean)

:doggie:

izzfan
Nov 19, 2006, 3:10 PM
Probably a good idea to use safe sex unless you are sure that the other person is clean (if it is a woman, use safe sex regardless as there is always the possiblity of accidental pregnancy). I mean, I once recieved unprotected oral sex to a bloke (but at the time I was still unsure whther I was a virgin... a week before that I had attempted to give protected oral sex to another bloke but neither of us came, so it was very unlikely that I had caught anything) and I reckon that this was probably reasonably low-risk. Nevertheless, it is probably good to err on the side of caution if you are unsure about someone.

Izzfan