PDA

View Full Version : Bad experiances?

Bi_Jay
Nov 11, 2006, 7:07 PM
So has anyone ever had a bad experiance meeting people online? I am just curiouse, I had kind of a quistionable experiance with a guy once not bad just strange after a while.

ambi53mm
Nov 11, 2006, 7:41 PM
So has anyone ever had a bad experiance meeting people online? I am just curiouse, I had kind of a quistionable experiance with a guy once not bad just strange after a while.

Bi Jay,

Do you mean meeting people off-line that you've met online...or just meeting people online?

Ambi :)

Bi_Jay
Nov 11, 2006, 8:32 PM
Bi Jay,

Do you mean meeting people off-line that you've met online...or just meeting people online?

lol yes that is what I meant, meeting someone in real life who you found on the internet. sorry for the confusion.

mistymockingbird
Nov 12, 2006, 12:36 AM
The only bad experience I've had was a miscommunication of sorts. Was supposed to meet someone, was at the place but didn't see them, forgot to bring their number with me to call to see if there had been a snag. I waited 45 minutes then left. Got home to less than friendly email saying they had been there too and hadn't seen me. Needless to say, a second meeting was not attempted.

There have been others who have wanted to meet but I've decided not to because an internal red flag was raised for some reason. I've met some that were one time only things for a myriad of reasons. A few that I saw more than once or have become casual friends. I met one who has become a very special friend. So, its always a risk, but it can payoff depending on what you're looking for. The big thing is to trust your gut when setting up a meeting with someone.

LoveLion
Nov 12, 2006, 1:16 AM
Personally I would never meet anyone untill I know there age, gender, intentions, had become good friends with them for at least 6 months or so, and had seen a few pictures so I could recognize them and make sure there not lying about there age or gender. I would definatly be very reluctant to meet anyone I had met online, but if I got to know them well enough I might.

ambi53mm
Nov 12, 2006, 5:10 AM
Hi Bi Jay again and thanks for the clarification. I've never really had what I would term bad experiences but I've had a few disappointments. The biggest issue thus far has been with honesty. My wife and I explored the "Swinger" lifestyle for a short time as an attempt to expand our sexual horizons.We've always been pretty honest when filling out profiles and will even go back on occasion to update ours. The disappointment comes with those that say one thing but mean another, This can range from posting photos that are ten years old to proclaiming to be a bi couple only to discover that the wife is bi and the male just wanted to experience a threesome with another woman.
Men that can't get it up and women who greatly exagerate their weight stats usually by 20 to 30 lbs. and in a few cases men who exagerate their cock sizes ( Sorry but 4" is not "well hung" in my book).

We've experienced a few "no shows" but don't consider that necessarily bad because we approach each encounter with "if it's meant to be,it will happen" All in all our experienes have been pretty good and we learned a lot about ourselves and the growth was worth the trade off. There are some things that only experience can teach.

The flip side is that I met the woman of my dreams online and we've been together for almost 10 years now. My once in a while malefriend I met online as well and that has lasted almost 8 months.I think if you're honest upfront and you develope some saftey guidelines that meeting people can be exciting and that the opportunities are tenfold when compared to trying to meet people offline without prior knowledge. Above anything else...play safe...although our experiences have been for the most part good..we've heard horror stories from others.

DiamondDog
Nov 12, 2006, 11:15 PM
I've met people from the internet and most of the time it goes pretty well.
I did meet one guy who I was thinking about doing SM with and he wanted me to piss on him in the small coffeeshop bathroom and I just said no thanks and left.

But that's a rare occurance and usually I chat with people for awhile (like a few months at the least) and then I meet them in public for a coffee date. :)

Bi_Jay
Nov 13, 2006, 2:21 PM
well thank you for your feedback, I havnt had a bad experiance with the few men that I met online but honestly one was questionable. I dont know maybe it just wasnt exactly how I imagined it would be, that was how I lost my virginity I have sence then come to the realization that I was just being used but that part I dont realy mind after all the sex was great and thats all I realy wanted so theres nothing realy to complain about. I didnt realize it at the time, but after the incodent and meeting him I realized the pictures he gave me (witch didnt have his face in any of them realy) were either not of him or were 10 years old, becuase he had a rather large tattoo in his leg that wasnt in his pictures, and just some of the stuff he said I had a hard time believing.

darkeyes
Nov 13, 2006, 3:25 PM
I have never arranged to or met anyone as a result of on line contact although I do have a few people I have met subsequent to having originally speaking to them through the web, one of whom is a member of this site. There are people I would dearly love to meet and of whom I have grown extremely fond, and maybe some day I shall do so.

Having said that my point is this..web meets reflect all the good and bad of relationships. We are as almost likely to have a bad experience through a blind date or by getting off with someone in a club as having a bad meet through on line contact. Even long term relationships as we all know have really bad experiences. My own worst experience was in fact with a boy I met in a club who seemed so nice but looks can be deceiving and the personable nature can always be liable to turn nasty. And it did. So any relationship can turn unpleasant and we all have a bad experience however long we have known them or however we met them. They all have dangers and its up to us to be on our guard against them.

strawberry8302
Nov 13, 2006, 10:10 PM

Hell fucking yea!!! I met this guy (who is now my ex-boyfriend) online, after we were talking for 3 months. He became my boyfriend and we started dating. During the course of our relationship, negative things about him started coming out of his personality. He was obsessive, jealous, pushy, overbearing, overprotective, he smothered me and he ended up stalking me when I tried to end our relationship. The end result? A restraining order and a court date. BE FUCKING CAREFUL!!!!