PDA

View Full Version : How do you envision yourself?

smokey
Nov 6, 2006, 4:11 PM
For example: I have never been a macho dude...just is not me...I am not a flaming queen either. For most of my life however I have cultivated an androgynous air...not drag, but an appearance that has, I guess, elements of it. I like fine fabrics, weaves and embroideries; scarves, ascots, vests and waist-coats...a style that hints back to men's styles of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It has a distinct feminine touch in other words. I still wear a sarong or kimono around the house. I am comfortable with this and even when I wear my biker leather it is libel to have an embroidered scarf or a decorative pin along with my 3 earrings. And the same if true if I have to dress up for a formal affair like a funeral, wedding or job interview...I am definately dressed as a man but I will have an embroidered vest, or button on suspenders, an old fedora or a great coat and a scarf etc.

So how do others here present themselves? Do you adopt an air or do you make the effort to blend in as much as possible?

bigregory
Nov 6, 2006, 9:33 PM
Most of the time i do not have the option of what i wear.
Doing renovations i never know what i will get on what im wearing.
(especially with some of the gay clients).
But when i do get to wear some nice clothes i do like to add all the colour i can. pink, purple no problem.Im not into bling bling.I do like to be clean,because once im naked thats all there is.... :male:

ambi53mm
Nov 6, 2006, 10:06 PM
Doing renovations i never know what i will get on what im wearing.
(especially with some of the gay clients).
:male:

Damn that cracked me up LOL :bigrin:

The way I envision myself is as close to nondescript as possible. I take pride in my ability to blend. I am like a chameleon adapting to whatever my immediate environment requires, taking great strides to be as invisible as possible. I tend to view myself as an introvert by choice and hold my privacy in extremely high regard.
My outer persona is in direct conflict to my inner desires. My persona is extremely extraverted. I work in a profession that demands being very visible. There are thousands…Yes thousands of people that know me and that will approach at any place, at any time. Moving out of state has afforded me some relief but the process begins again…so I’ve become as close to a recluse as I possibly can.
Normal attire these days…jeans and a three button black tee shirt with a cheap pair of sunglasses…..and NO guitar....and if anyone asks...you haven't seen me :)

Ambi :)

pasco_lol_cpl
Nov 6, 2006, 10:15 PM
I like to think of my wife and I as the ultimate stealth couple. We are both outgoing and blend in quite well at most situations. People see us as a fun, kooky couple, but normal none the less. Typical fun middle class parents of three. No one in our community has even the slightest clue as to who we really are and what we like to do. Our style of dress is normally nude at home, and when outside it is tailored to the event we are at. Work gets business attires, weekends are T-shirts, shorts, and sandals. A night out on the town gets the right clothing.

It can be frustrating at times keeping up the one appearance when all we really wanna do is walk down the street naked saying "were bi, we like to have fun, and we're really good people"

Does any of this make any sense?

Herbwoman39
Nov 6, 2006, 11:23 PM
I have never allowed (except for Pride events) sexuality to dictate my wardrobe. I dress appropriate to the occasion. For a business meeting I wear a nice tweed jacket, dressy blouse and dress pants. Sometimes I'll wear my pink velvet suit jacket if it is an advertising meeting and I'm the one in control of the situation. Thus I can be a little more casual.

Since I work out of the house, my work clothes consist of tank tops and denim capris. For going out in public I dress nicely. For instance tonight we went out for dinner and I wore a black and purple velvet high-waisted top and black velvet burnout jeans. Simple and cute.

If the mood strikes me I'll wear the purple velvet stuff with purple hiking boots. But that has NOTHING to do with my sexuality. I just like wearing unique clothing. It's the same reason I own a pair of velvet paisley Ralph Lauren pants. I love pretty and unique or different things.

citystyleguy
Nov 7, 2006, 12:35 AM
as for most, it is dictated by the neccessities of the moment; if it is up to me, it will depend upon the impression i want to make. i can't say that i am hip to only the latest, as that comes and goes by the moment; i am partial to anything that is classic, minimalist in decoration and color, and well tailored, whether a period/collector item or something new that reflects a certain look. my closet is lean on decoration, basic colors, muted with barely a touch of design, if any; there are some whites but mostly muted creams, soft blacks and charcol greys (with minimal, fine pin stripes), blues, the darkest and softest around, grey/greens, into soft, gentle earthtones. all are soft fabrics, draped, and designed to say focused, disciplined, in control.

around the house, at the park, doing errands, going to the market; levis 501's perferrably older pairs, soft, worn without rips and tears (ugh!), ribbed cotton t's, again black, charcol greys, cream whites; with denim shirts or older soft flannels (if the weather is cool); or if only at home, old sweats or athletic shorts, rugby-styled; ribbed t's or if cool, thermals in muted colors.

if a party, i recreate the rat-pack look, early to mid-sixties; i comb the collector cloths stores of the city, and with the recent upswing in popularity of the modernist era, it is a damn painful process. i also look for hats, but as i do not have a standard head size, i have to have them refitted, if possible.

the only jewelry is minimalist in design, cold cool metals set with a dramatic stone, ceramic, or contrasting metal, of particular color, architectual, or primitive design.

and that is pretty much the look; not for my clothes to be noticed, but for me to be noticed!

"...dress shabby, they notice the dress; dress well and they notice the guy..." (to paraphrase coco chanel!)

smokey
Nov 7, 2006, 8:52 AM
Do I let my sexuality dictate what I wear?....HMMM!!! Not really. I wear what I enjoy and what pleases me. When I am not dressed up (and often even when I am) I go in for loose or baggy clothing, this was true even when I was young and slim and beautiful...I find tight clothes uncomfortable and I like my feng to shui ;) ;) ;) !!! Besides that, the best way to deal with (my current) excess weight is baggy clothes.

Like I have said before I think I have a very noticible feminine quality and am generally surprised when others do not see it but I do not care for drag. I am a man who likes the softer, elegant, prettier, more comfortable things...I love incenses and candles, I enjoy offering myself to a lover on a pile of fluffy pillows and cuddle up afterwards in an old soft quilt...to scent myself with musk and to purr contentedly when a lover comes and especially when they come inside me. But I am no queen, I am the same way with my female lovers and they keep coming back even though they know I enjoy men as well.

littlerayofsunshine
Nov 7, 2006, 9:51 AM
I am laid back, comfortable, easy going. Favorite attire, Denim jeans and a tank or t-shirt and nice boots.. For outings, Denim (Dark blue) jeans and a dressy top, nice shoes, and a small amount of jewelry (usually just my wedding set). Anything dressy or formal I have is suited for a funeral, court, wedding, or job interview. And yes I have warn a black dress to someone's wedding, same attire the bride saw me go to a funeral in..LOL.. Tacky? Thats me, eclectic with an air to pull it all together. No facade, No dazzling distractions. I don't need pretty packaging. I am not a girly girl, I do not keep up with fashion, I am simple and enjoy it.

jedinudist
Nov 7, 2006, 10:42 AM
I like to think of my wife and I as the ultimate stealth couple. We are both outgoing and blend in quite well at most situations. People see us as a fun, kooky couple, but normal none the less. Typical fun middle class parents of three. No one in our community has even the slightest clue as to who we really are and what we like to do. Our style of dress is normally nude at home, and when outside it is tailored to the event we are at. Work gets business attires, weekends are T-shirts, shorts, and sandals. A night out on the town gets the right clothing.

It can be frustrating at times keeping up the one appearance when all we really wanna do is walk down the street naked saying "were bi, we like to have fun, and we're really good people"

Does any of this make any sense?

LOL - YES

We're nudists too. Wouldn't the world be a better place if everyone had a healthy attitude towards the human body and nudity?

Then we could go about our lives in the nude without fear of reprisal.

ahhh - some fine day...

darkeyes
Nov 7, 2006, 7:40 PM
A selfish bitch that wishes she wasnt.

arana
Nov 7, 2006, 8:10 PM
A selfish bitch that wishes she wasnt.
STOP IT!!!!

wanderingrichard
Nov 7, 2006, 11:42 PM
walter mitty?? under dog?? mighty mouse?? always the hero wannabe underneath, guess cause of my upbringing to be selfless ,giving and modest. eh, maybe more like under dog.. at least he had more of the same traits.

publicly, it's like others here.. quiet, professional, dress for the current environment, but mostly jeans, casual wear, dockers etc. seldom wear suits anymore, but when i was a partner in a private security firm, a nicley crafted business suit was the order of the day. and, yeah, i blend in real well. you wouldnt know anyhting about me if you passed me on the street. if you noticed me at all.

animalat54
Nov 8, 2006, 3:28 AM
You have to be yourself and move on ,I'm 54 years old and it took me this long to realize what life is all about.Just get a grip and move on.okey]For example: I have never been a macho dude...just is not me...I am not a flaming queen either. For most of my life however I have cultivated an androgynous air...not drag, but an appearance that has, I guess, elements of it. I like fine fabrics, weaves and embroideries; scarves, ascots, vests and waist-coats...a style that hints back to men's styles of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It has a distinct feminine touch in other words. I still wear a sarong or kimono around the house. I am comfortable with this and even when I wear my biker leather it is libel to have an embroidered scarf or a decorative pin along with my 3 earrings. And the same if true if I have to dress up for a formal affair like a funeral, wedding or job interview...I am definately dressed as a man but I will have an embroidered vest, or button on suspenders, an old fedora or a great coat and a scarf etc.

So how do others here present themselves? Do you adopt an air or do you make the effort to blend in as much as possible?[/QUOTE]

smokey
Nov 8, 2006, 8:37 AM
That reads like a slam to me....I know who and what I am as well, and what I like.

Lisa (va)
Nov 8, 2006, 1:41 PM
As Herbwoman said, I also dress appropriately for the occasion. I am for the most part quite comfortable with myself: whether it be nude in bed, casual or dressed up. Aside from dressing for the occasion I also dress for the impression I wish to make, ie, first date.

I wear a full spectrum of clothing, jeans, bibs, tees, tanks, dresses, skirts, sweats. It really depends on the mood I am,

Lisa

hugs n kisses