PDA

View Full Version : Why is it hard to meet other Bi Cpls?

ncbeachgoers
Nov 5, 2006, 9:00 PM
Why does it seem sooooooooo hard to meet othe Bi Cpls out there??

pasco_lol_cpl
Nov 5, 2006, 10:43 PM
I understand what you are saying. I cant speak for others but I know its damned hard for us to actually meet with other couples because of three things aged 13, 8 and 6. As our kids get older we will be able to get out more often but right now its difficult, though not impossible for us to get out and meet.

But I think the general answer has to do with the swinging communities reluctance and outright hostility towards bi males and the feelings of fear that this engenders, leading to many to chose to stay in the closet. Oh sure its perfectly acceptable, if not normal for the wife to say she is bi. But man oh man the shit storm that can erupt if the male even hints that he is curious, let alone full on bi. One of the biggest misperceptions we have encountered over the years sounds something like "OMG, that means he's gonna demand to play with me". With that mind set the numbers of couples on your average swingers board willing to talk to a bi couple dwindles to nearly nothing.

So to avoid these and other problems the bi male half of the couple states that he is straight. If he / they are feeling adventurous they might update their profile to include some euphemisms in it. One of my favorite flags is the statement that the couple is "Open minded couple". That right there can mean a lot of things, but generally I've found it to be a smoke screen for him being bi, but not wanting to say it out loud.

Another possible reason is that bis who are into swinging may very well have a problem finding others of a similar mindset who want to also be in a relationship. Think about it, besides this board, how many others out there cater to the bi community and give the opportunity for other singles to meet? Couple that with the fact that there is a huge disparity between the number of bi men on the net Vs. the number of bi women out there and you can see why the odds work against bi couples as well.

So thats my two cents. I may not have a statistical leg to stand on, but the conclusions that my wife and I have come to after observing the lifestyle for going on 11 or so years now.

ScifiBiJen
Nov 5, 2006, 11:56 PM
OK now I'm just confused. NCbeachgoers, you already made this exact thread several days ago. Why did you make it again? That's not helping anyone.

ncbeachgoers
Nov 6, 2006, 7:00 AM
Sorry for the repeat forum, we didn't see the original posted and thought it might not have made it on. (We will search for the old string)

Thanks for the other comments though. Pasco_lol_cpl reaffirmed our thoughts and experiences. Swingers groups are not for us...
:bipride:
We have also found that other cpls with Bi Males are hard to reach. I guess we all have busy lives ,and being in a conservative Right wing christian area does not help.